• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stress? (1 Viewer)

Norma.Jean

HSC
Now this question might seem a bit personal to some people but I'm just wondering has anyone suffered the stress the of exams?
There has been a few people I know at my school who have broken down during a class and it's really confronting. The same thing happened to me only a week ago and the thing is, I wonder how many people come to school look all happy chappy but then go home and do a complete 180??
If so, how do you cope with this most of the time?
I feel because to be honest I do struggle with some subjects and that sometimes I do feel like a failure, although momentarily, I don't know how to get around that...even through my tedious amounts of study I commit to

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Put Prelim into perspective - it means nothing.
Put HSC into perspective - it only means getting into Uni.

Uni is where it starts.

Work hard, but hard enough to get into your course, learn to study efficiently and don't force yourself to study unless you have a want to study.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
who HASN'T suffered stress from exams.
i do the whole 180 thing all the time (not much anymore though cos internal assessments are long over).
i can't really tell you specifically how to sort of get around it, but it helps to think about what you're striving for in the end.

JB10

HSC
Give me a break... There is far more to life than these exams. Maybe one day you'll realise that.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
JB10 said:
Give me a break... There is far more to life than these exams. Maybe one day you'll realise that.
Well, we're teenagers
What more is there to our lives?
Our lives pretty much revolve around completing school at the moment, and the better you do in your exams, the better uni you get into
Which is what the next part of our lives will revolve around

SO the exams are quite important
It's not like we've got anything better to do

Norma.Jean

HSC
tommykins said:
Put Prelim into perspective - it means nothing.
Put HSC into perspective - it only means getting into Uni.

Uni is where it starts.

Work hard, but hard enough to get into your course, learn to study efficiently and don't force yourself to study unless you have a want to study.
I know what what you mean but still it doesn't stop people from breaking down or becoming one big stress ball no matter how many times we can reiterate that fact to them. I mean to some people this is such a major part of their life and they don't see the big picture in perspective like you said. There will always be options available to you if you do happen to bomb HSC...

Norma.Jean

HSC
JB10 said:
If you in fact referring to me as one day "i'll realise that", then that is such a silly remark on your part. Of course I know that there is more to life but as i mentioned in my response to Tommy(sorry going of memory here if i'm wrong here) this is actually quite important to OTHER people. So quit being ignorant to the people around you...

JB10

HSC
youngminii said:
Well, we're teenagers
What more is there to our lives?
Our lives pretty much revolve around completing school at the moment, and the better you do in your exams, the better uni you get into
Which is what the next part of our lives will revolve around

SO the exams are quite important
It's not like we've got anything better to do
You can achieve anything you want to, getting 82% rather than 70% in your ancient history exam isn't going to make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

If you get married.. Have kids.. Lose a loved one, you'll look back at these exams and realise they hold about 1/1,000th of the importance that many other things do.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Stress?

Norma.Jean said:
I know what what you mean but still it doesn't stop people from breaking down or becoming one big stress ball no matter how many times we can reiterate that fact to them. I mean to some people this is such a major part of their life and they don't see the big picture in perspective like you said. There will always be options available to you if you do happen to bomb HSC...
Uh, hence I said - put it into perspective?

JB10

HSC
Norma.Jean said:
If you in fact referring to me as one day "i'll realise that", then that is such a silly remark on your part. Of course I know that there is more to life but as i mentioned in my response to Tommy(sorry going of memory here if i'm wrong here) this is actually quite important to OTHER people. So quit being ignorant to the people around you...
I'm referring to anyone willing to listen.

ratcher0071

HSC
Which job would be better?

A job where you have fun and enjoy yourself?
OR
A job where you sit behind a desk all day, listening to your boss' orders?

Last edited:

JB10

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
Which job would be better?

A job where have fun and enjoy yourself?
OR
A job where you sit behind a desk all day, listening to your boss' orders?
Exactly.. Just do what makes you happy, i know that's easier said than done but as long as you have a family you love and a bit of spare money to enjoy yourself - everything will be fine. :cool:

Ah well, I guess if you wanna stress - stress.. In the end it's not going to solve anything and you're only disadvantaging yourself..

Just enjoy life!! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! woooooo

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Wow Norma I thought I was the only one who would act happy at school, come hope then be really depressed/stressed out.

jaychouf4n

HSC
Stress=Good

Means I get so scared by the prospect of an exam that I actually study :)

HSC
N/A
everyone has different ways of handling stress, if you don't find a way to handle it, it will make you suffer. If i'm starting to stress over school i go to gym or surf for an hour then come back all happy and can get the job done :)

jazzbaby

HSC
yeah i get stressed quite alot thesedays :(
the other day i got 16/20 for my legal essay and i broke down in front of the entire class.

i dont even know why
LOL
i smashed most of the people in my class

lol
i donno
little things get too me in a big way
if that makes sense?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Stress?

littlebigpsycho said:
everyone has different ways of handling stress, if you don't find a way to handle it, it will make you suffer. If i'm starting to stress over school i go to gym or surf for an hour then come back all happy and can get the job done :)
Listen to this post.

jet

Banned
HSC
I tend to stress all the time. I don't know whether its just me or i got it from my parents but i can't help it. Even when i do every subject I love, regardless of the fact that some people don't like me doing music [the physics/music debate of 2007].

Stress can be good at motivating and in someways it helps distract me from some of my life problems during the two weeks that i have exams, but i dont see the point in living life all wound up. Sure, stress during exams, but otherwise, chillax. I make sure that I still have fun once in a while.
School is ultimately meant to make us better people, though what is the point if you come out all up tight and nervous, and have no fun. I see all my friends study their asses off and go to tutor for hours, but in the end, all i see is someting which is not good for them.

People could go on for this for hours, and that is one of the big criticisms of the HSC, though, is there really any other way? It is trying to find people that are good academically, and what other type of system could measure this?

I may have gone over my limit, though this is how i feel.

Norma.Jean

HSC
Shoom, i know it's completely weird. Like to be honest I really wonder how many people it does affect "behind closed doors" but agreeing with what littlebigpsycho said when I get stressed as well, i go to the gym and work it all out and then i feel so good afterwards i am able to continue.
And I can burn off those fat fat calories :D

JB10

HSC
jazzbaby said:
yeah i get stressed quite alot thesedays :(
the other day i got 16/20 for my legal essay and i broke down in front of the entire class.

i dont even know why
LOL
i smashed most of the people in my class

lol
i donno
little things get too me in a big way
if that makes sense?
You're pathetic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)