• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

State Rankings (1 Viewer)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, I would like that. But I don't have any school to go back too. It is closed. :(
damn :( do you have your maths teachers' numbers?

dp624

HSC
Lol, im sure my teachers check that list every year, we get quite a few. no need for me to tell them

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
damn :( do you have your maths teachers' numbers?
Nope. Well, there is a barbecue day but I am not really invited. Do you think I should just try that day?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
I know they check at my school

The day after UAIs come out they publish a document on their website saying how great we went. Although, this year they may not be so eager seeing as we'll probably do shit

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lyounamu said:
Nope. Well, there is a barbecue day but I am not really invited. Do you think I should just try that day?
yeah, give it a go. you should be invited anyway- you did after all do 3 units of the hsc

dp624 said:
Lol, im sure my teachers check that list every year, we get quite a few. no need for me to tell them
yes, we're all aware of that :p hahahah

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
fallenstar said:
i care! lol. i want to go inform my teachers before they all go on christmas vacation that I got state ranks! cmonnnn 12pm...
im sure ur teachers will get the newspaper on thursday, which includes all state rankers, as well as those who achieved above 90 in their courses, etc

so i'm sure they'll know, one way or another

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
im sure ur teachers will get the newspaper on thursday, which includes all state rankers, as well as those who achieved above 90 in their courses, etc

so i'm sure they'll know, one way or another
yeah, thanks. it's just that i have become close friends with one of my teachers and would love to see her proud in person, corny but meh.
man the paper on thursday will be massive; i remember last year's was so heavy and it took me AGES to find one of my best friends' results.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
yeah, thanks. it's just that i have become close friends with one of my teachers and would love to see her proud in person, corny but meh.
man the paper on thursday will be massive; i remember last year's was so heavy and it took me AGES to find one of my best friends' results.
oh yea i need to go out and buy that hahah.. stalk some old primary school friends

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
danz90 said:
Isn't it from midday we can check?

Do we at least get some sort of indicator on our final HSC Credentials that we received a state rank? A certificate, or something?
Nope. Apparently, you get nothing for getting non-first state ranks, other than acknowledgement on the Board of Studies statistics website. You only get an additional award for coming first.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^that's slack. They should give awards to 100 UAI people at least.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lyounamu said:
^that's slack. They should give awards to 100 UAI people at least.
The UAI is out of the Board of Studies' hands and is not in their information systems. Only the UAC has a record of your UAI. Even so, no awards are given by them for 100 UAI.

However, there are scholarships available at individual universities for achieving them...

dp624

HSC
Trebla said:
The UAI is out of the Board of Studies' hands and is not in their information systems. Only the UAC has a record of your UAI. Even so, no awards are given by them for 100 UAI.

However, there are scholarships available at individual universities for achieving them...
Specifically the 100? I've never seen one. Just the 99.95 from Usyd and 99.90 for UNSW

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
dp624 said:
Specifically the 100? I've never seen one. Just the 99.95 from Usyd and 99.90 for UNSW
Yeah, I meant those...

dp624

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
i meant the one off $200 payment, my bad.

pham, i wouldn't be holding my breath :p
hold my breath for what? i know who topped the maths so yea haha i'm not getting those

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
hold my breath for what? i know who topped the maths so yea haha i'm not getting those
I am sure they will chase for those who got 99.95+ UAI with various state ranks.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
hey dp, namu, trebla - you guys seem to have a good understanding of raw marks and aligning...do you have any idea of the raw marks required for an aligned band 6 in IPT? I've heard 83, but that seems extremely low to me...any ideas?

Also, can you please provide a general explanation of how raw marks are aligned? If, in the case of IPT, 83 becomes 90, how do they align the other 16 marks (84-100 raw)? Sorry, I lack mathematical logic :eek:

any help would be appreciated as I'm stressing most about my IPT result - it will have significant bearing on my UAI due to the subject being capped. Bitches.

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
hey dp, namu, trebla - you guys seem to have a good understanding of raw marks and aligning...do you have any idea of the raw marks required for an aligned band 6 in IPT? I've heard 83, but that seems extremely low to me...any ideas?

Also, can you please provide a general explanation of how raw marks are aligned? If, in the case of IPT, 83 becomes 90, how do they align the other 16 marks (84-100 raw)? Sorry, I lack mathematical logic :eek:

any help would be appreciated as I'm stressing most about my IPT result - it will have significant bearing on my UAI due to the subject being capped. Bitches.
Sorry I can;t help with the IT. I only really know the sciences and maths 3/4u cos they're my subjects. however It is pretty low scaling so I'd assume the cutoffs are relatively low. You can try to look at the raw band cutoffs.
Anyways best of luck with it.

Btw, if 83 becomes 90
then 84 to 90 as well
and so on, every 2 marks for one, or so

diametric

HSC
dp624; how about english? how many points can you expect a raw raw mark to go up by before settling with the final aligned mark? ranked 1st in a top 10 school, if that changes anything.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
dp624 said:
Sorry I can;t help with the IT. I only really know the sciences and maths 3/4u cos they're my subjects. however It is pretty low scaling so I'd assume the cutoffs are relatively low. You can try to look at the raw band cutoffs.
Anyways best of luck with it.

Btw, if 83 becomes 90
then 84 to 90 as well
and so on, every 2 marks for one, or so

So the raw cutoffs for aligned marks wouldn't start off really large and progressively narrow from there? i.e.
83-86=90
87-88=91
89-90=92
and then

91=93
92=94
93=95

etc, depending on highest raw mark?
sorry, anything remotely mathsy confuses the hell out of me.

arghh i'm so confused :/

dp624

HSC
diametric said:
dp624; how about english? how many points can you expect a raw raw mark to go up by before settling with the final aligned mark? ranked 1st in a top 10 school, if that changes anything.
hey wait it says you're hsc 2009? lol?

but umm the aligning differs for each mark. this is what i tihnk:

105 = 100
104-103 = 99
102-101 = 98
100-98=97
97-95 = 96
and so on. i think, but maybe im a bit optimisitic. this years test was easy so they'd align it more harsly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)