stressing on not stressing! (1 Viewer)

jazzythezoo

HSC
hey guys,

ok so im pretty comfortable with year 12, im doing 10 units, have 3 major projects to complete(eng ext2, art major, cafs irp), i write study notes everyday (summary of what i did in class everyday), since dropping 2 subjects i have many free periods where i will complete all homework, study a little, or continue work with my majors...and im VERY organised where it almost makes people sick, and i find i actually have alot of free time because of the way i organise my time.

however, when teachers or students ask how im coping and i respond positively, they immediately tell me if im not stressing im clearly not doing enough. im satisfied with the amount i do for each subject, i know my stuff, i continue to do lots of research if theres something im unsure about and maintain a strong relationship with my teachers and refer back to them frequently whenever i need help. but im all good, no stress, free time, all smiles...why must i stress about year 12??

dont get me wrong, i care very much about my future and where im going, but i understand that the HSC is NOT the end of the world. i am usually a high achiever and score in the top 5 of each of my subjects and in regards to how i think i will perform for the HSC, i think ill do fine, i dont have any specific goal just incase i dont get it and be big time disappointed, but should i be worried that im a lil carefree about school?

i have tried two study methods in the past and the difference is significant. i used to wake up at 2 am and study for 2 hours then at lunch id study in the library, go home, sleep, then study. I again wasnt stressed by doing this but i thought it would help. WRONG! i then decided not to care and waste my time drinking my study notes - i wrote notes read them a few times, put them away, slept well, woke up, read my notes one last time, went to school, completed my exams...and tah dah, the best results i had ever recieved. BIG difference in marks compared to the last time, and of course more free time to do other things.

im starting to occupy my mind not with school work or study, but the fact that im completely worry free and not overly confident but comfortable with my flexible routine. im sick of people going crazy over the hsc, i know people who have aleady cried because of the amount of stress they are going through. should i be worried? or should i just block these people out?

are you guys at all stressed?

NewiJapper

HSC
Personally I am stressed to an extent but not to the point of ripping my hair out lol. I feel pressure on myself to do well in HSC but whenever I get too stressed I go do some exercise or killing something on Modern Warfare 2 to release my study angst :D

It's work so far that is... haha

K

Kozak92

If you're getting good grades then you are doing things right.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you give yourself realistic goals, and put in enough effort to reach them, then you shouldn't really feel stressed at all. It sounds like this is what your doing, which is great.

spence

HSC
If your teachers are telling you that you should be stressing then frankly, they are shit teachers

5233andy

HSC
Enjoy high school while it lasts! I wouldn't mind doing the HSC again, to be frank...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Enjoy high school while it lasts! I wouldn't mind doing the HSC again, to be frank...
I dare you to do it :p

Im 100% sure uni will be better, not in the start, but after like a semester or so.

Most people I know love uni. :hammer:

5233andy

HSC
I dare you to do it :p

Im 100% sure uni will be better, not in the start, but after like a semester or so.

Most people I know love uni. :hammer:
Too late, I've already started my course and dropping it would mean that all that study would be a waste. You may think that Uni is better, i.e. easy going, you can do whatever you want whilst study at the same time, etc etc.. However, it isn't the case and if it was, it would probably be a course to failure.

I'm sitting here, trying to figure what I should include in my notes, always fearing that I'm never gonna cover everything. No body in Uni cares about you, whereas back in HS, you're constantly getting advice from teachers, lots and lots of handouts, copying off the board, etc. Here, you get nothing...

x_ekooC

HSC
I am doing my HSC again. I'm not stressing all that much. I'm keeping on top of what I need to, have an effective study programme ( I think anyway) and achieving top marks. Increased stress levels in two weeks for half yearly's though :(

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sitting here, trying to figure what I should include in my notes, always fearing that I'm never gonna cover everything. No body in Uni cares about you, whereas back in HS, you're constantly getting advice from teachers, lots and lots of handouts, copying off the board, etc. Here, you get nothing...
Kinda sounds like our school tbh, but making notes for HSC isnt too bad.

Just go over your lecture notes, I think the uni might put them on the student portal or whatever its called, and ask questions in tutorials.

You basically need to know everything now, which also sucks, i agree.

K

Kozak92

Too late, I've already started my course and dropping it would mean that all that study would be a waste. You may think that Uni is better, i.e. easy going, you can do whatever you want whilst study at the same time, etc etc.. However, it isn't the case and if it was, it would probably be a course to failure.

Maybe cause you chose a double degree though?

student6625

HSC
I shouldn't need to feel that stressed since I don't need a very high ATAR to get into the course/s I'm planning to do. But somehow I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself anyway just for the sake of getting really good results so I do get stressed quite often. :cry:

johNNyboy772

HSC
yeah well its good - stress pushes you to new heights :)

feel the stress....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)