• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Spiderman 2 (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
am i the only one that thought that it was a shit movie?

the dialogues was shocking, monologues were worse, the acting was forced, and the plot was predictable and redundant at times.... like what was the point of the neighbour's daughter...

must say the action scenes were quite good tho... especially the train chase

Yup. Movie is ass.

Plot was MORE than predictable, I was not once at any moment ever suprised in the film. A lot of shit just plain didn't make sense either.

*smh at people who think this movie is great*

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Rorix said:
Plot was MORE than predictable, I was not once at any moment ever suprised in the film. A lot of shit just plain didn't make sense either.
so...the movie was predictable, but didn't make sense at the same time? how does that work?

Rorix

HSC
The plot was predictable.

The general details of the story didn't really make sense - e.g. the fusion reactor.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
yeah but you're meant to suspend disbelief for comic book movies... the technical jargon of the fusion reactor isn't really the point of the film

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so...the movie was predictable, but didn't make sense at the same time? how does that work?
wtf are you bitching about, you said basically the same thing :confused:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
wtf are you bitching about, you said basically the same thing :confused:
i did? eh, i was probably just humouring you, as usual

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
SP2 ROCKED !!! kicked-ass over the first one, i thought. 1st one was SO bad... they've made it up though ;) can't wait for the 3rd one w00t

juggla

yes this movie did rock. and the main man himself, bruce campbell was in it. that just added like 232323232 stars to its rating. i liked the scene where they tried to cut off doc ocks tentacles. that was such a classic evil dead style scene in terms of cinematography. damn sam raimi rocks.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Rorix said:
Plot was MORE than predictable
u also have to remember it is based on a comic book, and marvel comics wont allow them to change the plot too much so it can effect the story. im not saying its gonna win the oscar for best picture, but it did entertain me for 2 hours

Fry

i finally saw this movie and i loved it!!! its truly awesome and i regret not watching it on the opening day like i did with the 1st Spiderman. this one is definitely better than the 1st. the fight scenes were incredible. it was heart-pounding and nail-biting stuff. the chemistry between MJ and PP is just a delight!! this is one of those movies i will never forget. The elevator scene was hilarious…'it sometimes rides up my crotch' hehe

one thing i must add is that i officially hate radio ads now. they spoiled the movie by giving away a very important detail of the plot so i wasn’t surprised when i saw it but i would’ve been if i didn’t know about it. best movie ive seen this year..can’t wait for the DVD!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
errr... it was ok. a bit cheesy at times. i didn't see the point of the landlord's daughter.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Everything in the movie was linked to one of the comics in some way. Though it may have been predictable, I still enjoyed watching it on the cinema screen after being a proper comic fan from the age of 11 to 15 (wasted years in terms of reading books, but eh).
I liked it how Stan Lee was in the movie, too.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Fry said:
one thing i must add is that i officially hate radio ads now. they spoiled the movie by giving away a very important detail of the plot so i wasn’t surprised when i saw it but i would’ve been if i didn’t know about it. best movie ive seen this year..can’t wait for the DVD!!
what bit was that?

bubz :D said:
errr... it was ok. a bit cheesy at times. i didn't see the point of the landlord's daughter.
maybe she was a decoy

Winston

HSC
to seduce my nuggets..... :rolleyes:

Fry

well it has to be cheesy at times, it was based on a comic book after all and it's aimed at children as well. the quiet and touching moment of both her and Peter both eating the cake could also serve as a contrast to Peter's other chaotic lifestyle as Spiderman. he is left to make a choice - either continue living this life as a normal person without a worry in the world or becoming the superhero. i thought it was quite fitting to the movie because after all the bad things that happened to Pete, this scene was just a pleasant surprise to him. the cake symbolised his desire to indulge and live for himself for once and not everyone else...he had his cake and ate it too.

i haven't read the Spidey comics but it is also possible that the landlord's daughter will play a more significant role in Spiderman 3. she may be a potential love interest for Peter, an alternative to MJ...i dunno.

Fry

Suney_J said:
what bit was that?

Spoiler - highlight to read: the part when MJ said she was getting married.

sorry i dont know how to do that highlighting thing properly.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah Spidey2 was bettr than the first 1 imo. The train sequence was pretty cool & then aftrwards how the passengers tried to defend Spidey from Doc Oc was a nice touch i thought :)

Neways i was planning to see @ Hoyts George St yestrday & the ticket guy told us there was a giant scratch on the actual film, basically meaning there was a giant line on the top-to-middle of the screen which would be cutting thru the ppls heads. wtf!?!

So we just went to Reading instead, 7ppl in the entire cinema!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Fry said:
Spoiler - highlight to read

sorry i dont know how to do that highlighting thing properly.
thats not that bad!, that part is actually in the official preview. i thought u were going to say something else

Khewit

Blam!
HSC
i hate it how every one finds out who he is at the end... well not everyone but most of the main ppl... doesn't leave much for the next movie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)