Splendour in the Grass 07 (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
meh. there's nothing there that is worth the effort of getting there. i think i'll go into hospital instead. plop.

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Yeaaahhh ... $200 I think I'll pass given the acts aswell :\

What happened to the dream of arcade fire and bright eyes .. dam rumours getting my hopes up! Can see the shins playing heaps from wincing aswell ..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bright Eyes could be a chance. So could Arcade Fire. After all, this is only the first announcement.

HSC
what is wrong with you kids

sure some of the bands announced so far do indeed suck dick .. but there's more than enough sweet-ass acts to make me :D:D:D about going.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
stop whining you big sookies,

they cant charge 190 without having some big names in the 2nd announcement. plus the weekend will be that much fun regardless.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i dont know.. i mean big day out charges a ridiculous amount for the bands they get

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
it's disappointing because lately we've been getting some great acts out here that are sort of OMG really classic, awesome bands that you'll probably never see again (the stooges at bdo last year, sonic youth at splendour last year, pixies at v fest, new york dolls at v fest). this line up is ok... it just doesn't have any bands that i'd go out of my way to see (it is pretty far and there's lots of planning involved). i'd go to sideshows, just not the actual festival.

and it's not really $200 when you add on all the others expenses (travelling, accommodation, general expenses). it would end up costing at least $500, i estimate, and i'd rather spend that $500 on stuff when i go to europe at christmas.

but that's just my opinion.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
im disappointed because

a) a lot of the bands have just come out here. i want to see new people.

b) i think both bloc party, arctic monkeys and kaiser chiefs are 3 unoriginal sounding bands who are overhyped.

c) i dont have any interest for any of the australian acts i havent seen.

d) going is going to be a huge effort in terms of cost, so i want to get my moneys worth out of the bands. so far thats not it.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
e) festival wankers

seriously with all the planning, stress, $$$ and uni time spent on organising this shit id rather go to sideshows

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wont be muddy in august. usually very good weather in byron in august.

it would just be very fun as a trip all together if your with a group of friends.

also, music festivals fucking rule. and some really good bands.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
music festivals rule when you dont have the LOLOL I LUB MUSIC FESTIVALS LETS GET FUCKED people who dont go for the music, but go to get trashed off their heads. unfortunately, its rare to find a festival without these people nowadays :(

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
esp15 said:
they cant charge 190 without having some big names in the 2nd announcement.
Yeah but the thing is I wont know until its way too late to buy tickets! .. as others have mentioned its alot of money with accommodation and stuff to commit to something that may not deliver what I'm after reagarding acts

Think my expectations were just a little high after last years splendour lineup. Regretting not going to that one for years to come I think ><

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I for one, am definitely going to get drugfucked out of my mind. For shits and giggles.

At any particular rate, if there are a group of us going, we should probably organise PROPER accomodation, even if it's one shitty hotel room wiht like 199999909809283489029384 of us crammed into it.

K?

definently. fuck cant wait.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Born Dancer said:
music festivals rule when you dont have the LOLOL I LUB MUSIC FESTIVALS LETS GET FUCKED people who dont go for the music, but go to get trashed off their heads. unfortunately, its rare to find a festival without these people nowadays :(

hm blues and roots wasn't really like that. it was more laid back. though there was SO MUCH weed.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah but blues and roots is different. though it might be the byron bay dynamic. i dont know.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
get trashed when shit bands are on yo.

i was expecting more from that lineup :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)