• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sport Trivia (1 Viewer)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
And I though Mark Waugh's highest test score was 140... i dont think he got a test double ton
Note that I said "highest ever first-class score". He made the 229* for NSW against WA at the SCG in an unbeaten 464-run partnership with Steve (who got 216*).

But anyway, come back already! You're correct (and now that Bookie says it's so, I clearly remember that Belinda Clarke scored 229 .. damn).

I even had my very own question ready in case I got it right :(

But it can wait until the time I get a question right .. unless some Australian site decides to tell the world the answer to my question before I even get to ask it.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I'm half Irish half Scottish, but still an Australian. Celtic was founded by the Irish in Glasgow, so you're not totally wrong. I'll go with another cricket question:

Which nation bowled the most extras in an ODI and how many were bowled?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
btw, Belinda Clarke's highest score was a Johnnie Walker trivia question, and i sorta remembered it from last year. (The question didnt mention that it was womens cricket, or something of the like, and I guessed Michael Slater- I did the same thing with this

Bookie said:
Yes it can include high scores and it can include womens cricket, but dont get put onto the wrong track though -could just be the number of catches taken by Haels.
The only person trying to put me off track was you!

DRAGONZ said:
Note that I said "highest ever first-class score". He made the 229* for NSW against WA at the SCG in an unbeaten 464-run partnership with Steve (who got 216*).
Sorry. I read your post at pace.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Which nation bowled the most extras in an ODI and how many were bowled?
The nation of Simon Harmesan against Australia when they last came down here?

Referring to the 223 question, it wasn't the record partnership between Langer and Gillie at Bellrevue was it?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hmm, bjbhoy, it seems that your question can be easily googled, but I wont do so for now.

I'll go Windies sometime in the late 90s.

Or Steve Harmison for an individual effort.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Hehe .. chances are it's a crap team ..

So who are the crap teams? Namibia, Kenya, Holland, Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Bangladesh .. who else? UAE?

LOL .. I've got no idea which of them would have done it, so I'll take a stab.

Considering your ancestry, I'll go with Scotland, because they make the World Cup and get hammered pretty regularly there.

And if I have to guess at how many .. well, I guess it's within the realms of possibility to give away one extra per over ..

So my guess is SCOTLAND and 50 extras.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
The nation of Simon Harmesan against Australia when they last came down here?

Referring to the 223 question, it wasn't the record partnership between Langer and Gillie at Bellrevue was it?
Hahaha! Harmison bowled something like a 14-ball over at the Gabba that day .. and the rest of his series was shot.

The question was actually changed to 229 when Bookie remembered he had the wrong number .. 223 could very well be the partnership between Langer and Gilchrist .. they both made decent centuries, at least.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
DRAGONZ said:
The question was actually changed to 229 when Bookie remembered he had the wrong number .. 223 could very well be the partnership between Langer and Gilchrist .. they both made decent centuries, at least.
I was taking a wild punt. I'll have another guess. Maybe it was the oppositions score when Warnie got his 500th wicket in test cricket?

This is an interesting topic.

We need more of this shit to keep us entertain.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
DRAGONZ said:
So my guess is SCOTLAND and 50 extras.

No, its a test playing team. Your number is in the ballpark. I dont want to say any more, i might have given away too much.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
SHIT! Sorry, Scotland WAS one of the answers. There are two nations that got the most. There is another one. Scotland and the other nation bowled them to Pakistan. It was over 50.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
F1 question:

Why did Niki Lauda retire from the last race (at Fuji) of the 1976 World Championship?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
No.

I put "F1 question" at the top so I wouldn't intrude on your Rugby League question.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
It was wet and it did contribute to him retiring but it wasn't the sole reason for it. In fact, there is a much more important reason behind it. And yes, James Hunt won the championship.

So, anyone know why Lauda retired?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
It has a lot to do with the crash at Nurburgring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)