Student Record at School Query (1 Viewer)

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know when you transfer schools if your school record goes with you?
E.g. records of suspensions and detentions, etc. Does anyone know the process for private-private, public-private and public-public? Are school records private for each school only and other schools, even if you transfer to that school, can't access it? In essence, if you leave a school do you get a fresh start discipline wise?

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Re: Query about Student Record at School

pretty much yeah. but it probably depends on how long it's been since you've done anything particularly bad. i had been suspended in year 7 and had countless afteschool detentions and quite a few disciplinary problems until i moved in early year 9. i went from public to private [catholic] and they didn't really refer to my record at all during the interview. it probably depends on where you want to go and how strict they are.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

gouge.away said:
pretty much yeah. but it probably depends on how long it's been since you've done anything particularly bad. i had been suspended in year 7 and had countless afteschool detentions and quite a few disciplinary problems until i moved in early year 9. i went from public to private [catholic] and they didn't really refer to my record at all during the interview. it probably depends on where you want to go and how strict they are.
refer to your record? so schools have access to records of other schools at will? especially when you change over? i mean after they have accepted you for enrolment, do they check your records and everything before you enter, check reports, disciplinary record, etc?

Last edited:

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

they probably don't have access to the records of other schools, but they'd probably want to look at the reasons why you'd want to enrol, esp. during an interview.

where do you want to get into exactly? the system differs a fair bit between public/private/selective/etc.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

gouge.away said:
they probably don't have access to the records of other schools, but they'd probably want to look at the reasons why you'd want to enrol, esp. during an interview.

where do you want to get into exactly? the system differs a fair bit between public/private/selective/etc.
i am transferring from a public to private. everything has been completed, interview, admissions agreement and so on. however recently i have gotten suspended by this teacher who is intent to ruin every facet of my life. has since she arrived at this school at start of year. is ther any way the other school will find out?

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
mwseaeagles said:
Does anyone know when you transfer schools if your school record goes with you?
E.g. records of suspensions and detentions, etc. Does anyone know the process for private-private, public-private and public-public? Are school records private for each school only and other schools, even if you transfer to that school, can't access it? In essence, if you leave a school do you get a fresh start discipline wise?
Your record stays with you for your whole school career. I can only speak for public to public but it goes with you. Why what are you hiding?

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

well if you're there you're there and the suspension is on your record and the other school probably knows then. as long as it was for something small i don't think it'll particularly matter, because schools are generally lenient towards students who express a genuine desire to start afresh. just keep your nose clean and show that there's no chance of transgressing again and you should be fine.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A
agirlinatutu said:
Your record stays with you for your whole school career. I can only speak for public to public but it goes with you. Why what are you hiding?
well an account of academic dishonesty, plagiarism. so i was just wondering when you switch from school to school, as each has their own system of recording misdemeanour, does only the most elementary items get ransferred, e.g. name, id, and all that?

like considering what i did, will another school im going to find out about that, or not

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

gouge.away said:
well if you're there you're there and the suspension is on your record and the other school probably knows then. as long as it was for something small i don't think it'll particularly matter, because schools are generally lenient towards students who express a genuine desire to start afresh. just keep your nose clean and show that there's no chance of transgressing again and you should be fine.
wait are you serious? how would they know about the offence. how can they access the student record of the student. can anyone explain if this is feasible?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
mwseaeagles said:
well an account of academic dishonesty, plagiarism. so i was just wondering when you switch from school to school, as each has their own system of recording misdemeanour, does only the most elementary items get ransferred, e.g. name, id, and all that?

like considering what i did, will another school im going to find out about that, or not
Well whether the school actually notes it all down formally or not. They are going to know about it. Depending on how serious it was I guess.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A
change from public to private school

can anyone outline the process and what happens when you transfer to a private school? does ur student record, i.e. detentions, suspensions, grades and all that get transferredd?, will they know about it? or fresh start, i.e. new record, new everything ?

cheers

HSC
Re: change from public to private school

usually a reference from say things you've been apart of in school, and a letter from that co-ordinator for example, referral letters from you year co-ordinators and prob current principal.
i know people whom, before they began in any year, had to sit an interview with the principal or equivalent.
as for your marks, it shouldnt really matter altho they will ask for your last report from which ever school you came from. it wouldnt be good to have a suspension on your records... but it depends on which school i suppose but yes they will most likely know about and are aware of your previous records. however, it shouldnt 'carry over' formally to the new school

xo

Last edited:

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

honeyissweet25 said:
usually a reference from say things you've been apart of in school, and a letter from that co-ordinator for example, referral letters from you year co-ordinators and prob current principal.
i know people whom, before they began in any year, had to sit an interview with the principal or equivalent.
as for your marks, it shouldnt really matter altho they will ask for your last report from which ever school you came from. it wouldnt be good to have a suspension on your records... but it depends on which school i suppose but yes they will most likely know about and are aware of your previous records. however, it shouldnt 'carry over' formally to the new school

xo
wel i go to fort street and iv leaving for scots college next year. iv had the interview and reports have already been considered, iv been offered admission already, signed it and am just waiting for next year. however does you record formally transfer over. cos iv gotten suspended over something really stupid and im worried that student records are formally transferred over, i.e. ur disciplinary record and so on.

thanks guyx

HSC

mwseaeagles said:
wel i go to fort street and iv leaving for scots college next year. iv had the interview and reports have already been considered, iv been offered admission already, signed it and am just waiting for next year. however does you record formally transfer over. cos iv gotten suspended over something really stupid and im worried that student records are formally transferred over, i.e. ur disciplinary record and so on.

thanks guyx

then there shouldnt be a problem. it will not formally transfer over to scots. ull pretty much have a clean slate. if uve already been given admission, then you will be fine. unless its been something really serve, they wouldnt really care. and if they had, well you prob wouldnt have been offered a place in the first place... but u have so dont stress ;).

what yr are u in anyways?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

Without Wings said:
mwseaeagles, whilst I know you are anxious to gain an answer there is no need to create 4 copies of this thread asking. All of your threads have been merged into one.
I was wondering why when I replied to this thread there wasnt other comments there. Thanks.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

honeyissweet25 said:
then there shouldnt be a problem. it will not formally transfer over to scots. ull pretty much have a clean slate. if uve already been given admission, then you will be fine. unless its been something really serve, they wouldnt really care. and if they had, well you prob wouldnt have been offered a place in the first place... but u have so dont stress ;).

what yr are u in anyways?
unless it was something really severe? like i just got suspended for fighting, is that severe enough? you mentioned that the record does not formally transfer over and its a clean slate. so that should be fine rite? i mean iv been offered after consideration of my details and interview earlier this year. so yeh im in year 10 transferring to year 11.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC

mwseaeagles said:
unless it was something really severe? like i just got suspended for fighting, is that severe enough? you mentioned that the record does not formally transfer over and its a clean slate. so that should be fine rite? i mean iv been offered after consideration of my details and interview earlier this year. so yeh im in year 10 transferring to year 11.
Your record wont formally transfer meaning that you will have a clean slate, however like it has been said numerous times in this thread, they school is going to be aware of this history, I wouldnt be suprised if they already did. They arent going to reject you now if you have already been interviewed and given a spot.

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

agirlinatutu said:
Your record wont formally transfer meaning that you will have a clean slate, however like it has been said numerous times in this thread, they school is going to be aware of this history, I wouldnt be suprised if they already did. They arent going to reject you now if you have already been interviewed and given a spot.
how would they be aware of it after all the process has been completed. thats what im worried about. i got suspended for fighting and yeh will they no about that?

HSC

mwseaeagles said:
scots is an all boys school, i think the school has seen its fair share of fights :) so dont worry! you'll defiantly be alright for next year!

so to re-cap and put your mind at ease
1)- you've been offered a place.
2)- getting suspended for fighting is not something i recommend you do at scots. but lesson taught lesson learnt. scots will most likely know your academic record and disclipine, extra-circular etc. BUT not a single thing will be formally carried over, so relax :)... all is well.
3)- most schools are fairly understanding and if what you had done at your current school is a one-off, and you generally are an ace student; even if scots is aware of your current suspension, im sure as a one-off they will not change their minds about you. after all they obviously thought you were capable to accept you in the first place.

just don't panic , by the sounds of things you're making yourself worry over nothing... :)

good luck

mwseaeagles

HSC
N/A

honeyissweet25 said:
scots is an all boys school, i think the school has seen its fair share of fights :) so dont worry! you'll defiantly be alright for next year!

so to re-cap and put your mind at ease
1)- you've been offered a place.
2)- getting suspended for fighting is not something i recommend you do at scots. but lesson taught lesson learnt. scots will most likely know your academic record and disclipine, extra-circular etc. BUT not a single thing will be formally carried over, so relax :)... all is well.
3)- most schools are fairly understanding and if what you had done at your current school is a one-off, and you generally are an ace student; even if scots is aware of your current suspension, im sure as a one-off they will not change their minds about you. after all they obviously thought you were capable to accept you in the first place.

just don't panic , by the sounds of things you're making yourself worry over nothing... :)

good luck
yep but what i am wondering if is they will find out? like how will they? can they access my curernt schools records or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)