Stop being vegetarian (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
How come?
I used to be vegetarian. The past year or two I have been trying to eat some meat. I had one mouthful of chicken the other day (had not eaten since I had 1 or 2 mouthfuls probably 3 months or longer ago). I also had one bite of a sausage (had not eaten since my last bite probably a year ago).

The trouble is I don't like the taste and texture of meat now. I'm not super against trying something (I used to be; I am still reluctant though) although I don't have a desire to eat it really. It used to be the whole moral sort of thing once although now it is more the fact that I just don't like it and why should I eat something I don't like.

I stopped eating red meat for 2/3 years before I stopped eating all meat including chicken and fish etc (which lasted for over 5 years). For 5 years I wouldn't eat marshmallows or biscuits/lollies containing gelatine/gliserine. I wouldn't eat gravy or the Red Rock Deli Honey Soy and Chicken chips (as they contained chicken fat).

I now eat marshmallows and gravey (I don't like red rock deli chips). I am at the stage where I am starting to get comfortable to eat a small amount of fish now (as in like once every month or two months etc).

Steak just doesn't appeal to me at all.

It is like my taste bud just don't like meat anymore, not so much the taste but the textures.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I tried ham a year ago maybe and didn't like it much.

I have tried bacon and peperoni on pizza before when drunk. It was alright but nothing great. I couldn't eat it sober though.

I haven't tried pork in 6+ years and lamb in 7 or 8 years.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I f you tried one of my steaks you would change your mind instantly

rsagar

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol... I see your point completely...

I've been vegetarian my entire life... Its not that it's against my religion... I just don't want to eat it...
It's how I've grown up, disliking meat and fish and chicken etc:rolleyes2:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Lol... I see your point completely...

I've been vegetarian my entire life... Its not that it's against my religion... I just don't want to eat it...
It's how I've grown up, disliking meat and fish and chicken etc:rolleyes2:
how much do you weigh and how tall are you

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
so everytime i want to post a gif reaction i need to take the quote and the gif to the gif thread?
don't listen to her, she's just trying to make her shitty thread be not shitty which just is not going to happen

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
You do realize that your taste buds adapt to what you eat.

If you continue to eat meat even though it makes you feel ill/tastes bad you will grow to like it again.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
so everytime i want to post a gif reaction i need to take the quote and the gif to the gif thread?
Yes don't argue just do it ok

Back on topic - solo, i don't see why you actually want to eat meat if you dislike the texture.

Steak is my favourite food though. Actually bought some T-Bones to BBQ tomorrow. dfgdf

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
lobster?

crab meat?

Prawns?

Oysters?

They don't exactly have the texture of most meats

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I tried to take up vegetarianism two weeks ago.

I just made the same recipes I always make, but I replaced chicken with chickpeas. It was awful, making me sick to my stomach. And I love chickpeas, I just couldn't get it to work in a dinner context. I consistently have 250g of mixed vegetables with dinner each day, and I don't know how to mix that in with something high in protein like chickpeas or beans. I can prepare delicious chickpeas, but I'd have to drop brocolli/carrot/colliflower etc, or eat them as a separate meal.

Can you suggest some recipes pls?

Probably not realistic to give up meat the same week as 3rd year final exams/no fap october/grad interviews. So hungry/horny/studious.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
well ive cut back meat consumption to save money

and if you're super-lazy an ok thing to make it vegetable curry. Just buy a bunch of those frozen mixed stir-fry vegies from aldi for $4/kg, a bunch of carrots chopped up ($1/kg) and add them to some passage to india curry sauce and a can of coconut cream and serve with rice

this tastes quite good and is cheap, and you get a decent serving of fat from the coconut cream which can often be lacking in vegetarian diets

as for protein, then just have beans before/after meals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)