State Ranking (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

friction

HSC
Do we have any state rankers amongst us??

Does anyone have any idea what is needed for a state rank ??

Ramboysf5

HSC
it depends if they can see a month into the future...

ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

bored of sc

HSC
You'd probably need 95%+ raw for a state ranking wouldn't you.

HSC
it would depend on how hard the exam is.
and you'd have to be at least in the top 3 in your school, but probably top

bendha

HSC
at least 80+ and top in your school .. i don't think 81 will be enough, 3U is way easier than 4U

friction

HSC
So here is my theory 10 people got 10 different ranks in 06 in the state rankings. So would that mean that 79.5/84 would get you a state rank as it will be the average of the raw mark from the 2 markers that mark the paper.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
friction said:
Do we have any state rankers amongst us??

Does anyone have any idea what is needed for a state rank ??
Well, the closest person on BoS....I really cannot think of anyone apart from Nayyar may be? He got top 20 last year for maths as an accelerant.

But some people on this website do display some excellent qualities to be the state-ranker this year such as midifile.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
friction said:
So here is my theory 10 people got 10 different ranks in 06 in the state rankings. So would that mean that 79.5/84 would get you a state rank as it will be the average of the raw mark from the 2 markers that mark the paper.
No, not really.

If some people get same HSC result, they look into your internals too then they calculate the marks. In that case, we can have like 10 people who got the same mark in HSC with different ranks.

independantz

HSC
definitely 83-84/84 is required for a state rank, there are too many 4U beasts out there...

Zeber

HSC
i hope to get state ranking by the time i'm in year 12. currently get 80s/84.

i reckon conics2008 and friction can be state rankers

qqmore

HSC
depends on your luck, one silly mistake and your out of the race

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Zeber said:
i hope to get state ranking by the time i'm in year 12. currently get 80s/84.

i reckon conics2008 and friction can be state rankers
you left out namu

friction

HSC
So i have got 82,81,82 on my last 3 tests do i have a shot ?? I cant really see 10 people getting 83 or 84 too easy to do something stupid especially under exam conditions.

Edit: BTW there is a 4 Unit freak in my year and i will probably beat him at 3U because he is better at the harder stuff and doesnt really study for 3 unit cause its boring to him, so not all 4 Unit freaks will dominate.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
friction said:
So i have got 82,81,82 on my last 3 tests do i have a shot ?? I cant really see 10 people getting 83 or 84 too easy to do something stupid especially under exam conditions.
You will see that getting 83/84 is very difficult under exam copndition. But those people who get state-ranks are obviously highly talented - some of them even get marks like 110+ in mx2.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, the closest person on BoS....I really cannot think of anyone apart from Nayyar may be? He got top 20 last year for maths as an accelerant.

But some people on this website do display some excellent qualities to be the state-ranker this year such as midifile.
Lol.. Wtf??

Thanks for the vote of confidence :eek: but I doubt it

Ill just be happy with a 96ish + (so I can beat my 2u mark)

How'd you find 2u by the way?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Lol.. Wtf??

Thanks for the vote of confidence :eek: but I doubt it

Ill just be happy with a 96ish + (so I can beat my 2u mark)

How'd you find 2u by the way?
Don't be modest. You succesfully displayed the profound knowledge of maths topics throughout the website. It will be extremely difficult to get state-rank but you def have a chance.

2 unit? I don't know. It was deadly easy but the downside is that I can be prone to stupid mistakes along the way. However, so far so good.

friction

HSC
lyounamu said:
You will see that getting 83/84 is very difficult under exam copndition. But those people who get state-ranks are obviously highly talented - some of them even get marks like 110+ in mx2.
Trust me after Ext 2 i know what exam conditions do. I read 2 questions wrong and it was part i of like 3 parts so i couldnt do them. And just another 2 marker i read wrong. It was soo bad.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't be modest. You succesfully displayed the profound knowledge of maths topics throughout the website. It will be extremely difficult to get state-rank but you def have a chance.

2 unit? I don't know. It was deadly easy but the downside is that I can be prone to stupid mistakes along the way. However, so far so good.
:eek: Thanks for that.

Maybe if I get a state rank in 3u youll be getting one in 2u as well.

Anyway, we'll see on the 16th of December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)