strictly ONE related text? (1 Viewer)

elliots

HSC
section I said "refer to ONE related text"

does this mean ONE and only ONE... or could you write about 2?

do you think writting about 2 will effect the marks severely?

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
yup it wanted a essay which was 50/50 between prescribed and ur related as to show u have done extensive study into the concept of the module.

Kew

HSC
I prepared strictly for two texts with my responses, so you can imagine how pissed I was when I saw that part of the question..
However my second related text was basically about 'world issues' explored in my Module of Dialogue, so it went so well with it. :)

I was just a little annoyed since I basically had to forget all the stuff I learnt over one of my other ones. Ugh.

Sew2289

HSC
So Glad it was only one. Could easily balance the amount of information I wrote between the prescribed and the related. Wrote like 9 pages and finished it in 35 minutes giving myself some extra time for Module B.

savio23q

Band
HSC
I had 2 prepared but time only allowed me to use one. My second one was a bit weaker than the first one so I dont care that i didn't get to use it. I used the short film "Doll Face" (can be viewed on youtube, its about 4-5 mins) and was PLANNING to use The Dove Evolution advertisement.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i was quite happy with the one related text thing, my 2nd related text was crappy and I spent the whole weekend freaking out about it . . .

Hodgeyboy2505

HSC
This bit pissed me off becauser i had ut soo much effort into the two related texts
i wrote in detail about both related texts regardless of the ONE written on the question

Fuck You BoS, You've ruined my english exam with your gay arse supplementary reccomendations

xJennax

HSC
I was so glad I only had to have one related text for dialogue lol. I ended up doing about 2 thirds on The Club and then 1 third on my related.

elliots

HSC
very nice to all of u

but i didnt ask for your life stories about how god blessed you with the perfect related text.

can anyone answer my question?

is it going to effect my mark alot?

Kew

HSC
Lol. It unfortunately means one, & only ONE.

Note the capitals they used, providing emphasis!
Oh my god shoot me now as the effects of English still linger...

jeckooo16

HSC
it definately meant one
but im sure that they wont mind dramatically if u put two because when it comes down to it they mark you on how well youve answered the question..
i only wrote one another related material but at times i slotted my other related material to show that you've done some "extensive" study lol
but yeh they meant really one

matthewford

HSC
I used 2 related texts.
One of them just very brief though.
Don't think it would effect the marks much.
They might just mark the first related text they see and ignore the other one.
Thats just my guess.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
this was the first year they have asked for more then one in std... each year has said at least one.

I used one for section one and two for section 3.

Luckily i prepared for two in section 3, and only one in section 1, wouldve been screwed otherwise.

Kew

HSC
matthewford said:
I used 2 related texts.
One of them just very brief though.
Don't think it would effect the marks much.
They might just mark the first related text they see and ignore the other one.
Thats just my guess.

I've always been told obey the amount of related texts they offer - & if you do two when they ask specifically for ONE, well, that's just a bunch of time you could have used to write more about the first related/prescribed text (& being an English exam marker I'm sure they wouldn't be impressed with that!). With their positive marking scheme, think of the extra marks that could have achieved!

savio23q

Band
HSC
Kew said:
I've always been told obey the amount of related texts they offer - & if you do two when they ask specifically for ONE, well, that's just a bunch of time you could have used to write more about the first related/prescribed text (& being an English exam marker I'm sure they wouldn't be impressed with that!). With their positive marking scheme, think of the extra marks that could have achieved!
Andy, stop being a dick :p I don't think they're gonna punish anyone for having 2 texts. As you said...positive marking scheme, so they're gonna mark everything they see on that paper from the plan all the way to the conclusion.

People who used 2 related texts DONT STRESS I don't think it will affect you that much. What's done is done. There's no use of crying about it now.

P.S Kew, get off and go study for maths!!

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Ahh I didn't read the question properly
I thought it asked for at least one
But doesn't matter anyway, I didn't write much about second text

Arithela

HSC
you WILL be punished if you do more than one text if they ask for only ONE! thats like not answering the question

KhyryKay

HSC
i was happy. our teacher never told us we needed a second text. which let our whole class down for the module c part. but oh well.

english is over =]

lost1

HSC
Damn I didnt even realise it said 'only ONE'...hehe I only had i related text prepared anyways so it was all good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)