standard to advanced, still possible? (1 Viewer)

dtmliao

HSC
Hello everyone,

I am a standard student and I really want to be given a chance to do advanced. My rank is 28 out of ninety something, based on the essay task before the half-yearlies (haven't got my mark yet for that). Maybe some you guys have seen this happen before idk but do I still have a chance I dicuss this to my school or too late

Frostguard

HSC
It depends on your school, but I’m pretty sure it’s too late, we’re heading into our last few weeks of term 2 of year 12, the biggest factor in telling hoe you late you are is if both Advanced and Standard have gone through their different modules eg adv in my school have done Mod A and AOS and both levels cannot drop or rise (mind you it’s extremely hard to go back up anyway because you gotta demonstrate effort and ability in English) and you cannot afford to learn a whole new Module because you’ve missed out on so much analysis and assessable content, imo I think it’s too late but hopefully others will reply and tell you their opinions too!!!!

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone,

I am a standard student and I really want to be given a chance to do advanced. My rank is 28 out of ninety something, based on the essay task before the half-yearlies (haven't got my mark yet for that). Maybe some you guys have seen this happen before idk but do I still have a chance I dicuss this to my school or too late
Too late, unless advanced hasnt started on the modules which is highly unlikely

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
If you haven't started Modules, then you could move.

However, during this time, almost all schools would have started their Modules.

Talk with the English HOD and see how it goes.

dtmliao

HSC
Thanks guys for replying. The essay task before the half yearlies I mentioned was on Mod B

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I suspect it is too late but it never hurts to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)