standar english and general maths (1 Viewer)

seerat

HSC
N/A
hi
can people who did standard english and general maths please post up their atar an hsc marrks
please
thanks

ConorDevaney

HSC
guy at my school (84th 2013) got an atar of 98.00 with standard english, general maths, business studies, pdhpe, sor 1, legal studies and biology

seerat

HSC
N/A
Re: standard english and general maths

guy at my school (84th 2013) got an atar of 98.00 with standard english, general maths, business studies, pdhpe, sor 1, legal studies and biology
do u know his ranks by any chance

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
hi
can people who did standard english and general maths please post up their atar an hsc marrks
please
thanks
Doing well at standard and general is generally better than doing a mediocre job in advanced. [/thread]

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
uhhh no it isn't - unless you are in a really competitive year.

getting 95+ in general is better than getting 55-60 in advanced and I would argue that you could manage a 95 in general on a level of effort that would get you a 60 in advanced.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
uhhh no it isn't - unless you are in a really competitive year.

getting 95+ in general is better than getting 55-60 in advanced and I would argue that you could manage a 95 in general on a level of effort that would get you a 60 in advanced.
People dont get 95+ that easily. Its not that they dont know the content, its the mistakes that bring them down.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
People dont get 95+ that easily. Its not that they dont know the content, its the mistakes that bring them down.
This ^^

I did general. The content is no where near hard, most people don't find it difficult and nor is it meant to be. The manner in which the bos spreads the state is through the application of the content and the tricky nature of the questions.

I got 94 and i can honestly say that people who got 85 knew the content just as well as me. The reason why i went significantly better mark wise was my effectiveness in reducing the inevitable errors that occur in general. This is really evident in the internals where people would ace one exam but get 80s for the next, a few errors can destroy all hope of 90 + in general.

Just for some perspective, 85 raw is needed for a band 6 in general.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
This ^^

I did general. The content is no where near hard, most people don't find it difficult and nor is it meant to be. The manner in which the bos spreads the state is through the application of the content and the tricky nature of the questions.

I got 94 and i can honestly say that people who got 85 knew the content just as well as me. The reason why i went significantly better mark wise was my effectiveness in reducing the inevitable errors that occur in general. This is really evident in the internals where people would ace one exam but get 80s for the next, a few errors can destroy all hope of 90 + in general.

Just for some perspective, 85 raw is needed for a band 6 in general.
I get all of this but at the same time you have to be honest with yourself about whether you plan on putting enough work into maths, I kind of wish I had taken general and spent the huge amount of time that would have freed up on other subjects - and even with scaling and what not i would have had a better performance in general. I think it is a case by case basis and you need to factor in the likely performance of your class as a whole, although, I do think too many people are too quick to write off general maths as a legitimate choice because of over-emphasised scaling fears. If you are wanting a more modest ATAR of something like 85 or so, in many circumstance i legitimately feel that general can be the better choice.

seerat

HSC
N/A
I get all of this but at the same time you have to be honest with yourself about whether you plan on putting enough work into maths, I kind of wish I had taken general and spent the huge amount of time that would have freed up on other subjects - and even with scaling and what not i would have had a better performance in general. I think it is a case by case basis and you need to factor in the likely performance of your class as a whole, although, I do think too many people are too quick to write off general maths as a legitimate choice because of over-emphasised scaling fears. If you are wanting a more modest ATAR of something like 85 or so, in many circumstance i legitimately feel that general can be the better choice.
i want an atar of anywhere above 88, and i think, general is my strongest subject right now. my marks in general ranges from 85% to 100%, and i am ranked 4/59 and around 4-5 people in our school each year get above 90 for their HSC mark. if i maintain my marks, do u think i have a good chance of getting a band 6 for general?

seerat

HSC
N/A
and speaking for standard english my school has atleast 1 or 2 state ranks each year and aroung 6 people get a band 6 and 35% people got a band 5 or above last year. i am gonna aim for a band 6 then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)