• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SRC elections. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
that is true.

But usyd has differentiated degrees to such an extent that it is ridiculous.

Back to the good ol' Oxford BA for every course I say!
UQ sticks in politics science into the faculty of 'social and behavioural sciences'!

UNSW Politics and international relations is in the Arts faculty

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
erawamai said:
I know, its just not very traditional. Most politics schools exist inside the humanities/arts faculties in most unis.
Personally, I think the study of poloitics in a modern context is far more realated to economics than it is to history or philosophy or literature (I am not endorsing this, I am a deciple of Cicero - historia magistra vitae and all that).

And bear in mind too that the structure of the University of Sydney is not based on faculties but actually on Colleges and Arts and Economics & Business are all part of the one college - the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.

walrusbear

HSC
wikiwiki said:
It's pretty simple: usyd arts degrees are worthless and it was impacting on government majors.
care to qualify that?

walrusbear

HSC
wikiwiki said:
I already gave ManlyChief hugs and kisses....

you too?

It was a joke!
ok sorry :p

i overreacted but i'm sick of people saying shit like that - often sincerely

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
They say worse things about students who do Music. Like "What use is a music degree", "music students know nothing" and "What would a music student know about running the SRC?"

ManlyChief

HSC
Dearest Phanatical - what, pray, instrument do you play?

Please say it's the LUTE

I am dying to meet a Con lute player - you folks have a Lute Soc up there don't you?

You do BA/B Music Studies? - poor dear, you must get all the commerce drones and other assorted plastics on campus piling the 'employment prospects' shit on you. Here's a hug and an itty bitty kiss for you ox :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Lute isn't a popular instrument at the Con, but it is studied at our Arts Music unit. And more than once, my leadership credentials have been challenged by wankers who think their fancy schmancy degrees make them better than me.

I don't think I'm going to marry a country.

ManlyChief

HSC
wikiwiki said:
What will poor phanatical do?

Prayhaps he could marry China?

I bet you could get sponsorship and an American tv deal for being the first person to marry a nation-state.
Yesterday USyd SRC.
Today China.
Tomorrow the world :)

Hey, I'd pay to see that. :)

But seriously - I think Rose Jackson would make such a better bride (she smart, determined and your mum-in-law would be liz jackson!)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ManlyChief said:
But seriously - I think Rose Jackson would make such a better bride (she smart, determined and your mum-in-law would be liz jackson!)
Any future beau of Rose is destined to be a househusband.

ManlyChief

HSC
Techie said:
ManlyChief is the new Quah.

This is such a suprise - I totally didn't think I'd win! I'd like to thank, most of all, Techie for nominating me, USyd SRC election campaigns for giving me the opportunity to meet such ... such seriously wonderful people like Mr Quah in whose honour this award has been instituted and, how could I forget, my darling Rose - this is for us, honey muffin! this is for all those days I sat slowly getting boozy in Manning bar watching you down in the forecourt handing out flyers and painting those cute NO VSU posters.

And most of all, I would like to thank my spiritual guide on this journey - yes I know it's cliched - byt thank you Kangaroo, thank you for showing me God really does exist just to punish us for the sins of our fathers and grandfathers. I couldn't have done this without you.

jpr333

HSC
So Rose is one of those idealistic law gimps, makes sense i guess. I just assumed she was one of those out of touch reality/doesn't really have a grasp of how the world works arts students (each of which make great candidates but pretty much summarise student politics). She's ok looking, not the hottest honey around.

walrusbear

HSC
jpr333 said:
So Rose is one of those idealistic law gimps, makes sense i guess. I just assumed she was one of those out of touch reality/doesn't really have a grasp of how the world works arts students (each of which make great candidates but pretty much summarise student politics). She's ok looking, not the hottest honey around.
idealism is underrated

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
They finished counting the SRC ballots today. The number of positions the various groups got on council:

Labor Left - 16
Keep Left - 9
Spark - 6
The Greens - 5
Go! - 3
Liberals - 3
Others - 3 (Avant Garde, Aardvark, Handsoc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)