Starcraft 2 RELEASE! (1 Viewer)

xMaFF

HSC
Aww... I was really hoping for it to come out before Christmas this year.
Oh well.

You know those hardcore fans who camp outside the store the night before the day of release hoping to get their hands on a copy of the game before anyone else does?

-That's gunna be me. :cool: Awww yeeah. SCII FTW :)
(Haha, not really........................)

TERMINATOR-HX

Coming back from the future....to kill you!
HSC
They've said heaps of times that they'll release it "when it's ready", and I know it sucks to have to wait till next year, but there's a bright side to that.

It means that when it does release it won't be riddled with bugs and glitches, and you're not going to be relying on patches and fixes to get a decent experience out of the game.

BTW what is you guys' opinion on Blizzard's call to turn Starcraft II into 3 separate games (for each of the 3 races' SP modes).

pman

Banned
HSC
its gonna make them a lot of money, can u play non-campaign as the other races tho

Hikari Clover

HSC
any games produced by Blizzard, the REAL release date is always 2 or 3 years later than the original release date they fisrt announce

Last edited:

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
its gonna make them a lot of money, can u play non-campaign as the other races tho
From what I understand, you'll be able to play as all three races in MP on all three games, but each game has a SP campaign dedicated to one race: Wings of Liberty (Terran), Heart of the Swarm (Zerg) and Legacy of the Void (Protoss)

For the sake of the games' storyline the 3 games will be released in that order.

Hikari, I agree with you, Blizzard takes its sweet time with its games, but they're all the better when they are released. Besides, isn't it better to release a game when it's truly ready for the player rather than releasing a half-complete, bug-ridden game just for the sake of meeting a release date.

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC
Hikari, I agree with you, Blizzard takes its sweet time with its games, but they're all the better when they are released. Besides, isn't it better to release a game when it's truly ready for the player rather than releasing a half-complete, bug-ridden game just for the sake of meeting a release date.

yeh you are right.
but they shouldn't have announced the fake release date and than kept delaying it for the following 2 years.i am tired of waiting

im pretty sure 6 months later(Feb 2010),Blizzard , once again tells u that "SEE YOU CHRISTMAS---2010"

Last edited:

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
yeh you are right.
but they shouldn't have announced the fake release date and than kept delaying it for the following 2 years.i am tired of waiting

im pretty sure 6 months later(Feb 2010),Blizzard , once again tells u that "SEE YOU CHRISTMAS---2010"
Wouldn't surprise me, but the way I see it it's just a way for Blizzard to keep the public interested in the game until it releases.
Simple process really: they announce a release date to generate the interest, then make more announcements after that to keep the people talking until the game is good and ready to go.
It's a pain in the ass, but Blizzard has a good enough track record by now that they can get away with it. Besides, nothing's perfect; Blizzard makes excellent games, it needs to do something wrong, doesn't it?

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
You'd think after all these cases of Blizzard delaying the releases of its games that people would be used to it by now.

But the developers said they'd release the game "when it's ready". They're still using the alpha builds of the game which means the final game is still some ways off, so it doesn't surprise me that they've pulled the release date back.

At any rate, I'd rather wait for the finished product rather than get a half-finished, bug-ridden product now....might as well give Blizzard time to do their work, and pray that we can play Starcraft II before 2011!

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
you'd think after all these cases of blizzard delaying the releases of its games that people would be used to it by now.

But the developers said they'd release the game "when it's ready". They're still using the alpha builds of the game which means the final game is still some ways off, so it doesn't surprise me that they've pulled the release date back.

At any rate, i'd rather wait for the finished product rather than get a half-finished, bug-ridden product now....might as well give blizzard time to do their work, and pray that we can play starcraft ii before 2011!
pray!!!

HalcyonSky

HSC
uh they never had any official release date, and pretty much every single one of their games had a delayed release, + the beta isnt even out yet

why the fuck is anyone acting surprised

badquinton304

HSC
I cant wait to try the new muta with less build time now so muta maddness can happen quicker. I dont know why they took dragoons away..

TERMINATOR-HX

HSC
I cant wait to try the new muta with less build time now so muta maddness can happen quicker. I dont know why they took dragoons away..
They didn't take dragoons away entirely, they replaced them with these things called Stalkers; seen 'em in action on the battle reports, they look different but their role is almost exactly the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)