started writing yet?? (1 Viewer)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
i am freaking out at the fact that i have to start writing now and i was wondering what stage everyone else is at?'

has anyone finished?
has anyone not started?

personally my first chapter is due on friday and im no where near ready :(

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I have finished and it feeling fan-freaking-tastic.

The best tip I could give to you is just to start writing!! I know if you're like me you will think what your writing is crap but just write whatever because the longer you put it off the harder it will be, because you will build it up as this major thing when really its not so bad.

Some tips for writings
1- Integrate all your methodologies throughout your work instead of focusing one chapter on each methodology

2-Course concepts rock!! Keep all the ones that relate to your PIP in your mind because it sounds so much better then just using a more englishy word. You really sound like a SAC student.

3- Remember to constantly show the fact that your work is cross-cultural by making it evident that you are working outside your general sphere of knowledge.

4- Just have fun writing because now that i'm done I wish i had more to do because when you write it reminds you of why you picked SAC and this topic for you PIP.

Good luck!
Don't stress!!

Kulazzi

HSC
ok, that didn't really make me happy apart from the tips you gave out, thanx anyways :)

I'm same as you white spazzy, I just posted my methodology handed some out h/e I have not yet started to collate them and I am nowhere near starting my first chapter yet, so you're not alone.

Just a reminder:

PIPs should be completed by 31st July and handed in on the 1st of August.

Freaky eh? Only.....3 months.....and ti doesn't sound like much :eek:

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
great....

Well u know me White_Spazzy on the same boat as you, except i can't be bothered to get off my arse and actually do the work i'm supposed to do!! :-( I just had a free for Drama because my teacher wasn't here, then i have a free now because i don't do Maths and THEN recess - Argh!! I wish i had brought my PIP stuff with me to school because do you realise how much work i could be doing right at this very moment?? I haven't even started writing my first chapter yet but it's due in 2 days, i think i'm going to start writing this afternoon when i get home instead of hanging around my boyfriend!!

I just got all the exam dates and the major work due dates on the internet and wrote them down in my school diary to FREAK MYSELF OUT!! Right now i feel like i've barely started anything and there's just so little time!! SO LITTLE TIME!! I think i'll use this period to find the principal and ask him if i can use the schools editing system - something i've been meaning to do for some time now. Seeing all those due dates on the internet has really freaked me into getting all my work done on time so that's exactly what i'm going to do!!

sevenpuddings

HSC
right now im working on all the chapters together! i have to agree, just getting down to writing it is the best feeling, and i feel so much easier than all the research and analysing of the results and stuff. its all there, now i just need it to come together.

however we only have to the end of term to write ours, teachers are pulling our due date right forward, kinda unfair, but good at the same time, at least it'll be over before the holidays

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
sevenpuddings said:
right now im working on all the chapters together! i have to agree, just getting down to writing it is the best feeling, and i feel so much easier than all the research and analysing of the results and stuff. its all there, now i just need it to come together.

however we only have to the end of term to write ours, teachers are pulling our due date right forward, kinda unfair, but good at the same time, at least it'll be over before the holidays
Yeah it's good to get into the holidays and not worry about the PIP - that's what i want to do - i think our teacher is going to collect the whole PIP and mark it over the holidays so yay!!:)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
i have written 1562 words and have integrated all of my research so far so i am "as happy as larry"...can't wait to hand it in and feel that weight just come off my shoulders...and then the HSC comes hurtling around the corner...piro, spazz don't freak - 3 months is longer than you think and Beckett is always there to help if u get my subtle drift...

hello soulshine by the way...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Comin from someone that did it last year, don't freak out 2 much if u havent written alot now, uve got till like August. Just make sure that u have all research done and started analysiing/seeing patterns and trends. After u figure it all out, writing will be a sinch, trust me. Don't write and analyse it at the same time - it will take u soooooo much longer.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Extra tip - if low on words, throw in a personal reflection, it takes us space and shows that u have reflected on past experiences.

ace*

ahhhhh...nope, i haven't even begun to start writing yet... i've just realised how all my major works are due at the end of term-ish .... which means .. 2drama, 1 ext 2 eng... 4 music and 3dance..... plus my sac pip.. sigh... wat a huge term itis gonna be.!!!... i'm sooo glad that i'm not alone in the whole.. 'not started yet' club... but i am sooooooooooooo jealous of u all that have finished... not fair... don't u have lives?.... lol.... i just don't understand where u get the time?????????

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
well i wrote my first chapter today...1039 words down so thats like 1/5th of my central material!! yay im on my way! :)
i agree i feel much better after writing although i think it's shit. lol

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah just get some shit down and re read it

winicat

HSC
one of our first tasks was to create all of our chapter headings. this was so when we found stuff for our research, we could just easily slip it under that heading.

also, don't forget you can refer to yourself (ie write in the first person) during the PIP. this means you can state your research, add in the primary methodology, and then slip in a bit of personal reflection. that's three bits in one big bit.

also, can't remember who said they wished they had their gear at school but you'll be suprised how much you can remember just sitting there and can just dribble out in a few hundred words. my drafts are always messy like that but later you go in and fill in the research, edit it up a bit, and you didn't waste that 2 hour break you had sitting in the library wishing you had your work with you.

jack white

After Hours
HSC
yes soulshine it is kurt, jack white is just my lame pseudonym! well i am now at 2259 words but i am sensing that i am relying on some methodolgies and not the others so i'll have to fix that up a little. other than that i am flyin. ok, enough SAC talk time to have the mother's day barbecue....

jess6988

HSC
im so glad

i thought that i was the only one that had not started writing but i only have 3 weeks do write my whole PIP, because our teachers are going to edit ours for us and everything to make sure that they are perfect for when we hand them in.

i was wondering if any one had sort of step by step of how to structure the PIP, becasue im not to sure

Like third person or 1st person, do i need chapters, im so confused with it all.
i have heaps of info, too much 2ndary info actaully. HELP PLEASE:(

stephywilecat

HSC
I have barely started writing. It feels terrible. I've got a 'guide to writing the pip' right next to me, and now I feel as though my secondry research is of no use. I love my topic, but still, I'm not so much stressed, just very confused and... there is no word to describe how If eel right now.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Don't stress. Every journey begins with one step.

When I was starting I found little things like naming all my chapter etc just helped so much.

Just break it up into bits. I had 5 chapters and I just thought of it as 5 1000 word essays which was much less intimidating then 5000 words.

Good Luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)