• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Student Walkout - Sept 5th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
4,153
Location
falling from grace with god
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
I see the protests as win-win, either hippies get hurt, or in the extremely unlikely event that they're phenomenally successful, a bunch of world leaders get hurt, and what wouldn't be cool about that?
 

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
951
Location
Glebe
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Riet said:
Fuck I hate this shit. You aren't old enough to vote, get the fuck over yourselves. No one really cares, they just want a day off school.
I always wenton these protests when it was a school day
 

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
5,959
Location
Antarctica
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
I think the simple answer to to what you're trying to say is that modern protesting in the style of Vietnam-era rallies is inaffective, much in the same way that advertising in the style of the 60's etc is ineffective.
 

banco55

Active Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
1,577
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Jesus! said:
While the reletive merits of getting 'poorer' and getting 'richer' under different economic strategies is contested I don't agree with property damage and don't support the masked feral protesters.

It is convenient for people such as withoutaface to paint anyone left of them as socialist (or any poor naive school kid who thinks protesting is a good idea). It avoids complicated arguments that he and others are not equipped to engage in.
I think you'll find very few of the protestors are capable of engaging in complicated arguments.
 

iamsickofyear12

Active Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
3,960
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Why would you protest against George Bush. He isn't even the president of this country and even if he was it still wouldn't matter.

Protesting doesn't ever help the cause anyway, it just annoys people, and puts them against you even more.

Anyone who protests at APEC is an idiot. I will be watching the news and laughing at all the morons who get belted by the police and arrested.
 

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,623
Location
Miramar, CA
Gender
Male
HSC
2013
If you're really passionate about it you'd sacrifice your public holidays to go protest about it. When you're doing it on the wednesday it's quite clear you just want a day off school and it's fucking pathetic.
 

iamsickofyear12

Active Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
3,960
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Why would you take a day off school and waste it by going to a protest...? If you don't want to go to school then at least do something interesting and fun.
 

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
5,391
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Why would you take a day off school and waste it by going to a protest...? If you don't want to go to school then at least do something interesting and fun.
Maybe not everyone finds lumped over the couch with a bag of cool ranch doritoes watching re-runs of Everybody Loves Raymond "interesting and fun" like you do.
 

iamsickofyear12

Active Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
3,960
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
jb_nc said:
Maybe not everyone finds lumped over the couch with a bag of cool ranch doritoes watching re-runs of Everybody Loves Raymond "interesting and fun" like you do.
I never recommended doing that.... but it would still be better than going to a stupid protest.
 

kewlu

Banned
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
297
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
jimmayyy said:
yes, i'm quite certain when President Bush glances fleetingly out the window down at the sydney streets and sees a bunch of 15 year olds jigging school and concentrating on getting in front of the tv cameras, his next thought will be to pull out of iraq.
Lol 15 year olds.

RoCk AgAiNsT bUsH.
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,101
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Jesus! said:
While the reletive merits of getting 'poorer' and getting 'richer' under different economic strategies is contested I don't agree with property damage and don't support the masked feral protesters.

It is convenient for people such as withoutaface to paint anyone left of them as socialist (or any poor naive school kid who thinks protesting is a good idea). It avoids complicated arguments that he and others are not equipped to engage in.
They're being mobilised by Resistance. Now I don't know how many of their members you've spoken to recently, but they are literally revolutionary communists.

EDIT:http://www.resistance.org.au/wrsf13#part29
 
Last edited:

kewlu

Banned
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
297
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Speaking of shitfucks protesting...

There's a guy going around Taree with a giant bit of cardboard slamming the IR laws because he lost his job, with masking tape all over his piece of shit car arranged so it says "Impeach Howard".

Lol impeach.
 

kewlu

Banned
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
297
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
withoutaface said:
He does realise he's not living in the US, right?
I fucking well hope so.

If I ever see him again, i'll get a photo for you all.
 

Optophobia

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
696
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
Schroedinger said:
Under socialism negative words would be replaced with positive words.

The rich would get good and the poor would be good off.
Yes. Yes indeed. negative words replaced by positive words.

So suddenly "Employers-First" becomes... "Workchoices" :eek:

1984 is fiction, you know that right?

The stuff in that book didn't actually happen :rofl:
 
Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,101
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Optophobia said:
Yes. Yes indeed. negative words replaced by positive words.

So suddenly "Employers-First" becomes... "Workchoices" :eek:

1984 is fiction, you know that right?

The stuff in that book didn't actually happen :rofl:
So is 90% of what Chomsky writes. What's your point?
 

Optophobia

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
696
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
withoutaface said:
So is 90% of what Chomsky writes. What's your point?
Chomsky writes about children being thrown overboard? :confused:

PS: I have NFI who Chomsky is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top