Study Discussion (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
wth people. With 5+ studying everyday, you should get like 99+ UAI. Unless those study routines are totally consumed by procrastination, 99+ UAI won't be hard with 5 hours a day...

my timetable is like:

2-5am studying
5-6am re-sleeping
6am -> prep for school, school, random things
4pm -> total procrastination, eating and sleeping

I want to study more than 3 hours a day but I don't think I will pull that off.
It's more like 3- hours a day.

With that routine, my UAI = less than 90 = no actuarial for me, not happy at all. (even though it's not all about amount of studying you do but amount matters! lol)
Your planning to do all your work early morning?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
lyounamu said:
wth people. With 5+ studying everyday, you should get like 99+ UAI. Unless those study routines are totally consumed by procrastination, 99+ UAI won't be hard with 5 hours a day...

my timetable is like:

2-5am studying
5-6am re-sleeping

I want to study more than 3 hours a day but I don't think I will pull that off.
It's more like 3- hours a day.

With that routine, my UAI = less than 90 = no actuarial for me, not happy at all. (even though it's not all about amount of studying you do but amount matters! lol)
You'll do fine. You'll find the pressure closer to half yearlies and trials and the eventual big shaband will push you to study more when you need to, and let your body and mind relax in the mean times.

Also, STUVAC = study heaven, so don't freak out. I'm looking for 90+ and excepting before and during half yearlies, trials amd STUVAC, I've done maybe 2-3 of study a night all hsc.
You'll be fine, you'll probably be better than fine.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
You'll do fine. You'll find the pressure closer to half yearlies and trials and the eventual big shaband will push you to study more when you need to, and let your body and mind relax in the mean times.

Also, STUVAC = study heaven, so don't freak out. I'm looking for 90+ and excepting before and during half yearlies, trials amd STUVAC, I've done maybe 2-3 of study a night all hsc.
You'll be fine, you'll probably be better than fine.
thanks for that. I gives me some hope for 90+ UAI.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
You're a clever kid, and you seem very dedicated and really realistic.
So, you'll get out what you put it (nutrigrain much?)
Just dont over work yourself.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Help me with study choices please.

Hello my fellow 09 people

I have decided to make notes every night for my subjects ( based on the dot point we had done that day), during these summer holidays I wont be in Australia, so how should I study while im overseas.

Should I take notes from the resource centre and keep reading them........... any other suggestions.

THANKS

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
My yr 12 afternoon timetable.

4:45 - Arrive home from school.
5:00 - Study
5:50 - 10min Break
6:00 - Study
6:50 - PLAY GAMES TILL 10:30
10:30 - Shower, brush teeth, read manga, sleep.

Supaman92

HSC
Re: Help me with study choices please.

Can i ask why you're going? is it like absolutely necessary? Because to be honest, whatever notes you take with you overseas...you'll still be overseas..and from experieneits VERY difficult to concentrate. But i suppose this is the HSC and you would have motivation to actually try and study

McSpitfire

Wendell Sailor
The grandstands at OKI Jubilee.. (Actually, Cronul
HSC

If you really are going to do this I reckon you should spend one-two hours in the evening writing notes.

To be honest, I would rather study on the plane and not on the actual vacation. Your choice in the end though.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Not sure about the 3 hour and 40 minutes a day of gaming :eek:

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC

i know you're sick of 08's but i wouldn't stress too much over the summer holidays. im not saying dont take any work (u can do what u like lol) but just remember that ull have only done one unit in each of your subjects. so unless u have an assessment early term 1 i wouldn't get caught up doing a huge amount of study. enjoy your holiday

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
4theHSC said:
Also for the 08'ers is there life in the HSC? or does all the oxygen get sucked out of your lungs in this final year?
if u want a life u can have it. youll have more fun in year 12 than all the other years put together. the only times when it gets crap is when u have a heap of assessments due (or exam periods), the rest of the time u can do what u like.

HSC

yeah in the Xmas holidays i updated some summaries and that was it i think i studied on and off for like 2 days

Shoom

HSC
N/A

Spoke to my science co-oridnator he said just revise what we did in term4 and dont go ahead ( as in start next module).

So thats great im just going to revise the module we did in term 4 then.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
my timetable is like:
2-5am studying
5-6am re-sleeping
how hours of sleep do you get?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I dont study much. Because I feel sick all the time.

I dont set any timetables. I make notes on the dot point covered read them and then thats it. I wont allocate 3 hours for something that doesnt need three hours. I also do not go ahead. I stay with the class.

Last edited:

untitled....

HSC
Just a question to anyone. What is studying for you? Does it include assignments, homework, etc. OR is it simply writing notes and memorising?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Studying is maybe, setting a few hours a week to go over everything that you have done for every subject in that week, and probably writing notes and memorising the content, if you need to. Homework and assessments do not count as study. Study is independent of any of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)