Stopped previous trends... (1 Viewer)

Lions_Fist

HSC
No angle between two lines question.
No division of a line question.
No perpendicular distance (don't know if this is ext or not though) question...

Funny because I could have sworn that I'd seen them in the previous 45 papers I'd done...

lisraeli

HSC
I think its the first time theyve asked for 2 projectiles in a HSC before as well

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yeahhhh!
those are the questions i was lookin forward too as well!! lol

oh well, watcha gonna do? lol.

tht projectiles one was a pain ;; i managed to get the first part but not the 2 others. lol

Sober

HSC
Normally there's something on growth and decay as well.
And the projectile motion one was really just random algebra and didn't require the use of any work on projectile motion.

mrxt

HSC
Did anyone notice that 1a) was the same as 2005's?

jon0_o

HSC
yep during my reading time i was thinking that about 1a .. can't believe they repeated a question ... and there was a growth and decay i think .. something about (y-3) .. but it was really short 3 marks overall i think

P

pLuvia

Yeh, pretty random test I thought, none of that usual stuff

bboyelement

HSC
yeh for the projectile i looked at the equation and thought hmmm... no x and y's so you must somehow equate them, then I looked at the L squared, and i thought it must be square somehow and i got it... its basically you gotta be logical, otherwise i wouldnt have got the projectile out.
and im pissed off i didnt have enough time to finish probability in quest 6 ... i did the first half but ran out of time ... meh

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
yeh, it was crazy how they just randomly decided to throw out all the old trends and stuff.

we always think that we'll be spared, "nah nah, they wont do it to us this year".... looks like they did though .... :(

Definately not a conventional 3unit exam!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
for the projectile motion one .. i just did the pythagoras crap. lol

i equated the equations of the y's and x's
and the did L^2 = blah blah blah. lol

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
All the easy marks weren't there this year. The earlier questions were still alright, but they definitely took longer to do, and in effect not enough time for the rest. They made it really long this year.

CheekyPunk

HSC
yeah, true. i was expecting the giveaway 2 marks from the division of an interval. I was even discussing with my friend on the train that a question like that will be in it.

who cares if 1a) was the same as 2005 =P
i suppose they could have changed it to integrating 1/64 + x^2 haha. not much difference.

also, very little on binomial. no 'find the greatest coefficient" or find the coefficient of x^3.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
I know. So many simple formulae like dividing the line etc that I expected to score easy marks that werent in it. ahhh! so annoying. I worked out 32% of marks I lost. already.

pink668

HSC
a friend of mine said it was written by the same people who wrote the cssa trials...
it got rid of nearly all the trends- esp the esay marks one... argh! why did they do that?

Last edited:

Benmc

HSC
Where the fark was exponential growth and decay. Its usually worth 6 marks in every other year. I rock at them and because there was none of them, i'm going to fail miserably.

B35tY

HSC
There was 2 marks worth, where you had to show that dy/dt satisfies y=i forget.

But yeah, no other G&D, weird.

liltimmy

HSC
pink668 said:
a friend of mine said it was written by the same people who wrote the cssa trials...
it got rid of nearly all the trends- esp the esay marks one... argh! why did they do that?
Alright soo we know who wrote it...now only to get the address of the writers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)