STAT Exam in May (2 Viewers)

5233andy

HSC
I had difficulty interpreting the question about the doctor and the patient...

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
I had difficulty interpreting the question about the doctor and the patient...
lol is that sarcasm?

I also attended the 12:30 session at Birrong. I couldn't help but notice that the test booklet said 2009-2010. So does this mean the test won't change for those doing it in December?

5233andy

HSC
lol is that sarcasm?

I also attended the 12:30 session at Birrong. I couldn't help but notice that the test booklet said 2009-2010. So does this mean the test won't change for those doing it in December?
:mad1:No, seriously! I think I had put (A) as the answer, something about lateness being subversive or something along the lines of that.

But all in all, I'm not gonna jinx myself, but the articles were definitely interesting reads and most of the analytical questions were fine. Needless to say, I'm gonna fail... like I do with any form of multiple choice based tests.

5233andy

HSC
By the way, I found it intimidating that many individuals fled the test centre 0.5 ~ 1 hour before the end of the exam...

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
That test was harder than the practice one arg.
Really? I was thinking the converse :haha:

5233andy said:
No, seriously! I think I had put (A) as the answer, something about lateness being subversive or something along the lines of that.

But all in all, I'm not gonna jinx myself, but the articles were definitely interesting reads and most of the analytical questions were fine. Needless to say, I'm gonna fail... like I do with any form of multiple choice based tests.
lol I also put (A). "Lateness is systematic" i think it was. I also found the articles to be intriguing. I was confuzzled by the questions based on that article about society :mad1:

5233andy

HSC
I think it's quite narrow-minded of ACER to include what could only be defined as comprehension questions. Though the articles were great reads, they held a philosophical element which prompted greater analysis, on the metaphoric level. My main problem is that I consider most of the options available for these types of questions to be valid - consider this with English - metaphorical readings do not have a distinct concept/opinion, but rather, it is open to interpretation. Thus it would've been considerably better, well... towards my betterment anyway, if they removed all forms of literary comprehension questions, or replace them with short answer ones.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
i think it's quite narrow-minded of acer to include what could only be defined as comprehension questions. Though the articles were great reads, they held a philosophical element which prompted greater analysis, on the metaphoric level. My main problem is that i consider most of the options available for these types of questions to be valid - consider this with english - metaphorical readings do not have a distinct concept/opinion, but rather, it is open to interpretation. Thus it would've been considerably better, well... Towards my betterment anyway, if they removed all forms of literary comprehension questions, or replace them with short answer ones.
band 6.

lisarh

HSC
I finished the test on the dot. >< Did anyone finish earlier?

5233andy

HSC
Yeah, with reference to my earlier post, I found it awfully strange that many individuals finished and decided to leave half an hour before the end of the exam. Or maybe it's just me being intellectually handicapped.

q3thefish

HSC
Lolz I know aye? Dude. I was ahead of time for the first 35 Q. with quite a bit of time left under my belt and BAM! People started to leave waaaay earlier than the majority. Pretty crazy how some people can finish it that quickly or mayb I'm just intellectually retarded.

Meh, I heard we're gonna get our results in 2 weeks time. Is this true?

yummy-cookies

HSC
Lolz I know aye? Dude. I was ahead of time for the first 35 Q. with quite a bit of time left under my belt and BAM! People started to leave waaaay earlier than the majority. Pretty crazy how some people can finish it that quickly or mayb I'm just intellectually retarded.

Meh, I heard we're gonna get our results in 2 weeks time. Is this true?
No way???!!! are you serious? *sigh*, and I was looking forward to forgeting the whole ordeal, or at least putting it to the back of my mind for a few months.

I finished the test in an hour and ten minutes, checked and then left 15 minutes before. :) i raced through it because i was getting really tired and feeling dizzy, so i didn't bother thinking too deeply and considering my answers. hopefully, i still did ok...

now i need to brace myself for the possibility that the results will come in 2 weeks....

q3thefish

HSC
No way???!!! are you serious? *sigh*, and I was looking forward to forgeting the whole ordeal, or at least putting it to the back of my mind for a few months.

I finished the test in an hour and ten minutes, checked and then left 15 minutes before. :) i raced through it because i was getting really tired and feeling dizzy, so i didn't bother thinking too deeply and considering my answers. hopefully, i still did ok...

now i need to brace myself for the possibility that the results will come in 2 weeks....
Woah. You work heaps quick o_O

I was full nervous man. I swear T_T

yummy-cookies

HSC
Woah. You work heaps quick o_O

I was full nervous man. I swear T_T
not really. people around me were leaving after an hour. but i guess, telling you won't make you feel better...

i wasn't so nervous since i don't really think i want to do pharmacy, so i didn't have that "OMGitsgoingtodeterminethecourseofmywholelife" pressure to do well. though, i really want to pass

how many people who've done the stat are actually seriously planning to do pharmacy, and not as fallback, or as a "i'm-kinda-considering-but-not-really-sure" thing?

lisarh

HSC
how many people who've done the stat are actually seriously planning to do pharmacy, and not as fallback, or as a "i'm-kinda-considering-but-not-really-sure" thing?
XD true. but then again, i still took the test seriously and did the best i could.
Plus, even if I did finish the test like one hour early (i wish), the examiners said you're only allowed to leave in the last ten minutes. i went to 12:30 birrong btw

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
i'm pretty sure they would have said you ARENT allowed to leave in the last 10 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)