• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin 06 (1 Viewer)

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
aww gasnier in the halves.. interesting.. he havn't played in the halves for dragons what makes the selectors think that he would step up the mark in origin football... still think he would work better in the centres with cooper.

HSC
Qld team:
1. Clinton Schifcofske (Canberra Raiders)

2. Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos)

3. Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos)

4. Josh Hannay (North Qld Cowboys)

5. Adam Mogg (Canberra Raiders)

6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Brisbane Broncos)

7. Johnathan Thurston (North Qld Cowboys)

8. Steven Price (NZ Warriors)

9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)

10. Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos)

11. Nate Myles (Bulldogs)

12. Carl Webb (North Qld Cowboys)

13. Dallas Johnson (Melbourne Storm)

Interchange:
14. Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane Broncos)

15. Chris Flannery (Sydney Roosters)

16. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)

17. Tonie Carroll (Brisbane Broncos)

I've gotta admit, the Qld team looks a lot better than the Blues... :(

Cpt obvious

HSC
Nesty said:
aww gasnier in the halves.. interesting.. he havn't played in the halves for dragons what makes the selectors think that he would step up the mark in origin football... still think he would work better in the centres with cooper.
Gasnier has played as 5/8 for the dragons when both head and barret were unavailable.

duffy69

HSC
shit halves for nsw, based on noddys performance on sat night he should of got selected, bout time gallen is in, and y gasiner is at five eight kills me. no kicking or passing game, no sense of organisation. if u wanna get him to touch the ball more put him at lock or something, dont puut him at five eight. that gives the queensland the edge as they know that the only play kickers are gower and hornby wen he comes on. betta set of halves for queensland and if there forwards dominante nsw in the game, queensland will have it easy.

ledzeppelin

HSC
I don't get Steve Simpson
Seriously most over-rated player in the game at the moment
What does Thompson have to do to get picked?

Cpt obvious

HSC
"I don't get Steve Simpson
Seriously most over-rated player in the game at the moment" ledzeppelin

i agree what does simpson actually do? Does he have a high tackle count or Hit up count because i dont really know him as an impact player

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
kimi said:
HAHAHAHAH JUSTIN HODGES IS INJURED. HAHAHAHAHA sucks to you, cunt.
how glad you think he feels now after leaving the roosters???

shame he is out though

Bookie

Banned
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
I don't get Steve Simpson
Seriously most over-rated player in the game at the moment
What does Thompson have to do to get picked?
He couldnt make it at the Stains, what chance has he got at the Sharks.

Simpson is good off Joey becuase theyve always got those inside balls. Unfortunaetly for him, Joey isnt playing.

Although I'm pissed about Kimmorley not being picked on form, I dont understand why they didnt go Gower/Kimmorley. NSW for the lose.

Also, what has Luke O'Donnell done?

I hate NSW selectors. When they go for a gamble they make the shit ones. Gasnier wtf. Hornby fair enough, but they shouldve put Hornby in at 5-8th for that matter. Fuck Cooper.

QUEENSLANDER!

davo_

good kid
HSC
Selectors like Steve Simpson because he can pack into the scrum at front or second row - at the same time there's really not much difference between front and second row anyway and I don't think he has done enough to merit selection. As well as this they've already got Mark O'Meley on the bench - whom although I think is an awesome player was surprised to see him selected as he seemed to go into his shell a bit after being thumped a few times in origin 2. I'm a fan of Luke O'Donnell though Bookie, and although I am not completely sure of his club form at the moment; he did show some great signs in the first 15 minutes of origin 1. I feel he might have potential in origin football if he doesn't get injured.

My main complaint is with the Gasnier selection. Just because he is a great centre by no means means he is going to be a good 5/8 and Gasnier isn't even a ball playing style of centre. I also feel they would have been better off playing Hornby in at 5/8. Oh well, other than this its good to see Gallen get at start in origin, think he may thrive in this sort of game.

Guess we'll see how it all unravels next Wednesday, and I'll be there!

Last edited:

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
man.. nsw is going to get beaten... i feel like crap saying that
but i can sense it

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Hmm, sadly enough I agree. Hopefully Gasnier and Gower can produce some good ball to the outside men, and the freakin fowards can crash through the queensland line. That said, I think the Qlders have a point to prove, and will have a fair fan base in Melbourne...shapin up to be a hellofadecider.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
For reals, I never thought it would happen but the NSW halves have become more predictable than QLD's. Blah blah, I know Gaz is not a 5/8, but maybe that should of been considered BEFORE he was picked.

The last 20 mins showed some positive signs though. As long as we keep holding them out anything is possible.

Gallen, Hodgson and Bailey have been going great guns. Should be a good second half.

Last edited:

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Yeah, been very interesting so far.

Half-time and 4-4 .. Queensland looked dead in the ten minutes to halftime, but they held on. They'll be refreshed for the second half, you'd think.

Heart says NSW, head doesn't really have a definitive choice. I guess if it were a normal regular NRL season match, I'd lean towards NSW based on how they finished the first half. But you can never discount Qld in SOO ..

Gasnier has been disappointing, shift him back to the centres and bring on Hornby! They could play Grothe in the second row or at lock, even. Whatever the case may be, Gaz is being wasted at five-eighth so far.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
brogan77 said:
I quite like Gallen and O'Donnell as backrowers.
They've both played very well. O'Meley has been very strong off the bench, and Mason has looked good offensively. Bailey hasn't done too much in attack, but looks pretty much solid as a rock in defence.

At least our forward pack aren't getting smashed tonight like SOOII.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
some bad refereeing, but oh well, nsw is in front. sexy time. although i do feel for the queenslanders

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
LMFAO, how funny was that being awarded a try?

Boy, if I was a Queenslander I'd be PISSED.

Hahahahahahahhahahahaha.

They'll probably win now, though (karma).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)