St George Girls High enrolments (1 Viewer)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
anyone know anything about St George Girls High enrolments? Apparantely it says to include a school stamp on your school reports, but if the school doesn't stamp it, then will they still accept your application?

I have a few other questions to ask:

1) Does St George Girls High force you to do some HSC subjects or can you choose freely?
2) How many units can you do in Year 11?
3) Is the school worth applying for?

NEED HELP QUICK

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
As long as you are doing okay at English I doubt they would make you do Standard.

Yes apply. They are a awesome school. A dux has recieved a UAI of 100 :)

Dont enrollments close of the 31st of July?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
As long as you are doing okay at English I doubt they would make you do Standard.

Yes apply. They are a awesome school. A dux has recieved a UAI of 100 :)

Dont enrollments close of the 31st of July?
That would explain her urgency

HSC
nerdsforever said:
Good. So, they force you to take Standard English?
14 units. Okay. Thats good.
every school will 'force' you to take at least standard english..lol
you have to

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
lol I wont go if they make me do standard English. But the question about school stamp. If I cant get my school's stamp, will they still accept my application?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
nerdsforever said:
lol I wont go if they make me do standard English. But the question about school stamp. If I cant get my school's stamp, will they still accept my application?
Probably not because they want to clarify the authencity of your documents. What I suggest you doing is going to your school office on Monday morning and get the thing stamped!

rolror88

HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
But.. it's necessary to do at least 2 units of English.. I don't understand, Unless you want to do Advanced English?

HSC
or extension 1

if u dont do standard or advanced..then goodbye hsc ?

the school would force you anyway..

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
rolror88 said:
But.. it's necessary to do at least 2 units of English.. I don't understand, Unless you want to do Advanced English?
Yeah I believe NerdsForever wants to do Advanced English but her current school is making her do Standard.
Monday still gives you a few days to get it in before the 31st!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
anyone know anything about St George Girls High enrolments? Apparantely it says to include a school stamp on your school reports, but if the school doesn't stamp it, then will they still accept your application?

I have a few other questions to ask:

1) Does St George Girls High force you to do some HSC subjects or can you choose freely?
2) How many units can you do in Year 11?
3) Is the school worth applying for?

NEED HELP QUICK
That's an awesome school and it's hard to get in. I think they will make you do English (Advanced) considering that school is highly ranked in HSC.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
okay thank you everyone. I'll get the damn thing signed right away!

lol I want to do Advanced English, because some courses at uni have a prerequisite to do Advanced not Standard. e.g. the english related ones.

The reason I want to apply is because my school is not letting me do Biology, forcing me to do Standard English, forcing me to take Studies of Religion and only allowing me to take 12 units next year PLUS no changing courses next year.

e.g. say if you want to drop 3 unit maths in the first four weeks next year because you find it hard and you cant cope, my school wont let you do that

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
nerdsforever said:
okay thank you everyone. I'll get the damn thing signed right away!

lol I want to do Advanced English, because some courses at uni have a prerequisite to do Advanced not Standard. e.g. the english related ones.

The reason I want to apply is because my school is not letting me do Biology, forcing me to do Standard English, forcing me to take Studies of Religion and only allowing me to take 12 units next year PLUS no changing courses next year.

e.g. say if you want to drop 3 unit maths in the first four weeks next year because you find it hard and you cant cope, my school wont let you do that
No offense but your school sounds anal. Move schools if you can. Even better if you can move to St Georges Girls!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
No offense but your school sounds anal. Move schools if you can. Even better if you can move to St Georges Girls!
Yes. It's the first time I hated my school so much!!!!! And its stupid that only one exam determines whether you can do science. I mean, what if you stuffed up that test!!!???!!!
There's these people in the grade that got 90% + in the science exam, but they weren't allowed to do science because they didnt achieve 80+ in the maths exam.

If anyone has a school that does this, I urge you to change schools now!!!!!!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Yes. It's the first time I hated my school so much!!!!! And its stupid that only one exam determines whether you can do science. I mean, what if you stuffed up that test!!!???!!!
There's these people in the grade that got 90% + in the science exam, but they weren't allowed to do science because they didnt achieve 80+ in the maths exam.

If anyone has a school that does this, I urge you to change schools now!!!!!!
I don't think you should be changing schools after Year 10.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
dux&src said:
OMG i can't believe i applied for this school now!! :vcross:

and worst of all, i only applied to your schooll! :angry:

I knew i should have listened to you! damn it
At least it's not Sefton.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
dux&src said:
OMG i can't believe i applied for this school now!! :vcross:

and worst of all, i only applied to your schooll! :angry:

I knew i should have listened to you! damn it
What school does she go to?.. You still can apply for another one... The dates close 31st.. But not sure about what you're gonna write on the bit on the form which asks you to rank the order of preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)