• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
gus copped a shilacking from nick politis for picking fittler apparently lol.... what a likeable fella he is

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Well, I sort of agree with Nick Politis. Whilst it's great to see Freddy in Origin again, Gus gould could have picked any other 5/8 that hadn't yet retired.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah its a kick in the guts for the other quality 5/8's. Now if nsw lose or fittler has a shocker, that'll be funny heh.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It'll hurt, I reckon.

Anyways, is anyone going to game II or III?

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Jason Taylor was tellling me today that the Roosters are one of the sides that receive a bye around Origin time.................to save the players..........how rigged is that!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
a bit hard getting to game 2 isnt it?

edit: eh... why shouldnt roosters have byes around oriin time? borncos have them... as would knights st george etc

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Not really. It's just a plane ticket :p

Broncos and Knights have also had byes around Origin time, the Bulldogs also have a bye this weekend. Bad JT for spreading bad rumours.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah all the 'big' teams have byes. it should just be random. Good on ya JT for speaking the truth. Cause you know for sure teams like the roosters, broncos will have a cry if they lost to souths or someshit during origin week.

nerd2die4

HSC
Originally posted by copious
gould is just too pussy to experiment. too scared to throw in a wildcard to fill the void. it worked with scott prince.
there is no need for a wild card, Scott Hill is perfect and he is hardly a wild card but i agree gould is too pussy.

The fittler and kimmorley halves combination was used before and it didnt work out to well for them, that was back in 2001 where NSW lost and fittler played his worst game ever. But gould still thinks he ( fittler) is the better option rather than Scott hill who has played next to kimmorley before and had success, the 1999 season where melbourne won the GrandFinal and 2004 city v. country match, both kimmorley and hill combinations.

nerd2die4

HSC
Robbie Kearns was on the news earlier talking about origin and said fittlers comeback was just a publicity stunt, and I agree 110% with that and good on him for saying that for everybody to hear because i think most people (in the media) thought it but were afraid of saying something.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I blame Gould. Fittler is loyal to the Roosters and they weren't impressed with his recall.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
if theres anyone to blame it is Fittler, the decision is up to him and he made it.

nerd2die4

HSC
Kimmorley is out of origin 2, he pulled his hammy at training. both orford and barret ruled themselves out so finch is in.
roosters v broncos very similiar to origin 2.

nerd2die4

HSC
I reckon queensland will take this one out. well i hope so anyway

nerd2die4

HSC
yeah matt gidley today left training early because of his hamstring.

HSC
Originally posted by nerd2die4
I reckon queensland will take this one out. well i hope so anyway
DIE u!!!.:p
mm..got my ext1 maths exam on thurs...meh..origin is more important and taping it is just not the same.!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)