• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Constitutional Convention (1 Viewer)

Micro Reflex

HSC
Hi BoS, I am attending the convention on the 5th of November in Sydney (have to fly down at 6:30). The topic of discussion is - The Head of State, also the issues surrounding Australia becoming a Republic.

Has anybody been to this in the past or are attending it this year?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I think my friend is attending it this year... I'll ask her tomorrow.

I think she got selected because of her results in Legal Studies. Not 100% sure though.

Girls

HSC
I don't even do legal studies! I may be less capable than the others.
I've been selected to go as well, and I don't do legal studies either. I'm so unsure as to what is actually happening on the day. Is it a big debate; i.e. do we stand up and give fully-fledged speeches on the matter? Or do we raise points and then discuss?

Also, I'm fairly sure that the topic is predominantly the role of the Head of State, less the republic stuff.

edit: Just read over the program and my apologies, there are issues regarding Australia's Head of State if the nation were to become a republic.

Last edited:

Okashi

HSC
I got selected as well. If you read over the program then you know it's basically just group discussion. Around 20 students in each group i think.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Well my friend basically has no idea what's going on that day, all she knows is that she's going. She doesn't even know if she needs to wear school uniform (however that's quite likely) haha

Micro Reflex

HSC
Well my friend basically has no idea what's going on that day, all she knows is that she's going. She doesn't even know if she needs to wear school uniform (however that's quite likely) haha
I got given a blazer and a tie today. I wouldn't recommend turning up in shorts or something - I can't speak for the girl's uniform though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)