stress relief (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Lundy said:
I've had exactly that for quite a while.
again, its most probably your back my love.
some good stretches for now (but they wont be much good until youre loosened up by a physio or some other means):
>hug yourself. it'll help your back as well as your self-esteem :p!! but itll stretch out your upperback
>do those ones you see olivia newton-john doing in the lets get physical clip - arm over your head, and bend over. stretching down your side.
>also things like twisting your torso can help.

also, also use heatpacks!!!!! it'll help your muscles stop being so tense

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
I'm a compulsive worrier and prone to anxiety attacks
There must be something that triggers the anxiety that you're constantly feeling. I'd like to ask, what is it that triggers it?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Riviet said:
There must be something that triggers the anxiety that you're constantly feeling. I'd like to ask, what is it that triggers it?
Eh. Like I said, ever since I was little I've had a very nervous disposition. I don't think anything really 'triggers' it. Unfortunately it's just my nature. Although over the past couple of years I've had a great deal of personal drama and the emotional baggage that goes with it. Add to this I've had depression the past year and a half, and I think this has all contributed in some way or another.

Keen

MD
HSC
Probably the best thing (my anxiety has been getting worse and worse since I started uni - never had it before was the least anxious person in the world) is hypnotherapy, or meditation.
In the words of Billy Connolly (god) "If you don't know how to meditate at least try to spend some time every day just sitting."

Actually he has some great life lessons if you want to read them all: http://humour.200ok.com.au/billy_wisdom.html

Keen

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah I've had a lot of chest pain lately. A few days ago I was basically confined to my bed for two days straight because it was painful to even sit up.

Keen

MD
HSC
iambored said:
I get the chest pain as well, I can't believe other people get it. No doctors I have been to know for sure what it is or what causes it so I thought it was very rare.
No doctor knows, interesting?

For your information what your experiencing is probably 'precordial catch' and is sometimes known as effort (Da Costa's) syndrome.
At a guess, google it and see.

Keen

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Keen said:
No doctor knows, interesting?

For your information what your experiencing is probably 'precordial catch' and is sometimes known as effort (Da Costa's) syndrome.
At a guess, google it and see.

Keen
Thanks I will. I have had it checked out and have never got a definitive answer.

edit: some of the symptoms sound similar (lower chest, on inhaling) but some different (this can last for 1/2 and hour to an hour, it's ongoing, it's more pronounced on but not always just on inhaling)

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The diagnosis: my anxiety is biological in nature and not reactionary (i.e. it's not caused by anything in particular). I've been prescribed anti-depressants, will have to stay on them for at least 6 months and then begin extended psychotherapy sessions. Yay. :rolleyes:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Lundy said:
The diagnosis: my anxiety is biological in nature and not reactionary (i.e. it's not caused by anything in particular). I've been prescribed anti-depressants, will have to stay on them for at least 6 months and then begin extended psychotherapy sessions. Yay. :rolleyes:
ew
i had a majorly stressful day today but i dont know over what. argh. i dont want it back. my back is killing me and chronic headache and just feel ill and crap :(:(:(:(

its kinda awesome though. i dont eat when im stressed. im glad im not one of those peeps who eats more. otherwise id be an obese mofo :(:(:(

I HATE THIS SHIT

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good luck, who did you go to to find that out?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Usually I eat more when I'm stressed but lately I've been getting panic attacks that can last anywhere from an hour up to an entire day, where I can't stomach any food at all.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
melimoo said:
youve got what ive got i think. i used to get horrid pain like that, and everytime i breathed i though i was gonna die. like stabbing. and it was just one side at a time. your back muscles in your thorasic (sp?) spine are all tight and knotty and shit from stress/anxiety probably. this is giving you referred pain into your ribs and chest. .
That happens to me sometimes, its so painful. The first time it happened I thought it was going to die too, the pain lasted for ages, I had to breathe slowly because it hurt so much to breathe properly.
For the past few months I've been having pain/discomfort under my ribs on my right side and in the back of my chest.The doctor reckons it some muscular thing too, from stress,I hope shes right.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i was a bit narky recently. which has gone, to be replaced by my "chillax" self again. i think the best thing to do is do SOMETHING with SOMEONE. as long as you're with someone you can talk to and you're out and about its good. actually sometimes just talking to someone is a good idea. i have friends who i call who are like "omg not you again" but we chat for hours about stuff and afterwards i realise things are heaps better than they looked initially.
and do something bummish. watch a really good video or dvd. not something sad but something funny or interesting. it'll take your mind off things.

then again, you guys are talking about serious stress issues and im talking about just stress so i dont think im being useful haha :p

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you know what solves stress?

pizza
beanbags
your favourite drink to have with pizza
dvd movie
fan on in the background

and then beer :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC

pizza
beanbags
dvd movie
fan on in the background

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC

pizza
beanbags
dvd movie
fan on in the background

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
sounds good josie, but I'll swap the beer for vodka:)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Natstar - when you say 'anxiety attacks', what exactly do you mean?

I've only recently (in the past few months) started having panic attacks. It usually starts when my heart palpitates or starts pounding, then I'll get hot flushes, start to feel dizzy and as though I'm going to faint, and I'll get a pain or tightness in my chest, numbness in my arm, and I feel as though I have no control and I'm going to drop dead at any moment. They're really fucking scary to go through, but lately I can tell when one is coming and I can usually stop it from becoming worse with breathing exercises. I haven't started on meds yet but hopefully they'll help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)