Specimen paper? (1 Viewer)

Jeeevs

HSC
How similar will the specimen paper and the actual paper be? I saw specimen papers for other subjects when their syllabus' changed and the essay questions seemed pretty similar between the two papers

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
Hopefully they don't ask about law reform (human rights)...

uirate

HSC
Hopefully they don't ask about law reform (human rights)...
dude is that even part of the syllabus? Not once do i recall studying law reform in regards to human rights.. unless you mean the development of human rights?

HSC
dude is that even part of the syllabus? Not once do i recall studying law reform in regards to human rights.. unless you mean the development of human rights?
Haha oh good, I thought I was the only one who didn't remember learning anything about it, unless like you said they're referring to the development of hr...

xAlan

HSC
Pretty sure they're just going to ask about 1 contemporary example of domestic or international response to human rights ( at least i hope they do :D )

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Actually law reform is part of the syllabus.
One of the themes and challenges is "the role of law reform in protecting human rights".
Not really sure what I'd do if this came up. I'd probably just relate this to the development section anyway along with how Australia has attempted to incorporate Human Rights doctrines into domestic law

uirate

HSC
Actually law reform is part of the syllabus.
One of the themes and challenges is "the role of law reform in protecting human rights".
Not really sure what I'd do if this came up. I'd probably just relate this to the development section anyway along with how Australia has attempted to incorporate Human Rights doctrines into domestic law
good idea didn't think of that... but yeah development of HR and that are all that i can think of that some what relate to law reform :/

iiloveschool

HSC
interesting that you point this out.. because when I was doing the specimen paper I blanked and realised my class had not be taught anything on law reform when referring to human rights. I just referred to the development of human rights.
I really hope the 8marker question is on a contemporary issue.

ALSO HOPING FOR YOUNG OFFENDERS IN CRIME.. predictions for crime essay?

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
good idea didn't think of that... but yeah development of HR and that are all that I can think of that some what relate to law reform :/
Law reform is the worst part of the syllabus I reckon, especially for HR + crime :/ Here's hoping it doesn't come up!

HSC
interesting that you point this out.. because when I was doing the specimen paper I blanked and realised my class had not be taught anything on law reform when referring to human rights. I just referred to the development of human rights.
I really hope the 8marker question is on a contemporary issue.

ALSO HOPING FOR YOUNG OFFENDERS IN CRIME.. predictions for crime essay?
im praying for young offenders! otherwise i predict international crime, or sentencing and punishment or penalties imposed during the sentencing process (crime essay for the specimen paper).

iiloveschool

HSC
im praying for young offenders! otherwise i predict international crime, or sentencing and punishment or penalties imposed during the sentencing process (crime essay for the specimen paper).
mmm yes. well i was looking through the syllabus requirements and BOS states young offenders is new to the syllabus ...BUT ALSO A STRONGER FOCUS ON LAW REFORM.

is it possible to do sentencing and punishment since that was the specimen paper? wouldnt there be too many prepared answers?

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I think Young Offenders, and it's going to have some type of stimulus

HSC
mmm yes. well i was looking through the syllabus requirements and BOS states young offenders is new to the syllabus ...BUT ALSO A STRONGER FOCUS ON LAW REFORM.

is it possible to do sentencing and punishment since that was the specimen paper? wouldnt there be too many prepared answers?
Yeah I don't think that it may be sentencing and punishment because of the specimen paper... and yes yes that's why I suspect it will be young offenders and also because both the independent and cssa trial focused on young offenders for the crime 15marker. And I think I will just die if there is anything on law reform. yuck. ;'(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)