Study Discussion (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Re: study hours

acinad// said:
just at the top of the thread, theres a button that says thread tools.
in that (the last option) says subscribe to thread =]
yeah but the real button is at the bottom lol

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Re: Hsc prep Here it comes!

Notes by hands except for biology and chemistry, it allows me to easiely make flow charts, diagrams, sexy green tables, and is neater

Mothers

Banned
HSC

Guys, it's not necessary that you write notes. I have NEVER written notes for any of my subjects, and yet I've still managed to top most of them. There's really no use in writing notes. You should better spend your time learning the syllabus and just reading your textbook. Also, read a wider variety of sources to supplement your knowledge. Don't just stick to your textbook. Take the initiative and actually search something up on Google.

Also, I've got another friend who is duxing the grade and already has a scholarship lined up for him and he's also never made notes.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

Mothers said:
Guys, it's not necessary that you write notes. I have NEVER written notes for any of my subjects, and yet I've still managed to top most of them. There's really no use in writing notes. You should better spend your time learning the syllabus and just reading your textbook. Also, read a wider variety of sources to supplement your knowledge. Don't just stick to your textbook. Take the initiative and actually search something up on Google.

Also, I've got another friend who is duxing the grade and already has a scholarship lined up for him and he's also never made notes.
yeah thats wat i'm thinking but its preference, also for some subjects i really dont feel the need to make notes, e.g. maths but i still see lots of people making notes.....

Mothers

Banned
HSC

Timothy.Siu said:
yeah thats wat i'm thinking but its preference, also for some subjects i really dont feel the need to make notes, e.g. maths but i still see lots of people making notes.....
AHAHAHAHA, notes for maths?!?! That's just stupid.

I don't know, each to their own. If you feel that you MUST make notes, whatever. I'm just saying that it doesn't necessarily mean you'll fail or even do badly if you don't write notes up.

jellybelly59

HSC

Timothy.Siu said:
ewww maths notes... LOL don't do them... i just do practice papers and questions from the textbook.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

Write and type :) I do both. When it's all typed up nicely with the font and layout (each dotpoint covered), I simply review it through repetition when exams are about to begin. Writing absorbs more information into your mind though, but I cbb reading the disarray of my notes :). So I write first, then type :). If you're dedicated, do both.

The Kaiser

HSC

Pretty much all of my time (around 5 hours) on the weekends and holidays, while finishing homework and assignments on school days. I just need to resist temptation (Internet, TV, Wii, PS2 etc).

I mean that's how much I'd like to study anyway...

gezzill

HSC

dont burn yourselves out before the HSC or you will get very sick of it all. i suggest making notes each day on each subject of what you did in class (i didnt do it but i wish i did lol).
it makes the note process taking alot easier. and also maths is essential everyday IMO.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Myself: 75%
Tutoring: 5%
Teacher: 10%
Luck: 10%

H4rdc0r3

HSC
The teachers that I have for year 12 don't teach. One doesn't teach and doesn't give us material, the other gives us material but doesn't teach at all, one teaches so fast that only people who do accelerated tutoring understand, the other is high on drugs and is lost.

I have the worst teacher lineup for the HSC. Its going to be sumwhere near 90% myself and 10% or less for teacher.

I'd rather homeschool myself for some of the subjects so I don't have to turn up to the pointless class.

Shanku

HSC

PLANNING on doing 2 hours a day (i.e. 2 subjects - 1 hour each)
I'll probably end up doing half an hour of one subject per day...

adidasboy

weee
HSC

Planning to do 4 hours starting from day 1, that way I won't have to cram in times of assignments/exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)