Study B Med Sci through B Sci (1 Viewer)

ibbybiby

HSC
I was wondering whether it would be possible to study a B Med Sci through B Sci.

I want to do a combined degree with med sci and commerce but UNSW and USYD don't offer it. So the closest I can get to what I want is a combined degree of commerce and science.

I think I remember the lecturer telling me at the UNSW Open Day that I can choose the exact same subjects to study in a science degree as I can in a medical science degree. If I can choose the same subjects/cores will there be a difference when I graduate? (apart from the name of the course on the certificate)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW - no
USyd - no

Last edited:

JennaJameson

Swollen Member
HSC
you can't at unsw because there are exclusive courses only available to med sci kids

i think it's the same at usyd

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Go to info day on the 3rd of January and ask them. Seriously, half the people on BoS have no idea what they're talking about.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
you can't at unsw because there are exclusive courses only available to med sci kids

i think it's the same at usyd
Well, then it's not at both.

At USyd you can have the same first and final years, but second year is different because BMedSc peeps do the BMED UoS.

HSC
what did you want to use medsci for exactly?

Could always do a B.sci majoring in physiology and then take on 1-2 mol bio subs, pharm, micro and some anat.

ibbybiby

HSC
what did you want to use medsci for exactly?

Could always do a B.sci majoring in physiology and then take on 1-2 mol bio subs, pharm, micro and some anat.
I don't know exactly yet.... It may be because I know there is the chance of lateral entry into the med course (not available via B Sci though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)