Student Walkout - Sept 5th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsfjgnslkjgbsdl

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
16
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Hey guys

not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but... yea

have any of you heard much about the student walkout on sept 5th?

the info about it is at walkout2stopbush.org.au

whats the consensus on this action here?

IMO it gives us students who choose to a way to demonstate our frustration at GWB's war in iraq and lack of action when it comes to climate change etc

[edit] Email i just got

" On the 5th of Sept all across australia there will be a mass student walkout to show George Bush (who will be in Sydney for the APEC summit) that the students from all across Australia (from high schools, tafes and universities) are opposed to the War in Iraq and his (and lil'bush aka howards) continual support of fossil fuels despite the threat of global warming

For us Sydney siders there will be a rally at belmore park (just opposite central station) at 1PM that day

If you would like to get involved or would simply like more information please visit www.walkout2stopbush.org.au for more details. Also while your there feel free to download and print off some posters and stick them up around your school.

One common belief i thought id adress in this bullitin is that you can be suspended/expelled for participation in a student walkout. This is not true, students take days off all the time if it really worries you then get a note from your parents giving you permission to walkout and if you cant DONT PANIC the most youll get is a stern talking to lol

Just to repeat sept 5, 1 PM, Belmore park (opp. central station)

Please forward this to all of your friends and help spread the word of the walkout!"

so yea i guess if u want to forward it to your friends if you dont want to SHUT UP NO-ONE CARES!!!!!!

if you dont want to come YOU DONT NEED TO!!! no-ones forcing you to do anything so why are you all getting so upset about it?!!! and why would you abuse people who are going?!!
 
Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,623
Location
Miramar, CA
Gender
Male
HSC
2013
Fuck I hate this shit. You aren't old enough to vote, get the fuck over yourselves. No one really cares, they just want a day off school.
 

A High Way Man

all ova da world
Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
1,606
Location
Sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Fuck you. In this case, lame "BuSh Is A BaD GuY!!!" bandwagon hoppers are awesome cause we all know shitter cunts will be in the country at the same time.
 

jimmayyy

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
542
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
gsfjgnslkjgbsdl said:
Hey guys

not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but... yea

have any of you heard much about the student walkout on sept 5th?

the info about it is at walkout2stopbush.org.au

whats the consensus on this action here?

IMO it gives us students who choose to a way to demonstate our frustration at GWB's war in iraq and lack of action when it comes to climate change etc
why don't you guys spend the day in school, get your education and use that to challenge political policies you don't agree with, instead of going and getting your arses kicked by the police in george street?
 

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
7,537
Location
Camden
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
A High Way Man said:
Fuck you. In this case, lame "BuSh Is A BaD GuY!!!" bandwagon hoppers are awesome cause we all know shitter cunts will be in the country at the same time.
I think it's a bit much to suggest that the protestor types are anything even remotely close to 'bandwagon hoppers'...

Seriously...

jimmayyyyy said:
why don't you guys spend the day in school, get your education and use that to challenge political policies you don't agree with, instead of going and getting your arses kicked by the police in george street?
Well because that takes time. Why bother waiting thirty or so years for what may never occur when you might as well try to make even a little bit of difference right now?

it wont even make a difference, why bother
That's not exactly true. I mean, it's a partnership type thing. No-one would have given a crap about global warming and what not if the environmentalist movement hadn't have given it time. Granted, Al Gore's movie had a lot more to do with it than any protest movement, but the movements still played their part. Same can be said about opposition to the Iraq war, Aboriginal intervention blah blah blah blah. They might not make a huge difference, but they do make at least a little bit of difference. I think that wanting to create change, no matter how you go about it, is pretty darn admirable.

And there's waaay too many cliches flowing about these threads nowadays.
 

jimmayyy

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
542
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well because that takes time. Why bother waiting thirty or so years for what may never occur when you might as well try to make even a little bit of difference right now?
yes, i'm quite certain when President Bush glances fleetingly out the window down at the sydney streets and sees a bunch of 15 year olds jigging school and concentrating on getting in front of the tv cameras, his next thought will be to pull out of iraq.
 

sinistah

procrastinator =D
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Messages
19
Location
in bed la
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
who the fk cares. stfu and stay in school and learn something.

u achieve bugger all when protesting and u just waste the time of the copz!
 

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
4,153
Location
falling from grace with god
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
Nebuchanezzar said:
Well because that takes time. Why bother waiting thirty or so years for what may never occur when you might as well try to make even a little bit of difference right now?
That's what's wrong with our generation, we want everything right now :D
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,101
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Yeah, because the best way to fix world poverty is to throw molotovs at a conference where world leaders are discussing strategies to cope with it.
 

mable

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
35
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
yep thats exactly it...seriously this is what is wrong with the world people sit back and moan about the state of the world and the government (not saying u ppl do) and then complain about the ppl who are passionate about something and want to actually try and prove a point in the only way they can. WE have the right to protest but even that right is being taken away..the whole goddam city is being blocked off... so get over it why on earth would you support all that money being spent on some of the wealthiest "people" in the world and their fucked up regimes.
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,101
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
mable said:
yep thats exactly it...seriously this is what is wrong with the world people sit back and moan about the state of the world and the government (not saying u ppl do) and then complain about the ppl who are passionate about something and want to actually try and prove a point in the only way they can. WE have the right to protest but even that right is being taken away..the whole goddam city is being blocked off... so get over it why on earth would you support all that money being spent on some of the wealthiest "people" in the world and their fucked up regimes.
Under the regimes the organisers of these protests advocate the rich get poorer and the poor just starve. I don't complain because you're passionate, I complain because these protests are going to cause a fucktonne of property damage, and because you're wrong.
 

mable

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
35
Gender
Female
HSC
2007
withoutaface said:
Under the regimes the organisers of these protests advocate the rich get poorer and the poor just starve. I don't complain because you're passionate, I complain because these protests are going to cause a fucktonne of property damage, and because you're wrong.
thats a very simplistic way of seeing it, the protestors are advocating more than just the fact that the "rish get poorer and the poor just starve" yes thats part of it but so much more needs to and will be said. and these protests would not get anywhere near as out of hand and violent as the government and police maintain if their involvement in them wasnt so violent and totalitarian...
 

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
2,085
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
mable said:
yep thats exactly it...seriously this is what is wrong with the world people sit back and moan about the state of the world and the government (not saying u ppl do) and then complain about the ppl who are passionate about something and want to actually try and prove a point in the only way they can. WE have the right to protest but even that right is being taken away..the whole goddam city is being blocked off... so get over it why on earth would you support all that money being spent on some of the wealthiest "people" in the world and their fucked up regimes.
Blocking off the city is not about getting rid of the right to protest. You'll notice that the police are allowing protests. The blocking off of the city is about preventing high-profile, democratically elected leaders of key Australian allies from being harmed or threatened.
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,101
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
mable said:
thats a very simplistic way of seeing it, the protestors are advocating more than just the fact that the "rish get poorer and the poor just starve" yes thats part of it but so much more needs to and will be said. and these protests would not get anywhere near as out of hand and violent as the government and police maintain if their involvement in them wasnt so violent and totalitarian...
So you admit that, under socialism, everyone's worse off?

I think we're done here.
 

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,391
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
The G20 riots and that Dan Jones cunt started all of this and essentially CAUSED this barrier to be put up and all these extra measures to be taken. It's all because a bunch of washed up teary eyed kids who grew up watching protests against Vietnam want to be the next fucking Jack Mundie and it's NOT going to work.
They're going to have "exclusion zones" for people deemed "unacceptable". The AFP basically have dirt files on protesters telling them not to turn up to protests or there will be fucked.

I'd dare say the newspaper reports about G20 were entirely inaccurate considering on the day with the most 'violent' rioting was on the Saturday 18th and the most serious injury sustained by anyone was a sprained wrist from a police officer. If a Victorian charged with any offence from the G20 travels to NSW for APEC there bail conditions stipulate they stay out of New South Wales... almost a year after and they haven't been tried yet... no proof in a law court of the 'crimes' they allegedly committed.

It's just bullshit.

I think the greatest thing to come out of this whole APEC thing (And believe me I'd be the first to rally forward for the right of people to protest any form of Government action, but these assholes support more government...) is this water cannon... you see at least then some of these bastards will get a wash.
The water cannon cost $700 000. I'd rather the Little Italy Mafia-controlled Iemma-Tripodi-Costa-Sator foursome reduced stamp duty, or ran a balanced budget, or weren't complete sacks of shit (completely impossible). More public-private partnerships for all!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top