Student Activity Fees... (1 Viewer)

The_Adonis

HSC
hahahaha believe me mate there isnt more to the story..
It was an open and shut case in my eyes...

Basically what happened is that I sent about 5 letters all up to the ppl that issue out the fine...
The first letter we sent off and didn't get a reply for 4-6 weeks and I had assumed everything was getting sorted....
Then it all went to crap again, basically after sometime they told us that we had to sort it out with the university, which i was like sweet, they have the registration of the car on record as well as the date of purcahse and all that kind of stuff...

So my dad rang because I the car is registered in his name and he spoke to this guy and he was very helpful but said that the parking dude checked all over the car and that even though the registration is recorded within the university... THE FINE STANDS...
So, I rang again to speak to the guy the next week, and this dumb old hag answered and told me that she couldn't help me, and that I had to talk to the other guy, and that he wasn't going to be in for some time...
She said she couldn't help me, and I rang the specific section that referred to these matters...
And i told her about taking the matter to court and what not, and she said to me that it wasnt worth my effort and that the fine should be paid coz thats easier and no guarantee id win because it was my word against his, even though I had the parking sticker on the front of my goddam car....
She blamed me for taking so long to fix the problem, even though it took so long because I was stalled by the other parking comission who I originally thought would handle it....
She also said that while she knows I OWNED and PAID for the goddam sticker, I couldve lent it to a friend as it is not owner specific and can be transferred...

And then the due date had come and I had received extensions already, Dad paid the fine so that it wasnt outstanding in his name while I was away on a 2 week holiday...

Seriously for the effort of taking it to court, the 70 bucks wasnt worth the increase in blood pressure

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
If you want your SAF invoice, and haven't received it (apparently a lot of people haven't), give the SES office a call (or an email), quote your student number, and they'll send it out to you...

Phone :+61 2 9850 6410
email: sesinfo@mq.edu.au

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Skittled said:
If you want your SAF invoice, and haven't received it (apparently a lot of people haven't), give the SES office a call (or an email), quote your student number, and they'll send it out to you...

Phone :+61 2 9850 6410
email: sesinfo@mq.edu.au
i just commented on this in another thread, thanks for the numbers

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
marchetta said:
I know, eh? They charge for water at that burger place at sam, yet I can get it free from maccas...
That's because they can afford to give water...peanuts in cost considering they have the masses hooked on what one can barely call food.

*hopeful*

HSC
i just realised i still havent paid it........has anyone been fined the 200 bux for late payment ?

X

xeuyrawp

*hopeful* said:
i just realised i still havent paid it........has anyone been fined the 200 bux for late payment ?
I was actually in a LAW lecture today, and I heard some people talking about it, and about 5 of them hadn't paid them yet, but managed to get out of the late fee due to no invoice arriving. I'd get ontop of it quickly, though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I was actually in a LAW lecture today, and I heard some people talking about it, and about 5 of them hadn't paid them yet, but managed to get out of the late fee due to no invoice arriving. I'd get ontop of it quickly, though.
wtf it's already due??? i don't know wtf is going on, when was the invoice due, when is the payment due and how do i know if it has been paid or not because not only have i not seen an invoice i haven't seen anything saying it's due, it's been paid or the payment is late

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
wtf it's already due??? i don't know wtf is going on, when was the invoice due, when is the payment due and how do i know if it has been paid or not because not only have i not seen an invoice i haven't seen anything saying it's due, it's been paid or the payment is late
The people at the office know that there has been something wrong with the computer mailing system and are aware of people not recieving their invoices. You wont be fined for late fees.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bscienceboi said:
The people at the office know that there has been something wrong with the computer mailing system and are aware of people not recieving their invoices. You wont be fined for late fees.
ok thanks, where can i find out when it was due? is it on the site because i can't find it.

*hopeful*

HSC
it wuz due like the week b4 uni startd...i think on the 29th of july

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, thats why i always pay up front at the beginning to save me hassling over that stuff later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)