Studies of Religion I (1 Viewer)

jaev1n

HSC
well considering that it was a "too an extent" question.. coudln't we argue using a "however" like in modern history? In saying that.. i only discussed the significant person aspect..
That's what I kinda thought, like the whole 60/40 rule or whatever.
However, this isn't history so who knows :)

Jazar334

HSC
Likely 48/50, although with the essay question back to pre-2009 style, so more likely 47/50. You're welcome.
No way, it's likely to be about a 44/50, maybe 45/50. They won't drag a raw mark 90s down, it's ridiculous.

In regards to Section II, I found the actual wording of the question and the allocation of marks *very* *very* strange. i.e. Briefly outline - 4 marks? And then an ethics and impact - 5 marks? And the wording was entirely open to interpretation 'Jewish ethical teachings' - could mean regarding (for sexual ethics peeps) pre-marital sex, contraception or sexual relations, or it could "be fruitful and multiply" or it could be simply Tikkin Olam or Teachings drawn from talmud torah etc.
I think there will definitely be debate in the marking centre as to section II, it was poorly worded, poorly allocated and stupidly open.

The essay question was frustrating in the sense we had all learnt the open ended questions and then they had just reverted it back.

My two-cents.

Last edited:

reps2g

HSC
I NEVER KNEW ANGICAN WAS MORE THAN ORTHODOX !! Grrrrrrr/ 9/10 for me :(
Was the question in regards to the world or in australia? because the orthodox is greater than anglican in terms of the world but in australia it goes catholic, anglican...

Jazar334

HSC
Yes, so many people made this mistake in our trial.
I'm led to believe we had to include all three sections in the extended response.
You did not have to speak about all three. This was a direct syllabus dot point, that doesn't encounter the other dot points. If you were referring to the CSSA Paper, that question was an open-ended one, nothing like this pre-2009 essay.

studybot

HSC
You did not have to speak about all three. This was a direct syllabus dot point, that doesn't encounter the other dot points. If you were referring to the CSSA Paper, that question was an open-ended one, nothing like this pre-2009 essay.
^ This.

jaev1n

HSC
Calm down mr. bold and underline if you had bothered to read the rest of this thread you would've seen that I said that guy was "probably right"

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone please post up the paper (multiple choice as well would be great). I can't believe it was pre-2009 essay question lol.

You lucky people!

Scarlet Tears

HSC
Because the question was so unexpected and a lot of people, such as myself, would have incorporated the three things (person as well as ceremony and ethics) they will probably end up having to accept both types of answers.

wavess

HSC
True, you don't have to, but if you can find a way to link the others, then do it. I mean my significant person spoke about sharia law (I wrote about 4 pgs for that), and then i linked it to ethics, and how sharia law has an influence on ethics in countries, and so on. And I only wrote 3 pgs for that.

rayya555

HSC
I wrote about all 3 it was so easy to manipulate the question. I also didnt have enough information on my person alone so I said they helped reform it to some extend but its through ethical considerations and practices that help to reform and revitalise it into a continually growing religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)