Student research plan year 10 (1 Viewer)

ellie95

HSC
N/A
Hey Everyone,

I really need some ideas for student research plan. I have been looking all over the internet but I cant seem to find anything.

Any ideas?

Breeby

HSC
I did something about removing bubblegum from clothing. Personally, I think it was pretty sucky but I still had a pretty good mark. I remember my teacher talking about this girl who tested if her cat liked a certain coloured bowl. That's all I can remember. Sorry.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Everyone,

I really need some ideas for student research plan. I have been looking all over the internet but I cant seem to find anything.

Any ideas?
Do a pendulum :) ( it will make you look smart )

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I personally did something along the lines of 'How does temperature affect the pH level of orange juice change over time?' (placed two glasses of OJ in a warm/hot place and a cooler place)

The experimental results weren't so great because the time was so little (like a week or two conducted) and pH wouldn't change over a day or two so there was miniscule effect on pH. (borrowed universal indicator from school)

But, ended up with a brilliant mark nevertheless because I explained things well. Like 61/63 or something. Lost 2 marks on accuracy iirc.

Verify

HSC
Wait... what's this student research plan everyone seems to know about? Does every school do it? :s

Peeik

HSC
Wait... what's this student research plan everyone seems to know about? Does every school do it? :s
You are meant to do a student research task every year form year 7-10.

starshine02

HSC
I did something to do with bread but I can't really remember at the moment.

I do remember this really great one my teacher showed the class from another year and it was something about the colour of a car vs the heat inside the car.

A lot of people did the typical one about style of music and how much a plant grows or something.

starshine02

HSC
The only time I had to do one was in Year 9 but I guess it varies with different schools.

I think we had to write a research report in Year 10 but it was very short.

Peeik

HSC
I thought SRPs are only done in Year 10?

Coz thats what happened for me.
You are "meant" to do a research project with the assistance of a teacher in year 7-8 (stage 4). In year 9-10 (stage 5), the task is to be done individually. But I guess not all schools follow it....dodgy haha :p

ellie95

HSC
N/A
You are "meant" to do a research project with the assistance of a teacher in year 7-8 (stage 4). In year 9-10 (stage 5), the task is to be done individually. But I guess not all schools follow it....dodgy haha :p
I am in year 10 but I am using my sisters BOS account, i found out her password :p

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
mine was about spices and creating bacteria i think or something like that. It was really, really fun and i got good marks and could link my end result to research on how some spices preserve food. And thus then as an idea i linked it to a possible reason why places in hotter regions have hotter foods(to extend the time until they go off).

Breeby

HSC
mine was about spices and creating bacteria i think or something like that. It was really, really fun and i got good marks and could link my end result to research on how some spices preserve food. And thus then as an idea i linked it to a possible reason why places in hotter regions have hotter foods(to extend the time until they go off).
Oooooh fancy!

enoilgam

HSC
Hey Everyone,

Any ideas?
I did mine on "whether the pendulums swing is effected by the length of the string". I think I still have it somewhere.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
My year 8 one was something about "Hydroponic plants grow faster than normal ones", wasn't cheap to get everything ($100 or so) and took time to grow the plants etc. So for my year 10 one i just did heat affecting rate of chemical reactions which was easy because i just had to put effervescent tablets in water of different temps.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
SRPs can be really simple-I got close to full marks on my Yr 8 and Yr 10 one investigating simple things.

Yr8-did the colour icecubes were on affect their melting rate
Yr10-investigating the absorbency of different paper towel brands

It's all about having tight scientific experiment structure.

Also, aren't you in yr 12 atm? (asking for younger sib)?

HSC
I remember doing an SRP in year 10 on measuring the levels of saturated fats in different cooking oils using iodine and determining which one was the healthiest. Learnt heaps of stuff along the way like carbon chemistry, structure of different fats, double bonds and addition reactions etc. Started it quite late but I ended up getting the second highest mark in the whole grade.

My advice is pick something that interests you and is not too popular that heaps of other people are doing it. Just search the internet for ideas.

Last edited:

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
I have never heard of this student research task until this thread and i'm entering year 11 this year lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)