state of orgin 2

• blues

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • marrons

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robbo_m8

Can i ask a question? Whats with the big hype in State of Origin. No one seems to be interested in the regular season - 3 games seem to be more interesting. What a random idea. In AFL (where the concept of state of origin was first used) the idea was scraped a few years back, because though the games were good and all there was too much concern for injuries in the games, hurting teams for the rest of the season. Why the priority in 3 games over 30? How come a win in state of origin seems more important than a Premiership Flag?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ChrisE said:
anasta played a weak game, with johns seemingly the only half on the field in attack. the forwards were all running off johns and anasta wasnt seeing any ball. i dont know what game you were watching, but the game i saw involved nsw playing brilliantly without the need for anasta at all.

Cooper's try was set up by 2 long cut out passes by Anasta and Johns

Menzies' try was set up by Johns passing to Anasta, and Anasta offloading to Menzies

Anasta was solid in defence

Johns got man of the match and got a rating of 9 or 9.5 /10

and I think Anasta and King were next highest

angelduck said:
H8 anasta, hope hes replaced, plz note - QLD scored off an intercept (just like in SOO I) from eitehr Johns or Anasta. Hope it was anasta (it was late and i was studyin psyc) coz then hell be dropped like kimmorley
I think you're refering to Slater's try, how was that an intercept?

you said you were studying, so it prolly wasnt your own observation but a comment made by Gould (This just shows you how bias he is) It wasnt an intercept, it was a knock-on by Minichello. Minichello even said it was his fault after the game

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Robbo_m8 said:
Can i ask a question? Whats with the big hype in State of Origin. No one seems to be interested in the regular season - 3 games seem to be more interesting. What a random idea. In AFL (where the concept of state of origin was first used) the idea was scraped a few years back, because though the games were good and all there was too much concern for injuries in the games, hurting teams for the rest of the season. Why the priority in 3 games over 30? How come a win in state of origin seems more important than a Premiership Flag?
ask any footballer and they'll say that winning a premeirship is a higher priority than SOO.
Theres alot of hype because this is the best arena to play rugby league, it doesnt compare to anything else, as angelduck said; best v best

angelduck said:
i apologize then, i blame human biosciences and psycology
no need to apologise, just blame Gould ;)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
silly wing got himself injured, so it looks like anasta will definitely be playing come origin 3 regardless of barrett's fitness.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
NSW team

Anthony Minichiello,
Matt King,
Mark Gasnier,
Matt Cooper,
Timana Tahu,
Braith Anasta,
Andrew Johns,
Jason Ryles,
Danny Buderus (capt),
Luke Bailey,
Nathan Hindmarsh,
Craig Fitzgibbon,
Ben Kennedy.

BENCH:
Steve Simpson,
Craig Gower,
Andrew Ryan,
Steve Menzies.

gee... tahu over grothe?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I'd say because its game 3, if it was game 1 Grothe would be in. Tahu has the experience, but has been a shadow of his golden years at Newcastle. Also I think he had a decent combo with Johns back in the day. But still, its an odd selection.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
If Wing wasnt selected becuase he was injured, then why was Buderus selected?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
maybe they think he has more of a chance of playing than wing...

EDIT:

QUEENSLAND:
Matt Bowen,
Ty Williams,
Shaun Berrigan,
Paul Bowman,
Matt Sing,
Darren Lockyer (capt),
Johnathan Thurston,
Petero Civoniceva,
Cameron Smith,
Danny Nutley,
Michael Crocker,
Brad Thorn,
Chris Flannery.

BENCH:
Ben Ross,
Ashley Harrison,
Corey Parker,
TBA

NO Billy Slater!!!! wow that mustve been a tough call... imagining scoring a hattrick on the weekend and then getting dropped, not that im complaining...but seriously if its slater's defence thats worrisome surely bowen's isnt that much better... taking nothing from bowen tho... hes a brilliant player and is certainly not undeserving of the spot, but slater must feel a bit hard done by. but anyways its queenslanders....

and they are back to the old trick of naming TBA ...again.. wtf is the point of naming teams if you put TBA, why not have 17 TBA's and anounce the team half an hour befour kick off. tonie carroll most likely got that spot covered.

Last edited:

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
OMFG! Stupid queensland, slater scores a try in like each origin! And its not like hes out of form or anything, im hopin bowen gets injurd so slater can play, he makes the matches interestin. Theres gonna b some pissed off queenslanders for a while

Kazaf

HSC
Bederus will most likely play, still waiting for fitness results.
As for Wing, he has no chance coming back untill 1 - 2 weeks.
Bederus is a possibility. If he wont return he will be replaced.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm tough call, probaly looking for the forwards to shutdown Johns i guess. And also, Bowen is a waste on the bench so 1 of them had to go.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
When I found out Billy Slater wad dropped I was shocked, then really really amused, then angry because now it means he'll be playing against the Dogs this weekend...damn! The Qld slectors have said that it's not because of poor form, but because they needed to include more mobile forwards and therefore had to drop a fullback. I know Matty Bowen is amazing, but for Origin I see him as a strike weapon rather than an 80 minute fullback. They went with the Nth Qld back three combo anyway.

Gower, wtf?? Bring in Priddis! It'll be a shame if Buderus plays and Priddis misses out on his chance because Gower's been chosen instead.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:
When I found out Billy Slater wad dropped I was shocked, then really really amused, then angry because now it means he'll be playing against the Dogs this weekend...damn! The Qld slectors have said that it's not because of poor form, but because they needed to include more mobile forwards and therefore had to drop a fullback. I know Matty Bowen is amazing, but for Origin I see him as a strike weapon rather than an 80 minute fullback. They went with the Nth Qld back three combo anyway.

Gower, wtf?? Bring in Priddis! It'll be a shame if Buderus plays and Priddis misses out on his chance because Gower's been chosen instead.
yeh same, when i saw that slater was dropped, i was like wtf? i reckon slater wuld be so much better than bowen, damn stupidity for QLD. And hopefully Buderus plays cos hes the best hooker there is, and i want him to captain the blues to a win. And Gower was a ood choice, i reckon hes better than priddis though. Im just very shocked slater got dropped...but its alright- gives nsw a better chance of winning. Out of both teams, the NSW team looks the better so hopefully we can win the series.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
snickerdoodle said:

yeh same, when i saw that slater was dropped, i was like wtf? i reckon slater wuld be so much better than bowen, damn stupidity for QLD. And hopefully Buderus plays cos hes the best hooker there is, and i want him to captain the blues to a win. And Gower was a ood choice, i reckon hes better than priddis though. Im just very shocked slater got dropped...but its alright- gives nsw a better chance of winning. Out of both teams, the NSW team looks the better so hopefully we can win the series.

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
the team
NSW team: Anthony Minichiello, Matt King, Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Timana Tahu, Braith Anasta, Andrew Johns, Jason Ryles, Danny Buderus (capt), Luke Bailey, Nathan Hindmarsh, Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Kennedy. Interchange: Steve Simpson, Craig Gower, Andrew Ryan, Steve Menzies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)