state of origin (1 Viewer)

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
look afl is a growth sport nrl is not. (i have no idea if nrl is a growth sport)

because afl > rugby

as for soccer. bleh.

twistedrebel

HSC
actually origin is watched in AFL states, my victorian m8s watch it. Sorta like i watch afl grand final.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
the vast majority of west australians would have no idea that the Origin is going on

can't speak for south aussies though

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
just proves that no one cares about NRL

the supporters cant even be bothered to go watch the game live
Sorry, i deal with facts and figures not opinions

And when you say "no one cares" thats a rash generalisation. The tv ratings speak for themselves, people will watch the games on tv but wont bother to go to games especially when that puts families down over a hundred dollars each time they get out to games. Hell, if you can watch something from the comfort of your lounge room, on a winters night, for absolutely free.. its an easy option.

On the basis of crowds, you can say that the AFL is more popular than the English Premier League.. now that's not even close to true

Also.. peak of 4.08 million watched the SoO last night. Yes, no one cares.

Last edited:

LatK7

HSC
look afl is a growth sport nrl is not. (i have no idea if nrl is a growth sport)

because afl > rugby

as for soccer. bleh.
Growth sport? What are you talking about?

And of course you'll say AFL > Rugby (though you probably mean Rugby League as Rugby refers to Rugby Union)...it's just everyone in the Northern States will disagree. That's how it will always be. Especially when you take into account the atrocious TV ratings the AFL receives in QLD/NSW (even live matches).

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Sorry, i deal with facts and figures not opinions

And when you say "no one cares" thats a rash generalisation. The tv ratings speak for themselves, people will watch the games on tv but wont bother to go to games especially when that puts families down over a hundred dollars each time they get out to games. Hell, if you can watch something from the comfort of your lounge room, on a winters night, for absolutely free.. its an easy option.

On the basis of crowds, you can say that the AFL is more popular than the English Premier League.. now that's not even close to true

Also.. peak of 4.08 million watched the SoO last night. Yes, no one cares.
no one cares

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Growth sport? What are you talking about?

And of course you'll say AFL > Rugby (though you probably mean Rugby League as Rugby refers to Rugby Union)
no i mean AFL > rugby

league union woteva they are effectively the same thing (rubbish)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
no one cares
yet you've bothered to post in a thread that you don't care about not once - twice

post again and clearly you give a shit about bagging a certain sport

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Why is this thread talking about TV viewers and not how Jason King was shit last night?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps because you've maybe only watched about 4-5 games of league. Some league fans cant stand union and vice versa - because they're different.

The concept of scoring trys is the same but thats where the similarities end. Everything else is pretty much different; ie points for certain goals, tackle counts, line outs, scrums and how you advance up and down the field.. and the latter is what fundamentally differentiates the two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)