• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Spiderman 3 (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
black spiderman was cool.
take THAT harry!

oh and i found the movie quite enjoyable. It was everything i expected from a movie based on a comic book. It didn't try to be too real.

EDIT: i thought the funniest bit was with the newspaper editor and the pills. Lol.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i think some of you guys are judging it way too critically. its a story about a mutated spider biting a dude and infecting him with super powers. how serious are you expecting the plot to be?
I'm comparing it to the first two movies, which I thought were great.
This was trash.

hahaha and Chris, I was laughing so hard at emo fringe Peter walking down the street with his fingergun pointing at the hawt ladies.
Fingerbang! Bang bang!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah emo peter was fucking awesome

" oh man i got like emotions and shit, cause my girlfriend broke up with me"

" iam so deep, my soul is a black pool of pain. I think i will go write some poetry now"

the scene at the club was totally cool, If i was peter i would be going to clubs all the time and starting trouble, then when the bouncers try and kick you out you just demolish the place. Then he smacked that ho, and someone in the crowd said "australia says no!"
then he made that immigrant girl be his servant.\ :D

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Spiderman 2 is on tonight.
For anyone who actually thought 3 was good, just compare both and realise how bad it actually was

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
wtf @ at the amount of negative reviews!! :(

it was an awesome movie..WAY better than the first and second. Spiderman 3 actually had a plot and Toby has gotten better at acting, he couldn't act for shit in Spiderman 1 :D

also, emo spiderman was hot.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
Spiderman 3 actually had a plot.
Err so did the first and second :confused:
And it wasn't ridiculously emotional dribble either

johnnypaul

HSC
Spider-man 3 was aite, better than the second, but the first one is the best. Only thing I didnt't link about Spider-man 3 was that it had too many lame parts in it.

Bring on The Lizard and Kraven in the next film!

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:

it was an awesome movie..WAY better than the first and second. and emo spiderman was hot. Spiderman 3 actually had a plot. and toby has gotten better at acting. he couldn't act for shit in Spiderman 1 :D

no toby is still fairly shit in this one

lengy

HSC
Very very exciting movie but slow in some parts. Very very cheesy as well. Loved Venom though sorta wished there was more of him. I want Carnage!

Legham

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:

it was an awesome movie..WAY better than the first and second. Spiderman 3 actually had a plot and Toby has gotten better at acting, he couldn't act for shit in Spiderman 1 :D

also, emo spiderman was hot.
Are you kidding? Were you in at the toilet or something every time he tried to act upset?

Legham

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
KEYWORD: 'gotten better', as in he's still not a perfect actor but his acting has improved, in my fucking opinion :cool:
*watches spiderman 1 and 2 to check for terrible terrible terrible acting*

I'll get back to you with my opinion :p

Legham

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
you mean you watched spiderman 3 without watching 1 and 2??

lame :p

he doesn't even know how to fucking smile in spiderman 1
Nah, i've seen the first two a fair few times, i just have a shithouse memory, or didn't notice it in the first two :p I even rented spiderman 2 tonight so i could burn it, cause i didnt own it!

J

jhakka

I thought it was better than the first, but not as good as the second.

There was some really cheesey stuff in there, and not enough Venom, but apart from that i was impressed. They didn't say "With great power comes great responsibility" enough (or at all), though, which sucks because that was the catchphrase of the entire series.

On a side note, when I was buying my ticket there was some girl behind me saying "In May there's a Fantastic 4 movie coming out, and I want to see it. Like, LITERALLY see it." I was thinking "Yeah, because I usually see films figuratively..."

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
What
The
Fuck.

Okay, seriously though, I had a blast. I have never laughed so hard at a movie that wasn't meant to be hilarious. I'm sure it was meant to be light. But dude, I really walked into the movie with no expectations, with a very open mind.

This is not me being a snob though. The whole cinema was up in laughter all in the same bits. It was a good night just to watch this movie and laugh at it. The last fight scene was pretty epic, but the rest of it? I felt like a 10 year old.

Was it so hard to make Spiderman sexy when he was bad? What the fuck was that segment? One of the people I went with was a friend who loves loves loves comic book heroes. He has NEVER been disappointed by one of these movies. He thought the Incredible Hulk and Daredevil was awesome. There was a 99% chance he would've felt the same with this movie.

The first thing he did was say "Oh okay. Good news is, D.C. comics will rake in the money from now on, because Marvel really FUCKED UP WITH THIS MOVIE".

But me, I had a great time. What are those things that get released into your body from laughing heaps? I got that.

Doubt there will be anymore Spiderman movies.

Parts I laughed at

• Emo Spiderman. Big emphasis on the fringe.
  • "Bad" spiderman. Fuck that was cheesy.
  • SUPER BEST FRIENDS LOL
  • The piano playing and dancing - WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING. It was really painful to watch. If Spiderman really wanted to get back at MJ, he would've taken the blonde home, fucked the shit out of her, took some photos, I mean, he's a photographer, and fucking sent it to her.
  • Random kids in the background shouting "SUPER COOL"
  • The really unclever, totally blatant cameo of Sam Lee when he says "I guess one person CAN make a difference after all". The cameo in Daredevil was fucking better, god.
  • The random holes in the plot. That servant guy that goes "I loved your father." WHO THE HELL ARE YOU. You weren't in the other movies, WHY introduce new characters so far into the plot and pretend they were always there?
  • The reappearance of Harry after the bomb in the face. He did the whole "two face" turn. It made me lol.
  • The "wasteland" and checking the "moleculer structures" of what, dirt? They just plonked that contraption there and didn't explain what the fuck.
  • His neighbour girlfriend was hilarious. I really liked her. Random appearance though.
  • The pairing of Venom and Sandman was really fucking stupid. Glaze over it why don't you.
  • Why does Sandman want to kill Spiderman in the first place? I thought he was a good guy just misunderstood? What the fuck? And then he reverts back to the "oh I didn't mean for this" rant.

Think Batman with the one liners, but with cringeworthy nerdiness and severe plot holes. Epic fight scenes though. Ah fuck. I loved it, but for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

bassguy

HSC
Man, I was so ridiculously disappointed with this movie.
Because, you see, the only hero I love more than Spiderman is Batman (the dark one, not the camp one).
But then Sam 'dickhead' Raimi went and FUCKED IT THE FUCK UP
Things that made this movie crap:
  • Emo Spiderman. Great directing, dude. I especially like how he beat the crap out of the guy, then landed and adjusted his fringe. Seriously, what the hell. Evidently having a black suit = darker hair, fringe and eyeliner.
  • The pointless and cheesy role played by baby Goblin
  • Piano playing - when did Spiderman become a musician?
  • Spiderman being popular - it was much more fun when everyone hated him (i.e. in the comics)
  • The walking along the street dancing - no.
  • Venom. Venom Venom Venom. You see, Sandman should have been the support act. Venom was the headliner. But no, we get a fuckload of Sandman. (By the way, the next points will be about Venom)
  • 15 minutes of Venom. Out of 140 minutes total. FUCK.
  • Venom didn't have the tongue
  • Or the teeth
  • Or the white spider on his chest
  • 15 FUCKING MINUTES
  • And he wasn't big enough.
  • And the symbiote came off his face when he wanted to talk, which was about half the time he was onscreen
  • He didn't even throw a car
  • And he was only in the movie for 15 MINUTES
  • They didn't even have a shot of a bit of the symbiote surviving after being burned, to give me hope that there would be another movie involving Venom for more than 15 minutes.
I mean, come on. Venom is one of the ultimate Spiderman bad guys, up there with Doctor Octopus. Sandman is a major character, granted, but in the overall scheme of things he's a minor player compared to Venom. Surely Venom deserves more than 15 minutes in 3 movies.

Sandman was cool, though. His head was pretty much square, so that's good.

Nowhere near enough fighting in this movie. What little there was did prove good, though. Should have been a better balance of shit to fighting.
In conclusion, Raimi is a cunt.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh dude, Venom was fucking scary everytime he screamed.

You're right, should've given him more air time.

Oh! And LOL at Sandman in the end blowing away in the wind. How fucking cheesy. Oh my god. Baby Goblin clearly needs medical attention, hurry the fuck up and whisk him off to a hospital. None of this sentimental blowing away in the wind crap

Last edited:

lengy

HSC
There was some of the Symbiote back at the lab wasn't there? I said that to my mate that if there was a Carnage that's where they'll get it from.

Legham

HSC
ur_inner_child, the butler was in the other movies. The second one at least.. it's been too long since i've seen the first one to remember if he was in that.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
He appeared like, once in the second movie when Harry was trying to find Spiderman.
"Your father only stressed over his work" or something. Seriously, why are you there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)