State Rankers! (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Who does everyone think will top the state in the 2012 HSC??

For Maths I believe Spiralflex will

apollo1

Banned
HSC
SpiralFlex is the obvious one.
Nightweaver066 is another one who could get state rank

mirakon

nigga
HSC
probably someone not on BoS because they're busy finishing the course a year early

apollo1

Banned
HSC
probably someone not on BoS because they're busy finishing the course a year early
this is a bad misconception. state rankers are just really smart, they dont need to do the whole finishing course a year early thing. case in point: stacey law

mirakon

nigga
HSC
this is a bad misconception. state rankers are just really smart, they dont need to do the whole finishing course a year early thing. case in point: stacey law
a) I didn't literally mean that they had to that, my point was they were probably studying rather than wasting their time here lol.
b) I know Stacey Law too because I did the AMOC programme with her as well and I can tell you that she knew most of the 4u and 3u courses before year 12 due to that :)

apollo1

Banned
HSC
a) I didn't literally mean that they had to that, my point was they were probably studying rather than wasting their time here lol.
b) I know Stacey Law too because I did the AMOC programme with her as well and I can tell you that she knew most of the 4u and 3u courses before year 12 due to that :)
wats AMOC? olympiad?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
wats AMOC? olympiad?
pretty much. But they have correspondence courses and workshops for some of the students they predict to do well (stacey law obviously did well because she got to IMO level) that teach tme a lot of skills, including some university level mathematics

powlmao

Banned
HSC
You'll have to beat me :p (nah good luck though :D)

And ofc Spiral /thread.

Though as most mirakon said, most likely no one from here.
hahaha good luck!! I am happy if I am number 2 as any state rank is a great result

unknown88

HSC
N/A
How can you be so sure that spiralflex will get state rank? there are 3,000 + people doing mx2 and 5,000 + do mx1 and just being you know one kid/3000 thats very smart your going to presume he is going to get state rank. = = ' ...nonetheless goodluck to him, younamu did that back in 09.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How can you be so sure that spiralflex will get state rank? there are 3,000 + people doing mx2 and 5,000 + do mx1 and just being you know one kid/3000 thats very smart your going to presume he is going to get state rank. = = ' ...nonetheless goodluck to him, younamu did that back in 09.
Because Spiralflex is tank at maths and never gets things wrong.

and me :p
and about 1000 others lol
good luck to us all :D
lol you can be number 3 :p Good luck!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
hahaha good luck!! I am happy if I am number 2 as any state rank is a great result
Yeh, anything top 10 is fking the best. Why does eco have to be such a competetive subject though :L.

Meh yeh we know that. I just took it from the perspective of who here will get it on BOS.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Yeh, anything top 10 is fking the best. Why does eco have to be such a competetive subject though :L.

Meh yeh we know that. I just took it from the perspective of who here will get it on BOS.
economics is awesome and I want to do it in uni.

True, mostly people agree Spiralflex is a beast at maths

RishBonjour

HSC
that spiralflex guy/girl/robot is a beast, seems to work hard for it though
has his resources and stuff

one of my teachers said , success in HSC is about hard work, not necessarily intelligence. true?

powlmao

Banned
HSC

one of my teachers said , success in HSC is about hard work, not necessarily intelligence. true?
Depends, in a raw form yes it is, as the more hard work you put in the better your result will be. But their are a few exceptions who are totally fucking smart and get 100% without doing anything.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
economics is awesome and I want to do it in uni.

True, mostly people agree Spiralflex is a beast at maths
Yeh, i hope i can get to ANU. Money is gonna be a bitch though...

Natural intelligence + Hard work is what most geniuses are made of.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I would say its a mixture of both. Getting good marks can be attained purely by hard work, however getting amazing marks requires some degree of natural ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)