STAT test. anyone doing the mid year one? (1 Viewer)

sam_92

HSC
anyone? Im definately doing it for pharmacy:)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
nup
although pharm is an option for me if i dont get med, but im not too keen on doing stat (rather opt to do BSc or something), what does it actually consist of anyway?

bouncing

HSC
hey! could someone let me know where i can find more information on STAT and teh dates and everythingggg... i am quite confused but think i want to do it

didnt have time to ask the careers advisor before school hols(help me out here please!)

sam_92

HSC
hey! could someone let me know where i can find more information on STAT and teh dates and everythingggg... i am quite confused but think i want to do it

didnt have time to ask the careers advisor before school hols(help me out here please!)
U can find the informations on Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) website

dates,venues,fees on Dates, venues and fees - UAC STAT website

and registration for the test on Registering for STAT - UAC STAT website

hope that helped:)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC

sam_92

HSC
haha yea it did, thanks man
but now that i look and read info about stat, i just really dont wanna do pharmacy now haha :L
haha STAT is not that hard i heard. so keep ur hopes up!

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
does anyone have practice questions at all? i really want to get a feel for what the questions are like =/

the website isn't currently providing any questions =I

1titanic

HSC
Do you have to do the STAT test if you want to do physiotherapy or psychology?

perseverance10

HSC
Hey, this question is from a practice exam...

A triangular pile is a stack contructed from equal-sized balls. It has a triangular base (first layer) and a single ball in its top-most layer. The number of layers depends on the total number of balls used. For example, the triangular pile shown below has three horizontal layers with six balls in the first layer, three balls in the second layer and one ball in the third layer.

37 Which one of the following could be the number of balls in the base of a triangular pile?
A 16 C 44
B 28 D 52

38 The number of balls along a side of the base of a triangular pile with 36 balls in its base is
A 6 . C 8 .
B 7 . D 9 .

39 If the number of balls along a side of the base of a triangular pile is n, then the number of layers
in the pile is
A 2n – 3 . C n – 1 .
B 3(n – 2) . D n .

what is the easiest way to work it out without a calculator? could you please explain?

thanks in advance =]

hscishard

HSC
Hey, this question is from a practice exam...

A triangular pile is a stack contructed from equal-sized balls. It has a triangular base (first layer) and a single ball in its top-most layer. The number of layers depends on the total number of balls used. For example, the triangular pile shown below has three horizontal layers with six balls in the first layer, three balls in the second layer and one ball in the third layer.

37 Which one of the following could be the number of balls in the base of a triangular pile?
A 16 C 44
B 28 D 52

38 The number of balls along a side of the base of a triangular pile with 36 balls in its base is
A 6 . C 8 .
B 7 . D 9 .

39 If the number of balls along a side of the base of a triangular pile is n, then the number of layers
in the pile is
A 2n – 3 . C n – 1 .
B 3(n – 2) . D n .

what is the easiest way to work it out without a calculator? could you please explain?

thanks in advance =]
37. B
38.C
39. D

It's not meant to be done with a calculator

hscishard

HSC
They're triangular numbers.

The best way, if you don't know what that means is to notice the pattern. For one layer. It's 1. For 2 it's 3. For 3 layers it's 6.

1 (add2) 3 (add3) 6 (add4) 10 (add5)15 (add6) 21 (add7) 28.

Or you could just draw it.

kevda1st

HSC
stat is easy,

better off getting it over and done with in mid sem though and party at the end of the year,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)