• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Spiderman 3 (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Toby has gotten better at acting, he couldn't act for shit in Spiderman 1 :D
He really couldn't have gotten any worse

bassguy

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Oh! And LOL at Sandman in the end blowing away in the wind. How fucking cheesy. Oh my god. Baby Goblin clearly needs medical attention, hurry the fuck up and whisk him off to a hospital. None of this sentimental blowing away in the wind crap
Good point, forgot that one.
Another thing I forgot:
That bit where Spiderman's swinging into the final battle, and goes in front of an American flag, and holds there for a second...
YEAH, NOW I FEEL MANLY AND PATRIOTIC-LIKE

lengy

HSC
Yeah my mate was telling me right at that moment... YOUR SUPER HAPPY FRIEND IS DYING! STOP WITH THE SENTIMENTAL BULLSHIT!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bassguy said:
Another thing I forgot:
That bit where Spiderman's swinging into the final battle, and goes in front of an American flag, and holds there for a second...
Hahahahahahaha I was just about to post that, I don't think I've laughed like that in a movie ever

J

jhakka

bassguy said:
Another thing I forgot:
Hahahahaa! I forgot about that. I LOL'd at the time. :)

lengy

HSC
I went 'OMG' *waterdroplet anime style

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh and what was up with MJ? I got confused during the movie, I might've missed something.

So Harry starts to remember everything, so he flies in and threatens MJ to do something for him. I thought there was going to be this whole "I'm leaving you Peter Parker but I'm lying to you because Harry is making me dump you". But she just did it for real. So then the threatening part with Harry & MJ made no sense. Can someone explain this to me? Or did she actually get threatened and went "meh" on trying to let Peter Parker know that she was forced to dump him?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Oh and what was up with MJ? I got confused during the movie, I might've missed something.

So Harry starts to remember everything, so he flies in and threatens MJ to do something for him. I thought there was going to be this whole "I'm leaving you Peter Parker but I'm lying to you because Harry is making me dump you". But she just did it for real. So then the threatening part with Harry & MJ made no sense. Can someone explain this to me? Or did she actually get threatened and went "meh" on trying to let Peter Parker know that she was forced to dump him?
I KNOW! that had me majorly :confused:

They could have either skipped that entirely OR actually had the rest of the story suit that event.

HSC
bubz :D said:
Watched it last night.

All i can say is... LOL @ EMO SPIDERMAN
I did end up watching it; and this sums it up. :rofl:

It was alright; but I don't think enough time was spent on the villians.

ur_inner_child said:
Parts I laughed at

• Emo Spiderman. Big emphasis on the fringe.
  • "Bad" spiderman. Fuck that was cheesy.
  • SUPER BEST FRIENDS LOL
  • The piano playing and dancing - WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING. It was really painful to watch. If Spiderman really wanted to get back at MJ, he would've taken the blonde home, fucked the shit out of her, took some photos, I mean, he's a photographer, and fucking sent it to her.
  • Random kids in the background shouting "SUPER COOL"
  • The really unclever, totally blatant cameo of Sam Lee when he says "I guess one person CAN make a difference after all". The cameo in Daredevil was fucking better, god.
  • The random holes in the plot. That servant guy that goes "I loved your father." WHO THE HELL ARE YOU. You weren't in the other movies, WHY introduce new characters so far into the plot and pretend they were always there?
  • The reappearance of Harry after the bomb in the face. He did the whole "two face" turn. It made me lol.
  • The "wasteland" and checking the "moleculer structures" of what, dirt? They just plonked that contraption there and didn't explain what the fuck.
  • His neighbour girlfriend was hilarious. I really liked her. Random appearance though.
  • The pairing of Venom and Sandman was really fucking stupid. Glaze over it why don't you.
  • Why does Sandman want to kill Spiderman in the first place? I thought he was a good guy just misunderstood? What the fuck? And then he reverts back to the "oh I didn't mean for this" rant.
Lol, I totally agree. :lol:

I didn't like the ending (or the "moral" of the story) at all. And why did MJ and Spiderman stay with Harry after he split them up, and screwed with both of them ?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
oh my god, one thing i forgot to mention, which is awesome

how BUFFED UP is the guy who plays venom? He's the scrawny kid off that 70s show!

He's kinda hawt now :eek:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Tobey Maguire and his emo fringe. :rofl:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
i think some of you guys are judging it way too critically. its a story about a mutated spider biting a dude and infecting him with super powers. how serious are you expecting the plot to be?

Exactly

Its a freakin popcorn movie. People are judging it like it was meant to win an Oscar.

I watched, and I liked. I thought it was the best movie out the series

The EMO spiderman wasnt meant to be taken seroiusly. If people are saying they were laughing at it then bingo, thats what it was there for. Its called comic relief

Also, others are saying they wanted to see more of Venom. You have to remember it takes ages to set up the character of Venom. First the suit comes from space, then takes over Spiderman, then the battle within Peter, while that is going on they also set up Brocks character.
I have no doubt they were just laying the foundation for Venom so he can return in the next series of movies. Dont think a pumpkin bomb will kill Spidermans biggest enemy. If here were to die, they have to make it more dramatic

The movie could have gone smoother without Sandman, maybe there was one villain too many, but again I feel that they're just setting him up for the next movies, but this time he'll be on Spidermans side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:

I was confused with that too

Did Harry force her to do it?

Or were we meant to think she wanted to break up with him

kloudsurfer

HSC
Jordan.J said:
I was confused with that too

Did Harry force her to do it?

Or were we meant to think she wanted to break up with him
I dont get what the confusion is. I thought that Harry told her to break up with Peter or he'll kill him. So she broke up with Peter (and I guess she used some of her true feelings to fuel the whole break up since she was pretty pissed at him anyway.)

Haha emo spiderman. That was soooo bad.

The first two were way better though. Gwen Stacy served no purpose (other than to please us comic fans!) and there was a little to much angst in it for me. Seriously, Peter was a jerk before he even got the black suit and MJ was all 'boo freakin hoo you dont understand me'.

I liked the fight between Harry and Peter at the start. And Jonah was hilarious too.

It was a good movie. Just not up to the high standard of 1 and 2.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
I dont get what the confusion is. I thought that Harry told her to break up with Peter or he'll kill him. So she broke up with Peter (and I guess she used some of her true feelings to fuel the whole break up since she was pretty pissed at him anyway.)

But he's Spiderman, why would she be worried.

At the park she couldve said, Harry is hiding behind the bushes, he forced me to break up with you, just pretend to look sad then kick his ass

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
jhakka said:
On a side note, when I was buying my ticket there was some girl behind me saying "In May there's a Fantastic 4 movie coming out, and I want to see it. Like, LITERALLY see it." I was thinking "Yeah, because I usually see films figuratively..."
Interest versus intent perhaps?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Jordan.J said:
But he's Spiderman, why would she be worried.

At the park she couldve said, Harry is hiding behind the bushes, he forced me to break up with you, just pretend to look sad then kick his ass
lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)