• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sport Trivia (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie,

Tell us when we are allowed to go searching over the Internet .. I for one have no idea what the answer to this would be ..

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Shit this is broad. A clue would be nice...

I may as well have another guess while im posting. How bout the number of wickets Australia has taken in the 2005 calendar year so far?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Haha that's very doubtful.

With a possible of 40 wickets in the offing each Test match, Australia would be likely to take somewhere between 35 and 40 per match, you would think.

That gives about 6 or 7 Test matches .. and Australia have definitely played more than that in 2005.

Knowing Bookie, I'll bet that it's something which is BAD for Australia.

More like the number of wickets they've lost or the number of matches they've lost .. as opposed to wickets taken or matches won.

I dunno .. did Ricky Ponting's mind take 223 milliseconds to explode and decide to bowl in the second Test of the Ashes, thus losing us the series? :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, its for the good of Australia.

And you can go Googling for your life. The point is that this question is hard and it is unlikely you'll find it through Google.

Keep thinking outside the box.Yes pun intended again

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
With a possible of 40 wickets in the offing each Test match, Australia would be likely to take somewhere between 35 and 40 per match, you would think
Australia cant take their own wickets can they?

If they could, Ashley Giles wouldnt have taken a wicket during the Ashes, our batsmen would claim them.

DRAGONZ said:
Knowing Bookie, I'll bet that it's something which is BAD for Australia.

More like the number of wickets they've lost or the number of matches they've lost .. as opposed to wickets taken or matches won.
But you are right about this one.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Bookie said:
Oh shat, I know why none of you were getting it right. I meant [size=+2]229[/size]

Must be much easier now.
You prick. Give me a minute...

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
In ten minutes, here's the best I can find:

Strauss hit Lee for 4 in the 57th over of the Oval Test to move onto 97* (Flintoff was at the other end on 44*), England went to 4/223.

The significance of this moment was that it was the 400,000th run scored by England in Test match cricket.

There. It's significant in a way to Australia .. AND it is outside the box, because it relates to England ..

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Australia cant take their own wickets can they?

If they could, Ashley Giles wouldnt have taken a wicket during the Ashes, our batsmen would claim them.
ROFL I got pwned. That was a stupid moment .. :(

And Bookie you FAG! I even found something significant about 223 .. that was outside the box!

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
OK:

In England this year, Mike Hussey got out for the first time in a ODI. His batting average thus became 229.

In the Third Test in the Ashes, Michael Vaughan's match-turning 165 came in a partnership of 229 with Marcus Trescothick.

Here's another interesting one:

"In an anecdote which illustrates the difference in attitude between the two Waugh twins Ken told us that when the NSW skipper Geoff Lawson declared at 4/601 after the Waugh brothers had broken every Australian partnership record in the book with a fifth wicket partnership of 464* in their match against Western Australia in Perth during the 1990-91 season, Mark Waugh is said to have been very pleased and quite happy to rest on his laurels - after all, he was 229* at the declaration . His twin brother Stephen, on the other hand, who was 216* when the skipper pulled the plug on their act, is said to have been furious with Lawson for declaring, expressing the view that they could have made 1000 runs out there, such was their mastery over the pitch and the bowlers who were pitted against them on the day. Incidentally, those WA bowlers included Alderman, Reid, Matthews, Moody and MacLeay, all of whom had long and successful careers in their own right."

So that would be Mark Waugh scoring 229* in the biggest fifth wicket partnership in Australian history. It is also Mark Waugh's highest ever first-class score, I think.

I give up ...

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Bookie said:
Yes it can include high scores and it can include womens cricket, but dont get put onto the wrong track though -could just be the number of catches taken by Haels.
Heals took 195 catches and 39 stumpings for 234 dismissals (thank you Guiness World Records, knew I read it somewhere)

I think Belinda Clarke made 229 as womens highest score ever.

I also think Slats made 229 against Sri Lanka at the SCG in 1995- it was either 229 or 219, cant remember, it was his highest score, the legend. i remember it fondly, but obviously not fondly enough, if i cant tell you the exact score

And I though Mark Waugh's highest test score was 140... i dont think he got a test double ton

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Oh, I give up for a bit. I need to start me study, you've had me procrastinating for a couple of hours, feel proud of yourselves

Random_87

HSC
N/A
How do you find that crap out? I guess i just couldnt be bothered to google any of that cricket stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)