Stationery Love Thread (1 Viewer)

T

Testpilot

This may be stupid, but its only December 10, you don't know what you are doing next year. Even though Arts is easy to get into, you may be shit enough to miss out.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I get what you're saying, but based on my final ranks, I would have had to have totally bombed out in the exams to not get >83.

Edit: I know that makes me sound absolutely arrogant, but I'm just basing it on the numbers I've been given.

Last edited:
HSC
brogan77 said:
Ok well, in B Arts you'll need:

1. Paint, for all ze finger painting
2. Gluestick, for when you make sparkley glitter paper
3. Scissors, for all the pretty shapes you get to make
4. Colour Pencils, for colouring in Tuesdays
5. Mickey Mouse pencil case, it's what all the IN kids are using...gotta keep fashionable
6. White-out, mistakes will NO BE TOLERATED!!
7. Yourself, because you are a beautiful and unique flower who can blossom in the open and creative world of Yoooneeeveristy Arts!
:uhhuh: I have a Minnie Mouse pencilcase at home! woOt I'm all set~! :p

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
My system:

1 x 3 or 4 subject notebook (last semester I had 1 x 3subject and a 1 subject because Philosophy lecture AND tute was on Thursdays so I only needed one book)

Make sure it has perforated things on the side for easy tearing out.
Make sure it is hole punched.

Then at home I have 4 ring-binder folders, one for each subject, and I put each semesters worth of work into one part.

eg.

Political Economy folder - ECOP 1001 (Semester 1) & 1002 (Semester 2).

Every couple of weeks I'll rip out the notes from the notebook and put them in folders - reason for this is two-fold

1. You don't have to carry to much paper n shit around
2. If your bag gets stolen/lost or your drink bottle leaks or whatever you don't lose and ENTIRE SEMESTERS worth of notes.

Re Laptops: These are useful if you have a light laptop and really messy handwriting. But its always been my opinion that since you'll have to hand-write all your exams you don't do yourself any favours by using a laptop.

Final word of advice - date all your notes, clearly indicate whether its Lecture 8 or Tute 4 or whatever and keep all auxillary notes given by lecturer/tutors with that weeks notes if not you'll get super confused.

Good luck.

HSC
brogan77 said:
Ok well, in B Arts you'll need:

1. Paint, for all ze finger painting
2. Gluestick, for when you make sparkley glitter paper
3. Scissors, for all the pretty shapes you get to make
4. Colour Pencils, for colouring in Tuesdays
5. Mickey Mouse pencil case, it's what all the IN kids are using...gotta keep fashionable
6. White-out, mistakes will NO BE TOLERATED!!
7. Yourself, because you are a beautiful and unique flower who can blossom in the open and creative world of Yoooneeeveristy Arts!
I wubbles yoooh :eek:

EDIT: I just have 4 notebooks and some pens.

Lainee

HSC
grk_styl said:
I hate those chicks who carry little handbags.
:eek: I guess you'd hate me then. I just hate carrying big bags around to accommodate big textbooks and notepads. The less I carry the better it is.

shes_jinxed

HSC
dagwoman said:
Next year I'm doing a BA. What stationery will I need? How do you guys organise folders etc? What do you recommend?

Thanks heaps!
Wow for organisation A for effort, Ive been at uni for 2years and this stuvac was the first time I ever filed a single thing.

First of all your going to college right? and you doing arts so that means shit all hours at uni so the carrying crap around is not going to be an issue because youll probably be back at college between each lecture anyway, that is assuming you make it to them personally i dont like going all that much lol but dont listen to me im a science student. You can generally tell who goes to college because they carry a pen around, notepad if they are super organised.

If I applied my studious ways, to all of the semester not just stuvac I would have notebook for each of my lectures, and folders at home. I keep all my printed out lecture slides in my folders, with a summary written from my notes on each lecture and tute questions and answers. Then there is no need to look at my crappy notes during stuvac. Hopefully this system will stick this year, i find it good im just too lazy or busy doing something else to maintain my summaries and end up doing them all in stuvac which isnt all that fun.

tennille

HSC
I just take pencils/pens/highlighters, etc. I use an A4 notepad, and I have a plastic sleeve folder to put them in.

Winston

HSC
Pad of paper, pen, highlighter.

And if you're like me and you'd like to keep your notes a bit more organised at home and archive it afterwards, just by a few packs of 20 maniflla folders or something and tuck them in there, easy.

The most you should spend all up for the whole entire year for both semesters on stationary is $20.

Don't go buy a bloody pencil case or a faber castells or whatever the fuck, and fuck the liquid paper too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)