State Ranks (1 Viewer)

Ferox

HSC
Overall mark I believe. I got a 98 external last year as well but my 92 internal dragged it down

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
are state rankings based on the external mark, or is it the overall mark?
i also got a 98 for english advanced, but because of my poorer assessment mark, my overall was 97 >_o
the parentals are eagerly awaiting something, but my hopes aren't up ><"
Me too, I got a 98 for agriculture external, but because of my poorer assessment mark my overall was 97. Does anyone know at what time the state rankings come out?

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Overall mark I believe. I got a 98 external last year as well but my 92 internal dragged it down
ahhh okay, ty,

^Interdrama, you will definitely get a state rank for agriculture. at least, i think so. i know a person last year who got 96 overall [i believe it was a 98 external, 94 internal combination, or something like that] who got state ranked =)

roli

HSC
Really? I was under the impression that state ranks were awarded on the basis of external marks only.

Someone who ranked equal 3rd (I think) in my grade topped the state for adv eng, she got 99 externally and I got 98 externally (so our overall HSC mark would be the same?).

Meh, guess I'll just wait and see.

dp624

HSC
perhaps they just use the internal mark to differentiate between those who have the same high external mark?
but yes, nothing to do but to wait and see.
definitely overall

blackratpoo

HSC
100 bucks your second in the state baulko kid. just chill. you know you are!

i_suk

HSC
Is 100 in mathematics a state ranking if I got a 99 internal assessment mark and a 100 examination mark? I'm confused :s
Depends if there are a lot of people with both 100 examination and internal assessment marks. If it's for 2u maths, maybe not =\ but for 3u and 4u, that will most likely get a state rank.

Meanwhile, refresh this page http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/ebos_stats.html until 'top achievers in course' comes up for 2010, usually it's on day of HSC results but maybe not this year =__=

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It probably would be, but there are a lot of high scorers in Mathematics. I haven't look at the stats in a while.

chloeboat

HSC
Noooo :(

I got a 98 exam mark in Ancient but I was 3rd internally so my overall is 97. Most displeased, so close yet so far.

speedofsound

HSC
since we're on the subject, out of curiousity, if part of the mark in a subject is a major work (say like 30% or 40%) is that also considered along with internal assessment and how you did in the final exam for calculating state ranks?

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
Do we get anything if we get a state ranking? Like a special certificate or something?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
3cm if your lucky. :)

For the band 6 scorers, they cram them in. The font is tiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)