Strength of 2012 cohorts (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
We're definitely not as strong as some of the previous years, but I wouldn't say we're inferior - I think we can still do better than '11 and we're definitely stronger than '13.
Girra '10 ftw.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
i think my cohort's pretty strong. my school is ranked late-300s so its not super fantastic but im not letting that get me down :D

RishBonjour

HSC
Our 2011 cohort got like the highest marks for our school ( they had a lot of beasts, but many lazy students aswell)
My cohort, will probably get a larger proportion of the group getting high marks, but i doubt anyone will get above 99.5

Examine

same
HSC
But I heard that Ruse doesn't even offer Business as well as Legal.. Because then basically at their school for 2 unit "humanities" subjects, you can only choose Economics, Modern, Ancient, Geography (if there's ever a class for it..) and Girraween's 2012 cohort is pretty inferior to previous cohorts to say the least.
Must of been confused with Baulko then :/

Examine

same
HSC
Baulko offers business, legal and even pdhpel. We offer random subjects too like society and culture. The only subjects we dont offer are standard english and general maths
I heard the basketball team was good. (offtopic)

michaeljennings

HSC
I heard the basketball team was good. (offtopic)
yeaa was heaps good a couple of years ago, this year it was pretty good too. Not sure how theyll go next year. Theres one guy in yr 11 who plays state but other than that I think everyone is fairly average

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
But I heard that Ruse doesn't even offer Business as well as Legal.. Because then basically at their school for 2 unit "humanities" subjects, you can only choose Economics, Modern, Ancient, Geography (if there's ever a class for it..) and Girraween's 2012 cohort is pretty inferior to previous cohorts to say the least.
Yeah, Ruse doesn't offer Business Studies...

Examine

same
HSC
yeaa was heaps good a couple of years ago, this year it was pretty good too. Not sure how theyll go next year. Theres one guy in yr 11 who plays state but other than that I think everyone is fairly average
At swimming carnival you guys get shat on though XD Caso pride!

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah, Ruse doesn't offer Business Studies...
Makes sense for them I reckon. This year at Baulkham Hills out of 28 students who did PDHPE only 6 got a band 6. And out of 15 or so people who did business studies only 4 got a Band 6. And its roughly the same every year for these subjects so if Baulkham Hills didnt offer these two subjects we would have a slightly better percentage of Band 6s for the HSC Rankings

At swimming carnival you guys get shat on though XD Caso pride!
We dominate the athletics carnival!!!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Makes sense for them I reckon. This year at Baulkham Hills out of 28 students who did PDHPE only 6 got a band 6. And out of 15 or so people who did business studies only 4 got a Band 6. And its roughly the same every year for these subjects so if Baulkham Hills didnt offer these two subjects we would have a slightly better percentage of Band 6s for the HSC Rankings
Do they align badly?

And also, Ruse does heaps of other shifty things. ie only letting ~60% of their cohort do ext 2 maths. Not as bad as some schools cough *Malek Fahd* cough.

michaeljennings

HSC
Do they align badly?

And also, Ruse does heaps of other shifty things. ie only letting ~60% of their cohort do ext 2 maths. Not as bad as some schools cough *Malek Fahd* cough.
Yeah they dont align as well as other subjects and also our cohort tends to be a lot bigger than James Ruse's. We have 200 students and if you eliminated the bottom 30 students or so, our percentage of band 6's would be much higher. Most of the students who pick business/pdhpe are the students towards the bottom of the grade anyway so its not surprising that we dont get many band 6's for those subjects

Examine

same
HSC
Confidence for Business Studies has increased. Thanks guys. :D

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Do they align badly?

Dr Intaj Ali (principal)'s Scheme:
- Take in the best Year 10 students to advance into Year 11 based on Year 10 performance, make the others repeat (these kids will end up changing schools)
- Choose subjects for these accepted people (the school chooses it for them) (if you're shit at maths, mate you're doing General)
- Have a smaller cohort
- Kick out newbs
- Make students do subjects according to their strengths only (if you're good at Bio but shit at Chem but wanted to do Chem rather than Bio, MATE you're still doing Bio)

Malek Fahd with 70ish students - Rank 15
Malek Fahd with 100+ students - Ranked in the 30s
Next Year - Malek Fahd with 10 students - Rank - Top 10 :)

On a random note: Does Business Studies align very bad, decent or quite good?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Dr Intaj Ali (principal)'s Scheme:
- Take in the best Year 10 students to advance into Year 11 based on Year 10 performance, make the others repeat (these kids will end up changing schools)
- Choose subjects for these accepted people (the school chooses it for them) (if you're shit at maths, mate you're doing General)
- Have a smaller cohort
- Kick out newbs
- Make students do subjects according to their strengths only (if you're good at Bio but shit at Chem but wanted to do Chem rather than Bio, MATE you're still doing Bio)

Malek Fahd with 70ish students - Rank 15
Malek Fahd with 100+ students - Ranked in the 30s
Next Year - Malek Fahd with 10 students - Rank - Top 10 :)

On a random note: Does Business Studies align very bad, decent or quite good?
Business Studies doesn't align well - for humanities, aligning wise :

Society and Culture < Business Studies < Ancient History < Geography < Legal Studies < Studies of Religion 1 < Modern History < Economics

and BTW, top 5 aligning 2u subjects:

Modern History < Biology < Physics < Chemistry < Economics

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Do they align badly?

Ruse does shifty shit to maximise band 6's like accel-ing Agriculture, SDD/IPT
Sydney Boys accels. 2u maths to maximies Band 6's but forces those accelerants do 4u anyway.. WTF
NSB and NSG accels. IPT

Baulko only accelerates economics (right?) which is a pretty hard subject compared to those that Ruse and others etc. do so they probs don't get "EASY" band 6's through accelerants and propel themselves up the league tables..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)