Stem Cell Research (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Christians/Pro life- OMG THEY ARE LIVING THINGS/ONCE WERE LIVING THINGS!!!!

Non Religious/ Pro abortion- OMG WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT RELIGION PLUS WE CAN BACK UP WITH SCIENCE!!!

Pretty summed up this thread.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
We can use this to save lives, limbs and cure diseases. I don't understand why anybody would be against it, really, especially given what can now be done not using ESC.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
preventing new creation of life while saving those who are still living.

a great way of trying to supress the population.

well its like inserting $1 or more into the slot every time you die.

Sprangler

HSC
Thread summary: If anyone is truly against stem cell research they're fucked in the head.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Let me just make a really big, obvious point: stem cell research does not always involve embryonic stem cells, which was the point I made in an earlier post.

Please do not let this thread be derailed into a thread about population control, abortion, souls, Naziism, etc.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't understand why the Catholic Church doctrine deems it has viability because embryos are considered human lives. Its not actually human life yet, it has the potential to be but isn't a human life when a heartbeat and brain activity develops?
I'm not religious but I still feel as though its unethical. This science assignment has got me asking a few questions...

Lentern

HSC
Stem cell research is not a religious issue its a health issue which people;catholic or otherwise should support.

hotdimsim

HSC
All for it. Stem cells =/= life. In fact, stem cells have the ability to prolong life, and overall increase the standard of living. It would be unethical to stop research into this very important science.

Mudkip94

HSC
I'm pro-stem cell research because Christfags are anti-stem cell research.

Anyway... aren't the embryos spares from IVF which were going to be thrown away?

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
as long as the technology is in the right hands, it's all good.

none of this designer baby bullshit, plz.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pro-stem cell research because Christfags are anti-stem cell research.

Anyway... aren't the embryos spares from IVF which were going to be thrown away?
Yeah, plus aborted babies.

IMO religion should fuck off away from science. Stem Cell Research is being conducted for the better good of humans/other species. No amount of praying is gonna cure cancer.

bennytheemo12

HSC
im not for it. i dont think humans were every given the right to create life or alter it in any way. the world was vreated perfect and weve already stuff it up big time. now you want to alter human dna to create life? were not god, he have no idea what were doing. its good in theorie but the consequences are great and with the "great leaders" we have now, its the beginning of the end of thw world. her, it if finds the cure for cancer than good job, but everyone was created the way they are for a purpose, why whould you change it?

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Genetic engineering is sweet and I, for one, support that shit hardcore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)