State Rankings (1 Viewer)

mR sinister

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know,
Are state rankings awarded on your raw HSC mark, or your total Assessment mark plus the HSC mark . Basically what I'm saying, is
If you ace the HSC, can you get a state ranking even though you ranks and total Assessment marks were not your best at school.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
nup, if your school assessments were crap, then u cant state rank. However, you can state rank if you are not ranked first in your school (hopefully you're 2nd and the 1st guy is good), its just a bit harder.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
nup, if your school assessments were crap, then u cant state rank. However, you can state rank if you are not ranked first in your school (hopefully you're 2nd and the 1st guy is good), its just a bit harder.
+1

mR sinister

HSC
ahh k,
i was thinking maybe there is an award, awarded for just doing good in your raw HSC mark, it does sound more realistic then your total assessment mark.

Ohh well.
And yea, NO WAy i can get 1 know .. haha

i was thinking maybe if it was your raw HSC mark i might have a 1/60000 chance but now its 0

Top Secret

HSC
ahh k,
i was thinking maybe there is an award, awarded for just doing good in your raw HSC mark, it does sound more realistic then your total assessment mark.

Ohh well.
And yea, NO WAy i can get 1 know .. haha

i was thinking maybe if it was your raw HSC mark i might have a 1/60000 chance but now its 0
Haha, well most of the journey towards state rank would be skill. The final few steps though, would be luck.

HSC
are there any known cases of ppl getting higher external marks than state rankers, or more specifically than the top person in the state, and not getting a state ranking themself?

cyclicpermutate

HSC
This is absolutely ridiculous, i might miss out on a state rank just because i had the flu when i was doing my trial, and i will now miss out on a state rank because of it (most likely) =(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This is absolutely ridiculous, i might miss out on a state rank just because i had the flu when i was doing my trial, and i will now miss out on a state rank because of it (most likely) =(
Oh no? Life is over? haha XD

State ranks are nothing to exciting in my mind. It can be a personal goal ^_^ hehe. But in the end it doesn't achieve a lot, although acceptance into university is one (from the ATAR).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
are there any known cases of ppl getting higher external marks than state rankers, or more specifically than the top person in the state, and not getting a state ranking themself?
There are no known cases because we will never find out (BOS never reveals marks except some extreme cases where people manage to get their marks back).

I know a guy at my school who was ranked 2nd in Physics but ended up with 1st in the state in 2004.

thetai903

HSC
There are no known cases because we will never find out (BOS never reveals marks except some extreme cases where people manage to get their marks back).

I know a guy at my school who was ranked 2nd in Physics but ended up with 1st in the state in 2004.
What did the top guy get? I would guess a high band 6?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^nah it just means the the diff between 1st and 2nd guy was really small and the 2nd guy did very well in HSC

-Onlooker-

HSC
^ Off his nuts dude.

A school rank of 5x or whatever it is isn't that competitive.

Yobits

HSC
There was this guy at my school who got a state ranking but he was third. I think he came 17th in one year for English :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)