STUCK!- Speech/Exposition. (1 Viewer)

B.O.R.E.D.

HSC
In my english class we currently have to write a speech/exposition 1000-1500 (not long enough if you ask me), im stuck for topic ideas... good ones that is. I had a few ideas but i wasn't sure, i want this one to be good. I want to show my teacher how good i can be.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on what type of speaker you are. There's two main options you can go for:

1. Pick something that your passionate about, and have a firm position on. If you stick with your viewpoint and make a convincing argument, you should do well. This is the easiest way to score well.

3. Pick a topic that is not overtly political, economical, ethical or moral in its content. It could be the advocation of something mundane, such as the usefulness of pockets for example. Be creative if your going to go with this, but be able to justify your choice. This option is harder, but could easily make the better speech if done with flair and orginality.

B.O.R.E.D.

HSC
It depends on what type of speaker you are. There's two main options you can go for:

1. Pick something that your passionate about, and have a firm position on. If you stick with your viewpoint and make a convincing argument, you should do well. This is the easiest way to score well.

3. Pick a topic that is not overtly political, economical, ethical or moral in its content. It could be the advocation of something mundane, such as the usefulness of pockets for example. Be creative if your going to go with this, but be able to justify your choice. This option is harder, but could easily make the better speech if done with flair and orginality.
Thanks, i don't have to stand up and speak it so im all good with that, Thanks for the help( again haha ) i was thinking about the swine flu, Overreaction or Underreaction

klaris

HSC
As, Absolutezero said, choose something you have a passion for, you want to make your point and be concise. Also, having an amusing topic can be helpful as it is easy/simple to execute and will be light. No war, politics or world crisis issues. A mundane topic might be your thing, but it is most likely for an assessment task (haha) then you'll be given the topic on the day and have to write the exposition/speech in class-time.

But if its a class assignment/pratice for exam and you're stuck for a topic then (as stated above) choose something that you're passionate about or is simply amusing as people like humour and relate to it easily. On the other hand if you do bomb out it won't really matter as it isn't the assessment task/exam

But that's just my opinion.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just don't pick a topic because it's 'funny' though. Humour is all about making mudane everyday topics interesting. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)