• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin 06 (1 Viewer)

ediisjoz

HSC
MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!

stupid fucking queensland. i hate those banana benders.

2 fucking points.

IT WAS ALMOST UNBEARABLE THAT LAST 2 MINUTES..

i cannot express my anger on a forum though, it's too intense.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
the team that deserved to win won tonight. some terrible decisions by the video ref in the 2nd half, all of which favoured NSW. but typical QUEENSLAND SPIRIT got us threw, i lost my voice screaming at the tele i sounded like Lockyer by the end of the game!

but i think QLD deserved to win the series this year. game one lost by 1 point, game two saw NSW get slaughtered and tonight, after having luck go against em they somehow bounced back and won!!!

anyone still believe Lockyer shouldnt play 5/8??? looks like the 4 million dollar man has a long way to go! QUEENSLANDER!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
How good was Tate tonight? Solid in defense and attack. Berrigan did well when he came on as well.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
fornstar said:
the team that deserved to win won tonight. some terrible decisions by the video ref in the 2nd half, all of which favoured NSW. but typical QUEENSLAND SPIRIT got us threw, i lost my voice screaming at the tele i sounded like Lockyer by the end of the game!

but i think QLD deserved to win the series this year. game one lost by 1 point, game two saw NSW get slaughtered and tonight, after having luck go against em they somehow bounced back and won!!!

anyone still believe Lockyer shouldnt play 5/8??? looks like the 4 million dollar man has a long way to go! QUEENSLANDER!!!
Won't say that Queensland didn't deserve to win. They tried their guts out.

The only decision that REALLY went in NSW's favour was the Carroll disallowed try. Because that was the weakest strip in the history of rugby league. NSW's try just after half-time was awarded because the ball did NOT hit Hodgson's arms. I hope you don't believe what the idiots at Channel 9 commentary tell you, because they all have agendas. Just because Sterling says that "even if it doesn't hit his hands, it's a knock-on" .. it doesn't make it so. If the ball hit Hodgson in the head, it was play-on and a fair try. As it turns out, it was judged to hit his shoulder, which is also play-on and a fair try.

Lockyer was at least three or four metres offside when he scored the intercept try at the death. But I guess it evened out the Carroll decision.

Lockyer should not play five-eighth. Neither should Gasnier.

I am a firm believer in a player playing their BEST position. Imagine this Australian backline:

1. Lockyer -- best fullback in the world
2. Minichiello -- best winger in the world
3. Cooper -- best defensive centre in the world
4. Gasnier -- best centre in the world
5. King/Tate/Hodges/Tahu .. any of them would make me happy.
6. Barrett
7. Thurston

And a few years ago, that would've included 6. Fittler and 7. Johns .. absolutely unbeatable.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You're forgetting the passage of play that occured directly after NSW were given the ball because of a knock on that wasnt a knock on.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
Won't say that Queensland didn't deserve to win. They tried their guts out.

The only decision that REALLY went in NSW's favour was the Carroll disallowed try. Because that was the weakest strip in the history of rugby league. NSW's try just after half-time was awarded because the ball did NOT hit Hodgson's arms. I hope you don't believe what the idiots at Channel 9 commentary tell you, because they all have agendas. Just because Sterling says that "even if it doesn't hit his hands, it's a knock-on" .. it doesn't make it so. If the ball hit Hodgson in the head, it was play-on and a fair try. As it turns out, it was judged to hit his shoulder, which is also play-on and a fair try.

Lockyer was at least three or four metres offside when he scored the intercept try at the death. But I guess it evened out the Carroll decision.

I am a firm believer in a player playing their BEST position. Imagine this Australian backline:

1. Lockyer -- best fullback in the world
2. Minichiello -- best winger in the world
3. Cooper -- best defensive centre in the world
4. Gasnier -- best centre in the world
5. King/Tate/Hodges/Tahu .. any of them would make me happy.
6. Barrett
7. Thurston

And a few years ago, that would've included 6. Fittler and 7. Johns .. absolutely unbeatable.
have a sook.

also, 5 in my opinion would be Hodges, but how can you put Barrett in? He's retired, in that case you can chuck Johns in too.

So either have 6. Barrett 7. Johns

or 6. ?? 7. Kimmorley / Gower

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
i dont understand how ppl can still doubt Lockyer playing at 5/8. sure he was a great fullback, but his got the potential to be a great 5/8 too and if last night doesnt have ppl convinced than i dont know what will!

Hornby shoudlve played 5/8 last night, instead of going on as a replacement hooker.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
The potential? His career is almost finished already.

And his performance in Game 2 was better than last night. Thurston was the man who stood up for Queensland with 20 minutes to go, and the rest of the team picked up following on from his efforts .. I think he made two line-breaks in about five minutes, one of which resulted in Tate's try.

I am not sure why you are doubting the statement that Lockyer is a better fullback than five-eighth. He does a very good job in the 6, but he was (and still is) unstoppable in the 1 .. he showed enough in the 20 minutes he played there in the Anzac Test to prove that.

Bookie .. mate, I don't really care about the result in State of Origin. I am more concerned that Dragons players don't get injured than NSW winning.

Good point about Barrett. However, I think he only declared himself unavailable for Origin selection. He's still available to play for Australia, but it is generally accepted principle these days for selectors not to choose any players who are playing outside of the NRL. And seeing as Barrett is in England next season, he fits that bill.

Obviously, Lockyer WILL be five-eighth. Ignoring Barrett, there just isn't anyone else in the NRL who is good enough to play five-eighth for Australia at the moment.

And I'm not sure why you have Kimmorley/Gower ahead of Thurston.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Did anyone listen to Fatty's garbage about Lockyer's game on The Footy Show tonight?

"It was his best ever game for Queensland, reminded me of Wally Lewis."

What a load of shit.

Thurston was the man who changed the game, and all the credit goes to one of the NRL's favourite sons.

Much like credit ALWAYS goes to Johns, Gasnier, Buderus.

Garbage.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Thurston is a farking champion
Him and Tate alone kept QLD in the game
Tate is the best centre in the game IMO
LOL@St. George if they keep playing Gaz at 5/8th
LOL@All the Tigers fans who were saying that Hodgson is a better player than Minichiello as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)