stress relief (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
this might sound a bit stupid but dont take it the wrong way either, but when im off my bum, out of the house and doing something i feel so much better than when im stuck at home. im happier and less worry-full. im actually stoked about uni starting because its another thing i can do with my time! i enrolled in spanish class, i got a new job and yeah =)
im the happiest little muchkin!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The unfortunate cycle with anxiety is, you have a panic attack, and then you'll live in fear of having another panic attack until you do have one. And in the meantime, you try to avoid going to certain places in fear of triggering one, or places where you'll feel totally helpless if you start to panic. You have a 'zone' of safety and going anywhere outside that zone is difficult (it's essentially agoraphobia).

For me it's not extreme. I still get out and do stuff, and exercise fairly regularly, but they can come on whenever I'm not expecting them. For example I was in a restaurant the other night, and I was suddenly and for no apparent reason overcome with panic , I started hyperventilating, had an uncontrollable urge to run out, so I did.

I don't think I've ever wanted to just be a regular, normal, boring jo-blo in my whole life more than I do now. :(

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i dont understand. how do panic attacks start in the first place? does something really horrible need to happen to you or do they just start gradually until it becomes really bad?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It's often triggered by stress, emotion, depression, whatever. The body releases adrenaline as it would if you were in a scary situation. Your rational mind knows there's no danger, but your body doesn't. That's why it's so hard to calm down.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
you should get professional assistance Sam. a head message is great. go to a hairdresser and get your hair shampooed. best feeling ever. sometimes better than sex.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
- warm bath, while listening to music (make sure it's not dangerous to do so.. ie. don't let water touch the radio/cdplayer etc)
- good quality sleep free of distractions (that is, if you can fall asleep without forcing yourself into the trap of extreme dead-ends of stress)
- give yourself a massage

tlodg

HSC
N/A
don't talk to anyone

better to talk to something that doesn't reply you back

so they can't hurt you anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)