story names (2 Viewers)

blamethesystem

alpha and omega
HSC
i just did my year 11 m. w. - collection of s.s. called "h o l l o w" wasn't that brill- i got 17- which is good coz i was expecting13-15.... but it kinda made me dissapointed- made me think if i hadnt done it all in 24 hours, how much betta it could have been- if only id put in the effort.... hmmmm.... any way my friend called her "Life's a beach" which really suited her piece, but there u go.... good luck all!! :cool:

400miles

blamethesystem said:
i just did my year 11 m. w. - collection of s.s. called "h o l l o w" wasn't that brill- i got 17- which is good coz i was expecting13-15.... but it kinda made me dissapointed- made me think if i hadnt done it all in 24 hours, how much betta it could have been- if only id put in the effort.... hmmmm.... any way my friend called her "Life's a beach" which really suited her piece, but there u go.... good luck all!! :cool:
It's really coincidental... I was just listening to a great Whitlams song called 'Life's A Beach' as I read your message.

Evening Star

It's from Tolkein damnit
HSC
Mine's titled 'Sacrilege'. I'd decided really early on, that it was going to be a single word, and for ages I toyed with the idea of calling it 'Blasphemy'. But Blasphemy is more of a verbal thing in my eyes, so that had to go.

IT'S FINISHED CHICOS! We survived! and I am stuck in studies of religion, but that's beside the point. Kudoes to all Now that it's over, I love this subject. :D

pitted

HSC
N/A
i finally got the title of my work done!!!!
its called
...one day...
it reflects really well with my MW and there is also another notion of a continuum with the elipses before and after the words (i could have explored it in my RS but if the markers cant see it well thats my tough luck but i think they should) also my RS had a few really corny sentences (ok 2) is that bad????

persephone

HSC
mine's called 'Haunted'
it was a last minute title
i told my teacher and he said that it was corny but ok.
but i couldn't think of anything else
handed it in today
so happy!

ally86f

novice
HSC
i thought i would jump on the bandwagon nice and late..

mine was called "trifecta"

i hated it but it fitted well with the fact there were three stories, a few references to trifectas etc etc

i wanted to call it "three short stories to be read in an easy chair with a glass of white...no, red wine"

but my teacher told me there's no room for smartasses

i came up with some equally stupid titles for it but settled on the gay and meaningful trifecta

pity, coz my story was meaningless

just a bit of a laugh really!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Tips I've gathered along the road on titling (is that a word...wait..naming...i'll delete this line..stuff it, I'll just keep it...what a waste of paper) stories:

- It'll come to you (Never worked for me, ever...does that make me an idiot?)

- If you write a sentence that is particularly great, read it over and try to pull a title out of it

- A quote from the main character

- Read the dictionary (Ha! Thanks to Andy. Useless hack...I'm sorry Andy.)

- Name it 'untitled'

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Look, it really doesn't matter how good your title is, as long as you've put thought into it, it's not cliched, and it fits with your work. If you really want, you can have this huge process of finding a layered, relevent, brilliant title, but it's probably best to just get your mw finished and polished.

mugrug

I had several names floating around in my head but then a friend of my mum's who studied philosphy mentioned the concept of "verisimilitude."

I looked up the meaning, saw that it matched perfectly and it became the name of my story. All because of a random word in a conversation *grins*

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
Splinters; distraction and delusion in thirteen fragments.

don't know why the hell i came up with that. but it's odd. hopefully the markers were just itching to read it after a title as elaborate as that.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Mine was easy. Since the story began with "All lands on the earth are the children of Time", and ended with, "For it is true to say that the people of Itzlicama are the children of time, and it is true to say that they shall ever walk upon a ring of fire", my title became - shock horror - "Children of Time"!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)