Statistics at USYD (1 Viewer)

ColdLipstick

HSC
Hey everyone!

I would like to know about doing a statistics degree at usyd and the job prospects that are non-financial.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Oh there's plenty of job opportunities for statistics graduates, don't worry about that. But even if there wasn't, that's not something you should be concerned with right now. You're in university to learn, not to get a job. Enjoy it while you can, and worry about getting a job after you graduate.

As for the degree itself, I am majoring in statistics, and I can personally say that I am enjoying it so far. But it's really a matter of personal preference. Go to the USYD Info Day in January and you can make up your own mind.

Lopemann

HSC
Oh there's plenty of job opportunities for statistics graduates, don't worry about that. But even if there wasn't, that's not something you should be concerned with right now. You're in university to learn, not to get a job. Enjoy it while you can, and worry about getting a job after you graduate.

As for the degree itself, I am majoring in statistics, and I can personally say that I am enjoying it so far. But it's really a matter of personal preference. Go to the USYD Info Day in January and you can make up your own mind.
Same, I enjoy STAT as well :)
Are you doing STAT2011 or STAT2911 this sem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)