• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sri Lanka cricketers wounded in shooting (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
To hell with them, UN can grant asylum to civilians who so desire it but the Taliban and other Pakistani militia's can be blown to bits. If the civilians want to stand by the Taliban so be it they can pay the price, people like Imran Khan have moved hell and high water to try and help Pakistan get a little breathing space and then sick, insane, whacko's do something like this and the peacemakers like Imran are held accountable for trying to do the nice thing. I watched Imran on Denton a few months ago he said "Terrorists will not attack cricketers, they are loved by the civilians and will only lose them supporters." What the hell is he supposed to turn round and say now?

banco55

HSC
I like how they are saying that this attack on cricketers really crosses the line. You would think the line would have been crossed when a leading candidate for president was shot dead, or how about when the central government lost control of a large proportion of the country to a bunch of savages. Worthless shithole. Oh and fuck taking in any refugees from that hellhole. Let them stay and fix it.

greekgun

HSC
Its would b pretty hard to stop a terrorist if they really wanted to cause harm.

banco55

HSC
Its would b pretty hard to stop a terrorist if they really wanted to cause harm.
Yeah maybe so but these savages enjoy substantial public support in Pakistan. How do you think they got control of large swathes of Pakistan?

HSC
N/A
LOL AT PAKISTAN.

i was in Lahore lasts year, its pretty good city, a bit shocked,.....but it is Pakistan. i wouldn't be surprised if RAW had a hand in this.

HSC
I believe the countrys practices are simply not tolerable and understandable in the western world... just think how lucky we are to live in Australia.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
I like how they are saying that this attack on cricketers really crosses the line. You would think the line would have been crossed when a leading candidate for president was shot dead, or how about when the central government lost control of a large proportion of the country to a bunch of savages. Worthless shithole. Oh and fuck taking in any refugees from that hellhole. Let them stay and fix it.
Well, in a way, this is the first time in a while that many Australians will have ever have been actually affected by a terrorist act, in that we all love the cricket. Now what would have been an enjoyable cricket match has been canceled - time to get angry =_=

Lentern

HSC
Bad as Bhutto's death was, she was a rival, she was opposition. I don't know how much you know about the cricketing world but the rest of the world had been shunning Pakistan for years now, these cricketers went over attempting to preserve for many Pakistani's something they value more than Islam, than electricity or employment. At the last world cup there was talk of selling kidneys to buy a ticket to the final and nonsense like that, Pakistani judges and politicians were debating whether or not Pakistan should participate in matches involving renegade Australian umpire Daryl Hair. You can on some level accept there might have been some noble intent involved in Musharaf's coup and the assassination of Bhutto, there really can be none here. I have long since been concerned about Pakistan and the tolerance they get, for the large part it was Imran Khan's articulate, cogent, desperate pleas. This tragedy however blows much of Khan's arguements out of the water.

If the west denies them asylum than millions of admirable, noble Pakistani people will have this extremism thrust upon them, most will inevitably succumb to it, those who don't will die. Instead of a nation spoilt by an extreme minority, it will become a large, powerful extreme nation suppressing a moderate minority. Christ says those who wish to leave what they have and join him should be welcomed, I think the same principle should be applied to nationality.

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
Last week the opposition, which controlled this states govt was removed. This is most likely related to that. I would rank possibilities to this.

1.RAW
2. Pakistani govt
3. terrorist.

banco55

HSC
Last week the opposition, which controlled this states govt was removed. This is most likely related to that. I would rank possibilities to this.

1.RAW
2. Pakistani govt
3. terrorist.
Is there a clear line between those 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)