Sports Med wtf (1 Viewer)

whatafeeling

HSC
Ok so the exam was pretty good except the 12 marker for sports med! How is talking about “ethical considerations” worth 12 marks?

And how was the exam overall for everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
You could talk about how athletes feel pressured to participate, as they feel they're letting their fans/family down. You also talk about the use of painkillers as they want to mask the pain of injury and want to return to play immediately.

Robrules3

HSC
Ethical considerations/policy procedures is quite a standard 12 marker

whatafeeling

HSC
You could talk about how athletes feel pressured to participate, as they feel they're letting their fans/family down. You also talk about the use of painkillers as they want to mask the pain of injury and want to return to play immediately.
I did talk about that but I felt like it was not enough, since it’s 12 marks and I only talked about 2 point (pressure and painkillers) with examples. But ehh

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Since it was about return to play policies, i decided to also include Indicators of readiness, Monitoring progress, Psychological readiness, Specific warm up and cool down and also Return to play policies of different sports such as boxing

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I did talk about that but I felt like it was not enough, since it’s 12 marks and I only talked about 2 point (pressure and painkillers) with examples. But ehh

Well you might be okay depending on how the rest of the state went.

Robrules3

HSC
I basically tried to do 3 big paras, external pressure, internal pressure and use of painkillers. Within those I mentioned how policies and procedures address these to ensure athletes aren't being put onto the field before they are ready. I don't think you needed to talk about all the other parts of the dot points as the question was only specifying 'Return to Play Policies and Procedures' and 'Ethical considerations', but I tried incorporate the others in just to be safe. So as long as you expanded on your two points by talking about how policies address them I'm sure you'll do fine.

Last edited:

whatafeeling

HSC
I basically tried to do 3 big paras, external pressure, internal pressure and use of painkillers. Within those I mentioned how policies and procedures address these to ensure athletes aren't being put onto the field before they are ready. I don't think you needed to talk about all the other parts of the dot points as the question was only specifying 'Return to Play Policies and Procedures' and 'Ethical considerations', but I tried incorporate the others in just to be safe. So as long as you expanded on your two points by talking about how policies address them I'm sure you'll do fine.
That’s what I was thinking. Since they only mentioned ethical considerations in regards to policies, I didn’t want to talk about the other dot points cause they seemed irrelevant. Hopefully I did expand enough on my points, I think my examples were pretty ok too.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)